Health and Fitness May, 2012

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness May, 2012

Postby Nancy » Thu May 31, 2012 4:38 pm

Back from my walk today changed up my route today.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:14 am

OKay Remember I hang out at a group called bootcamp so I must say that everything in moderation is fine, even bacon, but at every meal? There was one day's menus that you posted where you had bacon for each meal.

The protein bacon comes wrapped up in has too many bad things for you to consider it as a food and not a condiment. I'm not fond of eggs so a piece of bacon helps me get it them down, just as a piece of chocolate helps me drink a plain glass of milk. But I'm not having chocolate at every meal. The smell of bacon is a comfort food (my dad had bacon for at least the first 70 years of his life before my mom stopped cooking it for him.) I understand and have been known to eat as badly or worse, but it still can't be justified unless all other food options available to you will give you a severe digestive or allergic reaction.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:20 am

Had a great 3 mile walk with ds yesterday. Wore the heart rate monitor and kept a close eye on it so we really motored along. At one point on a 'bridge' wooden path over a swamp the surface started to oscillate and ds broke step with me. Then we had an interesting discussion that this was how the Roman soldiers had to march over suspension bridges because otherwise the sine wave produced would destroy the bridge. That boy is a wealth of interesting facts that he can recall at the appropriate time (in that way he is like my 'uneducated' father - they both just had high school but continue to learn on their own and I'm suspecting my ds will be as successful as my dad was in life because of his personality.)

I had switched straps because of the trouble I was having with the wrist monitor not picking up its strap. Today it is still working fine but the monitor on the treadmill is not working properly at all. Which is odd since this is the strap that belongs to the treadmill.

Return to “Healthy Habits”