Health and Fitness June, 2012

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness June, 2012

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:27 pm

Ok with the rain today doing some inside stuff arms wall push ups 75 one way reverse 45.
Leg kicks walking in place 20 min.

4 mi. on ex. bike done oh yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:24 pm

Congrats, Harriet!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:36 am

Big congratulations to Harriet. As much for the perseverance as for the loss. That's the part that really impresses me.

My hesitation on a ladder is not because I can't do it, I am now mentally afraid. Since my couple falls recently and watching DH fall off ladder a few months ago, I'm hesitant of the ladder. Everything I do seems like I'm more cautious. I don't spill one drop of anything on the floor that I don't go back and wipe it up completely. And call out immediately to DH if I see wet anywhere. Step cautiously over any bump or riser. Honestly, I'm getting to be like an old person. :lol: DH can get up the ladder one step with each foot, but getting the ac filters out was mostly impossible, holding his arms up over his head (he can't do that any more). Our ceilings are 9'. When he brought the filters home and I installed with him holding the ladder, I remarked that I needed assisted living!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:43 pm

Thanks, guys!

As much for the perseverance as for the loss.

8-)

Yes, when you are a turtle, perseverance is pretty much your main advantage. ;) But I do think I may have turned a corner with whatever this effect is - thyroid or time of life - on my ability to lose weight. This month's losses seemed easier. May have been because losing weight is its own reward, in a way, in that a lower weight means I have a better chance to get stronger. OR (and I think this may be significant) I did start a different way of eating that is supposed to have good effects on the body insofar as inflammation, glucose and insulin, lungs.

I am only teasing you about balance exercises, Harmony. I am absolutely NOT more confident on ladders because I do the T-Tapp balance moves. Theoretically, it helps with balance, but it has no effect on getting old enough to have some SENSE and know why you don't want to fall.

There was a study that in nursing homes, residents with the highest Vitamin D level had the least falls, btw - have I already bored you with this. That study was why we first got the call from the big umbrella/center of my ddad's local dr's office saying they wanted him to start having regular bone scans for osteoporosis at age 92 - his bloodwork had come back deficient in D. So I asked, why start scans on a 92-year-old man when we can just give him Vitamin D capsules? Of course, that was probably a disappointment to their billing dept., but his Vitamin D is 56 now and they say, oh, well, they don't consider there to be any reason to scan now, with a level that high. ? So they must take the link pretty seriously.

Yesterday I did the 55 minute T-Tapp workout.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:23 pm

I have walked a bit today but will finish the rest later after the heat of the day has passed.
Got the garden spot weeded and another area as well it must count for something!

Return to “Healthy Habits”