Health and Fitness July, 2012

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness July, 2012

Postby Nancy » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:55 am

I did my walk yesterday broke it up some in the morning w/ dgd in the stroller that was fun.
And 4 mi. on the ex. bike while watching DVD w/ hubby in the cave basement must remember this for when the hotter days come this weekend.
Then after dinner finished my longer part of the walk.
:idea:
BS was down enough I could have my home made granola I've been out of sorts so hoping this helps!

I felt rough the past couple of days fighting an ear thing or allergies was crabbing at h. today feeling quite a bit better yea for that. Did my walk still want to do a couple mi. at least on the ex. bike down stairs.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:01 pm

Sigh, hugs for the timing of things, Kathryn.

Lynlee, you would be so far ahead of me with yoga poses. Just the "runner's stretch" sequence in my otherwise-do-able T-Tapp videos wipes me out. She's sing-songing happily, "Remember, we lose fat in the stretch!" and I'm answering, (muffled) "You go ahead, I'll just keep mine."

But I'm a little better each time, and a little better with fewer pounds.

Twins Mom, I tend to agree with Nancy. If I were considering a yoga class, I believe I'd try some beginner's DVDs or tv classes at home in privacy first! (But then, I'm big on the beauty of nice, private bobbling! :D )

I was a such a FOOOOOL (back of hand to the forehead, swooning onto the couch). :roll: I ate a hot dog yesterday, out. It didn't seem like such a dumb idea at the time but I felt my fingers swelling well before night and still this morning. What is it, the nitrites or the salt or both... ... anyway, it completely ruined the fact that I was very good and stayed within my calories, because it blew me right up like a ballOOn. So un-com-for-ta-ble. This too shall pass. ( :lol: ) Quite literally.

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:53 pm

Well I spent the day eating right. Had a bowl of fresh fruit..strawberries and two kinds of melons instead of a bowl of ice cream. Did solve the sweet attack. We ate out for dinner tonight at the In-a-out. Had my lettuce bun hamburger with tomatoes and nothing else. Spent 45 minutes on my Gazelle glider. Hopefully will start my dvd floor stuff tomorrow. My clothes still fit, but I have a belly tire hanging over the top. I am uncomfortable in shorts, but need to keep wearing them as a reminder of what I am trying to accomplish.
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:45 am

Fighting the sniffles today bs is up boo for that!
I need to keep moving that's my motto this morning.
Walk done x
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:57 pm

Nancy...maybe they're all too hot to type ;)

I just finished my dvd workout. 40 mins of good sweat. Its much like my kickboxing class which is good, but it lacks the fun of having other people around. However I don't have to travel very far...

Finally got the nerve to step on the scales...I thought I knew what my weight was and I was only .6 lbs off. I know my body well. Need to jump in the shower if I plan to be around other people today...and that includes Sweetie. Hope to do more of my gazelle now that I have it set up in my office. Instead of watching tv while I'm alone on the couch, gonna start watching it in my office while I glide this spare tire away...at least thats my plan anyway *-) (wink)

Hope you get to feeling better Nancy...I hate the sniffles.
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:43 pm

I just finished my dvd workout. 40 mins of good sweat. Its much like my kickboxing class which is good, but it lacks the fun of having other people around. However I don't have to travel very far...

I would fill in the blank, though, with other words... ... "but it lacks the ______ of having other people around". :lol: For most of the words I think of, I would not mind the lack! ;)

So far today I've had an omelet and a salad. I ran out of any usual kind of cheese, so I slivered swiss into the omelet. It tasted kinda nice! Later today my wonderful standby of sweet potato.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:22 am

On the treadmill for the first time in weeks due to travel.

First concentrated exercise in 7 days. Sigh... This is hard if you take a week off. I'm needing to use the cues of the music to push myself, running up the speed when I get to certain songs and slowing down for the next song.

If we end up driving to Vancouver if/when dd gets pregnant we'll going to have to add a day to the trip and take an hour or more out of each day to workout intentionally. Four driving days in a row knocked me off program for 7 days.

The heat has broken today so that made it easier getting onto the treadmill. I won't be on it tomorrow because I have to have the car to the dealership by 7:45 but I will have to walk from my volunteer job to the dealership which is about 2 miles so that will be forced exercise tomorrow.

My weight was 168 or up 3 pounds from the day before we left. Both times were in the middle of hot spells so temperature didn't play a role. Water retention might so we'll see where I end up after a couple days of eating better.

There was a cheese and bacon hot dog yesterday (but no fries and I only had 5 onion rings) so that will be affecting water retention. There was also far too much dark chocolate, and 2 100 calorie oreo packets. The rest of the food intake was healthy and not insane quantities but I was short water (made up for it by being up on my milk intake.)

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:38 am

Walk done yea! Did not do much this weekend and it shows but I think I'm feeling better and bs is great today yea for that! :mrgreen:

Walked yesterday
today yard work is my exercise I've done 2 rounds of weeding.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:22 pm

Measuring day half-way through the commitment to August 1. Changing everywhere. The only places I didn't have 1/4-inch losses were arms and lower thighs.

Continuing with 3 long work-outs a week. Well, 55 minutes, 35-40 minutes and 30 minutes, usually on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, and alternating calories.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:54 am

No news but I'm on the treadmill again. Yesterday I was lazy so ds gave me a ride to the dealership and I skipped that walk, but dh and I walked to the store before supper.

My eating yesterday was pathetic. Not as bad as it would have been if there was more junk food in the house but it was pretty bad.

I did get my water in, though.

Return to “Healthy Habits”