Share healthy living habits.
OKay

Re: Health & Fitness October 2012

Postby OKay » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:00 am

Checking out the titles.....
Healthy Habits
Health & Fitness

Yes, this is the place I need to be.

I need better Healthy Habits because the scales were brutally honest in letting me know my Health & Fitness current efforts are not enough.

I'm dusting off my tracking system and getting it set up again.
I'm letting my motivation get energy from being creative to add some new formulas

BBL

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:41 am

Harmony, I have wanted to join in and comment about the low-acid diet and just so busy. But your statement makes me happy for you.

Low Acid diet seems to be helping a bit. Coughing less. Better at night, not great but a bit better. I'm also down 2 pounds. Watching to see if that stays off.

Kathryn, what about enforcing naps of a certain time limit and actually setting an alarm? Would that allow some type of compromise? I know that when I set an alarm I then think about the alarm more than I mean to and possibly don't sleep as quickly! But if it keep the day moving in the way I intended it is a benefit. Your fitness has so many ways of improving soon. Many little helps on the way of more strength, etc.

A big thumbs-up for the Foot Fitness video, which is very good for dd - we are both impressed with it. It does take a full hour to do it all with full instruction, so dd is just clicking through the individual moves part now to save time. I was interested to hear Teresa Tapp say that with better foot fitness and rehabilitation, weight loss becomes easier. Had never considered that. There is some massaging at times, but mostly it is therapy work, some while standing barefoot but mostly on the floor. Sometimes you look a little odd. At one point, she says if a family member walks in and wonders if you are all right, just say, "I'm exercising"! :D

Toes - she mentions the "Yoga Toes" product favorably while teaching how to do what it does with your own hands in massage/pressure. I think her point is that it is a good product but you also need to be aware of how to make your own feet feel better yourself when needed, and include working on the important ball area of the foot, too. I did glance at their website and if anyone was looking for a gift, in certain colors they are half-off for the holidays, making a pair "only" $20.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:56 pm

Harriet, K in C and others posting in this thread. I thought a lot about you while I was off line.
Back from a short walk with dgd we collected worms for the chickens they were not as enthusiastic as they were yesterday about them however.
:idea: Rain had stopped lots of puddles to splash in shoes and soxs for dgd drying now.
Got the rest of my walk in today.

OKay

Postby OKay » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:54 am

Day #1 went well. I planned meals and didn't over eat. Seeing my total sodium/fat/carb/proteins for the day .VS .the recommended numbers give me areas to immediately work on.

No exercise yet. Pedometer had over 6000 steps from just normal doings.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:00 am

Only 3200 steps yesterday since most of my up time was spent in the car.

Harriet: I do try a timer but that doesn't always work. Yesterday, for instance, the phone call came 5 minutes after I lay down and lasted 25 minutes. So much for an hour nap. Other times I wake up but am physically too wiped to get out of bed. There's two symptoms here, 1) body tired - ache, get cranky, fine motor skills leave and 2) sleepy - yawning, rubbing eyes, just want to nap. If neither of the symptoms are present, going down for a nap is a waste of time. If one or both are present that doesn't guarantee I'll actually sleep but I need to lie down (sitting or reclining to watch tv or visit is insufficient still.) I think the key is I have to turn my brain off (as much as that is possible with me!), close my eyes and withdraw from the world.

Busy day today. Will get at least 8K steps for sure.

Am actually worried about stepping on the scale after my shower. I really ate badly yesterday.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:07 pm

Well, I am setting my alarm for an hour earlier than when I normally get up, and I can reach over and take that pill that must be taken an hour before any food/drink. And I just push the snooze alarm for some more sleep. Unfortunately, I can't get an hour out of the snooze so I am looking for a little travel alarm to use for that extra hour.

It's a relief to get up and know I can eat and drink if I want. I usually just want my coffee (scant cup, as I'm cutting down on that).

Return to “Healthy Habits”