Health and Fitness November, 2012

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness November, 2012

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:04 pm

Yesterday I did a walk w/ dgd and we planted bulbs nearly 500 of them so counting the for exercise.
:mrgreen:
More bulbs to go in today so that will be counted for at least part of today's exercise! Happy to be gardening in 50* weather in Nov.!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:00 am

Harriet - thyroxine is T4 - synthetic. I took it for an age with no changes to my thyroid levels before a gp suggested T4 as well. I've played with the doses trying get tsh and T3 & 4 levels within normal range. I used prefer a higher dose but many gps protested as tsh was zero and they believed it was too much an impact on bone density. So - my energy is less on the lower dose.
Trying ginseng 5 twice a day and that seems to help. Just slightly.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:16 am

I dug holes to plants apx 135 more bulbs today it took a couple hours counting that for my exercise.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:01 am

On treadmill. Running late today so I may shorten it to 1.5 miles unless I get distracted on the internet.

Ended up with 8982 steps yesterday. Close enough that I debated walking up and down the stairs a few times to cross 9000 but I was so sore I decided to be sensible.

Not sure why it was so high. I did run a few errands for my friend while she waited in the car so maybe that's why it was higher than I expected. Certainly I didn't have a lot of 'whole house' movement, I did clean hard but that was on the bedroom level which is very compact (no hall just a landing, all rooms within a step or three from the next room.)

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:10 pm

Today bs was way up so decided to get out and plant the last of the bulbs then raked the neighbors front yard. She is living elsewhere now.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:45 am

On treadmill again but only for 30 minutes because I got up late - on purpose but then realized I could get 30 minutes in if I kept focused. Tried jogging today for the last 2 minutes of my warm-up song. Felt fine. Ask me about that again tomorrow or Tuesday! This is the first I've jogged since the first week of August. Back then I was only jogging for 2 - 4 minutes, mainly to see if I could do it but also to raise my heart rate earlier in the workout.

Dh has canceled an evening with the Anglican priest and her husband because he's feeling so poorly. We've rescheduled for Friday after our church Stew Supper.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:38 pm

Yesterday I walked and did the floors for my exercise.
Today so far raking leaves and a trip out to the chicken pen has been my exercise.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:45 am

treadmill again. Pleased to report that there has been no ill effect at all from the jogging. Keep in mind, I jog for just 2 - 3 minutes, that is it. Anything longer and I suspect I'd die. So, I seem to hit 'the wall' at two minutes. Not marathon or even 5K material!

Each day this week has gone well but I suspect it is the sunlight. It will be sunny and warm tomorrow so I think I might try a walk for the mail as well as my treadmill in the morning.

Short time on the treadmill today because I have my volunteering so need to get out of the house around 9 or 9:15 at the latest. (I like to be there for at least 2.5 hours each week.) Also have to shower today.

Another sign of improvement, showering no longer drains my energy. I'm slow at it but I can shower and not have my morning shot.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:46 pm

K in C glad to read of your energy returning!

I've done my ex. on the exercise bike this morning as it's been raining just a bit outside here this morning.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:34 am

Nancy: Yes, there are a lot of improvements but I still need that nap and my evenings are half lost to waking up from the nap. Part of the issue is that dh wants bed at 10. If I could go full blast from 9 - 11, I might get to sleep better. Instead, I go quiet at 10, reading or wasting time, and then have trouble falling asleep.

Last evening my fine motor was still off after supper and I dumped the cutlery container (full of dirty cutlery) all over the kitchen counter. It is little things like that I find very frustrating, not only because of the mess and time to clean up but the fact that my body still isn't working right.

I have to be careful all the time with fine motor skills, slowing things down to deliberate motions because quite often working at my normal "don't think about it" speed just leads to dropping or knocking things over or having to try to do things over and over again (such as threading a needle or hanging up clothing.)

My typing doesn't mix up as many words now so that is an improvement but I still had to edit this post due to mis-types.

Return to “Healthy Habits”