Health and Fitness December, 2012

Share healthy living habits.
OKay

Re: Health and Fitness December, 2012

Postby OKay » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:39 am

hanging in there. Just keep on keeping on.

Yesterday successes -
** ate out successfully. Went to chick-fa-la and had soup/salad. Both were tasty and the whole meal only had 310 calories. Although the soup is HIGH in sodium so my goal of 2000mg of sodium daily was busted
** last night I had eaten almost all of my calories for the day but I was so hungry that I was willing to consider eating the paint off the walls......however I managed to restraint myself. :D I shared an orange with LO so that added 40 calories after I had closed out my day at 34 calories under goal.

Celebrating small successes!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:02 am

I worked out in the yard doing some pruning raking leaves
and then came inside and did 4 mi. on the ex. bike had "low" and had some goodies skipped the bun on the sausage dog for dinner.

OKay

Postby OKay » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:17 am

Keeping on......

** Lost .4 lb yesterday
** DH has started using correct portions of his meals. At least when he is with me.

Yesterday DAunt brought us a "much loved" fruit cake made with DH Grandmother recipe AND a homemade cheesecake pie. :shock: We shared one piece of pie after lunch and each had a small piece of cake after supper. Can you hear the ****WARNING BELLS**** going off? I am hopefully both desserts will disappear today....eaten by others who will enjoy them and need the extra calories!

OKay

Postby OKay » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:10 am

The thoughts going through my head this morning....it is only a bump in the road.......that is all it is.....to be expected....don't get discouraged.......don't give up

I was 368 calories over my daily goal yesterday and the scales are up 1.2 lbs. :shock: :? :roll:

I know 368 calories do not equal a pound gain
This is the reason they say not to weigh every day.
Accept it as a bump in the raod and get going with doing my best today

Alrighty!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:22 pm

Did not get on the ex. bike yesterday hoping the yd. work I did counts for enough exercise. Wondering how I can do a brunch or tea w/only healthy items and no sugar!

Did my 4 mi. on the ex bike Sun.

I've been feeling puny did not get on the ex. bike counting some chicken chasing for exercise however.

Wed. did my 4 mi. on the ex. bike have missed a few days on arm work outs so will be doing that soon.

Thurs. ex. bike 4 mi done, did arm ex. while I was on the ex. bike also counted cleaned chicken run for some too.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

OKay

Postby OKay » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:07 am

Yesterday was a busy day but I managed to eat within my goal. This morning .8 lb are gone of the 1.2 lbs gained yesterday

Yesterday success moments.....
** I baked cookies without eating a single one.
** I looked at the delicious looking glazed donuts twice, but remained strong and walked away from them
** For lunch I ordered Indian taco with the fry bread on the side. Without the fry bread the meal became very calorie friendly (beans, chili, lettuce, cheese, salsa). I did tear off two pieces of the fry bread and enjoyed savoring each bite.

OKay

Postby OKay » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:40 am

Keeping on.....

Yesterday successes .....
** Last minute Christmas shopping found us still in town 2 hours past lunch. DH was hungry and ready to eat. The back of the pickup was full of Christmas shopping so we decided to eat at drive in fast food place so we didn't have to leave the gifts tempting someone to steal them. ANYWAY......instead of my typical order of fish basket (fried fish, onion rings, Fries) I ordered a grilled chicken salad. I was very pleasantly surprised how YUMMY it was! I didn't feel deprived at all.
** I started using fitbit device to measure activity, sleep and food. It is a wireless device that automatically uploads information and sync's with MyFitnessPal.
** At the end of the day I was 237 calories under my goal so I needed to find something to eat. It was nice to find myself not hungry - but eating because I need to feed my body. I ate an apple for bedtime snack.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:18 pm

You are doing GREAT, OKay!

I was pleased to see that over the last few days, even with holiday food I have lost another pound. We were simply too busy to sit around eating all the time, though we had 3 nice meals while we were there, and pie, and christmas cookies. Oh and the box of chocolate candy (I had 2 pieces). Oh and the trail mix with M&M's.

Just how did I lose that pound, anyway?

OKay

Postby OKay » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:07 am

Harmony - Congrats on having a great Christmas holiday AND losing weight!

I'm hanging in there. It is getting easier than it was the first few days of logging what I ate. I am not hungry all the time now and eat because it is time to eat. I'm doing better at evaluating what I eat for it's nutritional content.......but I'm not radical about it. Yesterday I ate 1/2 cup of ice cream for planned snack time just because it sounded good.:)

I've lost the 1.4lbs I spiked earlier this week and am also down another pound today.

I am happy with the Fitbit One device after 3 days of use. The exercise (or lack of it) and calorie information are visual which I like. However the sleep information maybe the most useful in making improvements health wise for me. I knew my sleep was fragmented, but I didn't realize how much until I saw it documented. Two of the nights I was awake/up 6-7 times and last night was 14 times (LO had leg cramps from riding on his new bike)! Getting sound sleep is something I need to think about how to improve.

OKay

Postby OKay » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:29 am

Keeping on......

My weight was same this morning as yesterday which thrills me since the scales dropped a whole pound yesterday.

What I'm doing -
** Logging food/drinks at MyFitnessPal
** tracking exercise & sleep using Fitbit one
I've linked these 2 software apps so they "talk" to each other and share the information that is received from me. They do have some overlap which I'm still evaluating.

I did add another free app (Libra) yesterday that does an outstanding job with trend analysis and stats on weight loss. It is from the people who put together The Hackers Diet and I just like how their brain thinks. :)

Return to “Healthy Habits”