Health and Fitness December, 2012

Share healthy living habits.
OKay

Re: Health and Fitness December, 2012

Postby OKay » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:37 am

Keeping on......even when I'm having bumps in the road

Yesterday I over ate. I was emotionally upset and it showed up in how I ate. However unlike previous times of binge type eating, I continued to log what I ate. It kept me aware of what I was doing and helped reign myself in. This morning the scales reflected my overeating......I was up .4 of a lb.

With that behind me, I continue forward with my weight loss efforts....
** logging food on MFP
** logging sleep and exercise (or lack of it in my case) on fitbit
** Logging weight on Libra app

I added a new app to log my water consumption and to remind me when I go long periods without drinking. My goal is 9 cups of pure water a day. This app was free and gives positive reinforcement to me by applause when I finish my water. Silly.....but I like it! :lol:

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:11 pm

Did my 4 mi. on ex. bike today and raked leaves in the backyard, & groc. shopping also for my exercises today.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

OKay

Postby OKay » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:04 am

Keeping on....

Scales are down 1.4 lbs today! I expect they will bounce back up tomorrow and/or stay here several days in a row. Since I do weigh everyday the graft and analysis in app helps me see the big picture. It tells me I am losing an average of 1.8 lbs a week which is about the rate I want to lose this weight.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:57 am

Nancy, you had more variety so probably got better exercise than I did yesterday. It was just the dreaded shopping walkwalkwalk for me. :? I only needed a couple things, but dd had a gift card she really hoped to use, which took us a looooong way 'round. Yuck, concrete floors and concrete stairs. But I counted it - didn't want to add any more for sure.

OKay, your new mini-journey back to goal weight is inspiring. You've hit a good rate. Mine last year was downright plodding compared to you! Yay

I sure do applaud your decision to monitor your water and can see that, since you have such active days and are in weight-loss mode anyway, 9 cups is a smart goal. Mine is 8, but when I get 7 in wintertime I consider it good. I was amused to hear a radio discussion in which someone was again arguing that you can get your water from the foods you eat, but then couldn't respond to a question on how sandwiches and fries had enough water in them. So he admitted TEENS probably couldn't. :roll: I only hope most people listening to that would realize that their own daily foods wouldn't "squeeze out" to enough moisture to keep their bodily functions running smoothly, and would not listen to that poor advice. One of the first symptoms when a person stops proper water/moisture consumption is constipation (the weight-loss enemy for sure). Bad enough - but, in light of that well-known effect, just think of what would be happening with all the other delicate, vital systems of the body. End sermon. :lol:

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:47 pm

I end the year a few pounds lower than I'd been much of this year. Happy for that. Also, today I got on the elliptical for the first time in months. I went 5 minutes and then stopped. I was feeling it in my thigh muscles, which are woefully weak right now...so I stopped before they got so sore I couldn't walk...but I felt like I could have kept on going for a while. I can't remember ever feeling like that while I was exercising on that thing. I think my thyroid being in balance surely must be helping that.

OKay, I am in awe of how fast you can lose weight. I could never lose it as fast as you're doing.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:52 pm

Today's exercise included getting the coop ready for chickens to be in it tonight and 4 mi. on the ex. bike.

OKay

Postby OKay » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:26 am

Keeping on.....

Weight was up today .8 lbs but I was expecting that with yesterday's big loss. It seems like my weight is like a bouncing ball up/down....up/down.....but as long as the general trend is gradually heading downward, I'm okay with the upward spikes.

Continuing to log food, water, sleep and exercise. UHmmmmmm.....I mean I have an app in place to log exercise IF I EVER DO ANY :oops:

I'm using ever spare moment to focus on 2012 paperwork and financial transactions. Throwing in some exercise time would be perfect activity to counter the eye strain/shoulder aches from intensive paperwork/transaction focus.

Return to “Healthy Habits”