Health and Fitness January, 2013

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness January, 2013

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:17 pm

I walked apx. a mile, did 4 mi. on the exercise bike, and some house work @dd's & chased chickens for my exercise talk about a change of pace! LOL

OKay

Postby OKay » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:36 am

Posting for accountability
Bump. Bump. Bump.

I knew when I started this weight loss journey that i would hit detours and bumps in the road. I expect them......but that doesn't mean I like 'em!

There is NO WAY that I'm stepping on the scales for a couple of days. Hopefully the worst of the weight gain that has happened over the past couple of days will disappear before I have to see the damage done.

DSon & DDIL have their family on a healthy way of eating. Their home is filled with healthy food selection. However, when we visit it seems everyone throws caution to the wind and decided to eat all the foods that we normal don't. Pizza.....fried foods.....sweets......ugh. I hope this saying isn't true .....A moment on the lips means a life time on the hips. :oops: :roll:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:38 am

Yesterday's exercise was a morning walk raking leaves chasing chickens doing yard work raking leaves in the neighbors yard and moving compost off two flower beds. It was 57* in our area great for being out side!

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:48 pm

The day of Thanksgiving I weighed 168.3 Lbs. But it went up over the holidays to 175 Lbs. about. Then, last Sunday, I was 172.2 Lbs. I'm trying The Mayo Clinic Diet. I'm keeping their diet journal, too. But something happened to me on Monday and Tuesday! I ate us out of house and home, practically! :oops: :shock: I ate ice cream with topping, cookies, and then Tuesday night, I ate about 4 or 5 doughnut holes. :? :roll:

On Wed. a.m. I weighed 176.3 Lbs. and I was mortified, but "who" can I blame, except myself? :!: :?: I came into the great room and told DH, "I'm nothing but a big fat ugly pig!" :( He said, "You're BEAUTIFUL! You're NOT ugly! Don't say THAT!" I answered with, "Well, it's how I "feel" this morning."

So I thought, right away, how this "self-talk" was VERY negative, I'd never say those words to another friend, so I decided to just start over! :D I worked a lot on writing yesterday, taking breaks, and then in the afternoon time, I set my timer for 45 min. and worked on my feet, doing laundry, housework and worked up a REAL GOOD sweat! :!: :) I got freshened up, ate healthy ALL day, had NO evening snack and I'm so happy this morning because I'm down to 173.1 Lbs. and I KNOW it's because I was "good", changed my self-talk, and moved, was active, and happier, too.

So, today I'm going to keep an eye on evil self-talk, banish it away to the hills, and be nice to myself and look at the last -20 to -30 Lbs. just as an adventure and a journey. 110 Lbs. are gone since 1992 and the last little bit might be hard going, but it'll come off.

I know this is a quite long post, but I have a question to ask. :?: With a large weight loss, such as mine, I notice crepe paper skin, some cellulite, dimples, and sags, and it's kind of funny (honestly!) It's like my body's morphed. But I'm not going to let it get me down because I have legs to walk, arms and hands to work, I had babies and was big when I was pregnant, so my body's served me well and I'm going to ACCEPT my body and love my body and that's that. I'm not going to put myself down anymore! I'm going to be good to myself and honor my body as God did because He created it. So I need to love myself and accept myself as I am. There, I just gave myself a good old-fashioned pep talk! :!: :)
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:06 pm

Yd. work raking leaves counts for today's exercise.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:08 pm

For those facing serious weight issues - I came across when following links elsewhere - "grey sheeters anonymous" ( google had a warning their site may be compromised so take care.) The little I read said they weigh all food, write down all food eaten on "grey sheets" and only eat 3 times a day. And insist members work with help. Other google links might get you an address or phone number for info if anyone is interested.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Healthy Habits”