Health and Fitness, May 2013

Share healthy living habits.
Ivy

Re: Health and Fitness, May 2013

Postby Ivy » Tue May 21, 2013 11:16 pm

Going to the doctor later this week. Keep getting a fever and think I've got a UTI. I just don't feel "right". I'll do light housework, but need to nap when needed. I'm glad I've got a specimen jar from my doctor's office on hand.

I did light housework and laundry for activity today.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu May 23, 2013 12:53 pm

I've been napping a lot this week don't seem to have my normal energy. Did get ex. done yesterday need to get on the ex. bike today still. It's cold outside here these days br-r!

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu May 23, 2013 8:09 pm

I have infections going on, moderate asthma, etc... I was told to rest, drink fluids, so rather than have my body go to "mush", I've decided to set the timer for 10 minutes at a time, to walk while I put out a hot spot, take something to the DW or to the utility room, or am getting my lunch ready. 10 minutes, at a stroll, shouldn't hurt me. Slow stroll. I'll begin tomorrow. Did walking in and out of 2 dr. offices today, to and from the car and strolled inside the pharmacy while waiting, too.

Also, my white blood cells were up, they're running a culture at the hospital lab, so I'm going to change my diet around somewhat and add more veggies and fruits, eat wiser, and try to get healthier again. :idea:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri May 24, 2013 8:51 am

Infections in relation to respiratory, Ivy? Or is the asthma separate. Did they go ahead and give you antibiotic.

Ivy, good job on 2 recent pounds down. Enjoyed thoughts in your Tues post.

Nancy, that's wise to pave the way to the doctor for the future. Temps returning to cold put me into a stall as far as activity.

I was down 1/2 pound yesterday morning. I've gotten so I take measurements anytime I'm down a bit no matter what day of the month it is, just to keep track. Strangely, my measurements were down by 1/4-inch at several torso spots. It doesn't seem like just 1/2-pound change would go along with that when I haven't been exercising as much as I want, but I double-checked and it was accurate. I wrote it down in my records.

Lows are getting slightly lower. It's the trend that counts.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri May 24, 2013 10:24 am

Neglected to mention that HRH had a scale reading that was just one pound over a new "decade" lower. He was wearing clothes but not shoes. I told him that would drive me crazy! I would be stripping down quick and proving to myself I was under the mark! :lol: But he says he already knows his clothes weigh more than a pound, so he's content not to see the number. Aaauugghh! I'd be nuts.

So in this new "decade", HRH will be seeing a middle number on the scale that he hasn't seen in many years - maybe since dd14 was a toddler. I know that he quickly gained 10 pounds after we married, which put him close to this range, but I don't know for sure when he gained another 5 or so to hit this range. He's got a book around here somewhere that he can check for records to find out. He's in no rush to look. :roll:

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri May 24, 2013 4:50 pm

Harriet, 1 antibiotic is for chronic blepharoconjunctivitis from the ophthalmologist. The other antibiotic hasn't been taken yet. It's here as a precaution, in case my "bug" turns into bronchitis over the holiday weekend.

I keep eating M & M's. :oops: I'm an emotional eater and this special a.m. / p.m. inhaler with the chamber, is unusual for me, but prevents asthma attacks. The other regular inhaler is being used more because light/occasional asthma's now moderate. I've been filling out CEO's lists from her site, for On My Mind, Weaknesses, To Do, etc.... It helps to be in control, even though I "feel" out of control physically. Stapled the sheets together for a pretty blue acrylic clipboard. Will keep on track using it.

It's hard to exercise when the dr. said to rest. :?: :roll: Thinking about doing stretching, light laundry, hot spots, etc.. in very slow planned out apart from each other, baby steps. :idea:

What's a decade weight loss? Does it mean HRH got down to a weight he had been at a decade or more ago? If so, that's great! :!: :D

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri May 24, 2013 6:40 pm

Ivy, I should have said losing to a new "middle digit" rather than "middle number". Losing until you pass an even zero weight and can say you're in the next lower 10 digits.

I'm having a good eating day today. I told myself if I stayed on plan, an ice cream scoop at supper.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat May 25, 2013 1:40 am

I'm doing terrible at staying out of the M & M's. I guess it's because I've been ill and am trying to get healthier. :idea: :?: :oops: Emotional eating. :idea:

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat May 25, 2013 1:16 pm

I realize I've been drinking less soda and eating in more so that is good.
Did my 10 mi. on the ex. bike got 60 mi. on it this week as we've had rains here this week.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon May 27, 2013 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat May 25, 2013 10:34 pm

I'm lactose intolerant except for cheddar cheese and yogurt. My M & M's are MILK chocolate M & M's, I got sick from snacking on them for a couple days, on and off, so got sick from them. :oops: I told DH that HE can have them now and I don't want cavities from sugar in candy. He has dentures. I firmly need to get back on track, so since noon, I've had no M & M's and I'm very glad that I finally knew when to tell myself, "NO MORE!" :!: :roll:

Another thing is that I've been slacking off on my walking. I'm supposed to be resting now, because of my asthma, how I've been light-headed lately, so right now I'm using light puttering around for about 10 - 15 min. as my exercise. If I'm feeling better on Memorial Day or the day right after, I'd love to resume walking, but only in baby steps.

Some of my jeans have gotten tighter. :( I've saved things, which are comfortable. This summer, our grandsons come 2-at-a-time for a week, twice, giving 4 grandsons a turn, then we'll get a week off, then do it again. I was thinking how when the grandsons come, have desserts with Gpa. If I curtail my eating to ONLY healthy eating, I may be able to get off my plateau and lose while they're here. Our foods we pick are healthy, when they come, but they get desserts. I'd like to be proactive during their stays, with my eating, rather than cave in a partake in their desserts, too. :idea:

Return to “Healthy Habits”