Health and Fitness, May 2013

Share healthy living habits.
Ivy

Re: Health and Fitness, May 2013

Postby Ivy » Wed May 29, 2013 6:43 pm

My peak flow meter is very low in the morning, but with fluids and rest, I feel better and the afternoon reading is higher. Won't be walking, timed-wise today. Am doing 2 loads of laundry for my activity today. Dr. said rest, so if my readings are higher after resting, walking 30-minutes isn't going to help me. I went 5 minutes yesterday, was drained, then went 15 minutes, but today I'm exhausted. I'll resume timed walking tomorrow if I'm up to it. Dr. said rest.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 29, 2013 9:46 pm

((Ivy)) Hopefully rest will be the ticket.

Harmony, you probably know my first thought when I read about your back. Begins with a T. Shhh... I'll sound like a broken record... Am I crazy or did you have an inversion table for hanging upside down? Maybe it was someone else, but I was thinking you. It seems to me it would be great for your back.

Nancy, sorry, I know nothing about spin classes.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu May 30, 2013 11:30 am

Spin classes only burn 750 cal. so that alone will not cause one to loos wt. if done only 3 x a week other ex. etc. is needed as well. Sigh so much for that. Because a person eats more than the 750 even in a day done daily that would not be enough. But I am getting more toned in the legs so that is an excellent benefit. I'll need to be adding other exercise as well not sure what yet. Mowing for this week and in the summer that works. I walked last night after dinner half mi. and enjoyed the sun set. So that was great for stress relief.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu May 30, 2013 1:32 pm

I saw a woman in her 60's, in GREAT SHAPE, on TV! :!: They were making fun of her as the new YouTube sensation because she invented an exercise called, "PRANCERCIZE". It's based on horses. She wore ankle weights, but I don't have any. She did a horse walk, a horse trot, and horse gallop. Then she put her ankle weights in her wrists and did some horse shadow-boxing.

I "Prancercized" to 1970's music in a low horse walk and horse trot and I did it 30 minutes, got a great workout, and feel great!

I used to prance like a horse on the playground in grade school with other girls, later I owned a mare and colt, and horses are cool! :P And so is Prancercize! I loved trotting all around the house, with our long wide halls! I think this is fun and to be taken serious. Others are making fun of her, but I betcha her numbers, cholesterol, blood sugar, etc.. are in normal ranges. I had fun! :D
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu May 30, 2013 2:02 pm

8 mi. on ex. bike today done so far missed getting it all done yesterday so I'm a bit short on my mi. today so will try to get the other two later on today it's not quite as busy here today.
Clouds are rolling in so I may not get in the walk I had hoped to do.

What I learned in my research yesterday 750 cal. burn spin class compared to 500 cal. burn from Zumba Class.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri May 31, 2013 9:48 pm

I did some walking, but ate a muffin and cinnamon roll. :shock: :oops: :roll: I've been eating very healthy ever since though. :)

Return to “Healthy Habits”