Health and Fitness, May 2013

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness, May 2013

Postby Nancy » Sun May 19, 2013 2:27 pm

I've done my exercise out in the garden pulling weeds today.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun May 19, 2013 2:27 pm

I've done my exercise out in the garden pulling weeds today.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon May 20, 2013 12:34 pm

I did heavy cleaning for exercise on Sunday and today's scales said I lost 2 Lbs. I'm thinking about going on (this is funny!) :lol: "The Crochet Diet"! :idea: It's where you crochet when you're thinking about snacking too much!

An old friend of mine started college, she walked clear across campus, she put herself on the crochet diet, and she lost 60 Lbs. in her first year at college! She said she crocheted whenever she was tempted to eat the wrong foods! This way, I'll lose weight and get a LOT of crochet done, too! :D
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon May 20, 2013 6:49 pm

Creativity is a great antidote for snacking. I used to forget to eat lunch when I was deep into patchworking.

I'm taking a break in the middle of the 55-min total workout. I'll post later how much I was able to get done. Interruptions are just constant today.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon May 20, 2013 8:16 pm

Being focused in on almost anything is a good antidote to snacking for me - as long as I was working on something productive during tax season I was good - I got into trouble when I was bored or stuck.

Today is the first day back with the Fitbit. I'm only a little more than half way to 10,000 steps.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon May 20, 2013 8:42 pm

I walked 90 min. today. I had 2 business calls from the same person, which took a lot of time, and after talking with him, I decided to shoot for 90 min., since I was almost there. :)
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue May 21, 2013 12:58 am

I checked my weight-loss record, I lost 2 Lbs. between yesterday and this a.m.'s readings. I worked like a dog yesterday, then didn't snack a lot. Today, I walked a lot, worked a lot, and haven't been snacking at all. I'm hoping this is a good sign, :idea: that I'm finally putting to rest the nighttime snacking! :D The weight loss feels good. I'd almost give anything to weigh 165 Lbs., I'm about 177 Lbs. now and used to be 280 Lbs. back in 1990. It's a long slow struggle, but it does come off, if you slowly keep at it. It doesn't need to get off overnight, or it'll come back overnight and then some. Baby steps is the best way and "distraction" in the evenings is what helps me. It can be crochet, journaling, reading, writing stories or writing to friends or just watching TV with DH. I used to give up on myself and yo-yo up again. :roll: In 2010, I was about 215 Lbs. and I was bound and determined to get under 200 by the time of my rotator cuff surgery. On the day OF surgery, I was in hospital slipper socks, undies, and a gown. I saw the scales say, "192.6 Lbs." and wasn't embarrassed when I told the lead nurse in the waiting surgery-group of patients. Maybe that number would be embarrassing to someone else, but I felt so PROUD I'd finally made it under 200! ONEDERLAND! Now I'm about 177 Lbs. and I think, 'wow! I'm almost in the 160's!' I'm blown away. Yes, I have the cellulite, crepe paper-like skin, sags, soft skin, and bulges, too, but I'm happy to know that I earned them. There are much worst things in life than what your skin looks like or jiggles like when you laugh or run after a grandchild trying to outsmart you. :lol: It's what's inside the soul and the heart, which makes the man or woman. It's not the number on the scales or the size of the tight jeans either. Which reminds me: Once a doctor told me that she heard, from a speaker, if you don't use the scales it's better, but to use a tighter size of jeans as your gauge. She said you can't zip up jeans, which are too tight for you, which means the zipper causes "THE "V" SIGN. :idea: She said she now goes by the "V" sign and when she zips those, she buys a smaller pair of jeans to do the "V" sign thing again. I thought it was cute. I have several "V" sign pants. :oops: :lol: :roll: But I've given away a lot of them that were too large, too, though. ;)

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue May 21, 2013 11:49 am

Yesterday I mowed after dinner for my ex. I did not ride the ex. bike.
Needed a break from the wall to wall coverage of the twister in Ok. so that fit the bill.

Today I got on the ex. bike this morning already so I can get on with my day.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue May 21, 2013 1:21 pm

One of my doctors told me if I walk a LOT one day, to not do as much the next day, to take it easier, but still do a bit of exercise. I walked 90 minutes yesterday. :idea: I'll use light housework and laundry for my exercise today and badly needed back stretches and exercises, too.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue May 21, 2013 4:38 pm

I was sore today and stiff after mowing or baby lifting not sure which but I did some stretching as well today.

Got in touch with the doc's office to get on the list of the other guy in the same office hoping for a smooth transition this way.

Return to “Healthy Habits”