Health and Fitness, May 2013

Share healthy living habits.
Ivy

Re: Health and Fitness, May 2013

Postby Ivy » Wed May 15, 2013 7:28 pm

I walked 30 minutes. I've eaten healthy, so far, today at 4:26 p.m. our time.

DH bought me size 16 Liz Claiborne stretch jeans at Costco, which I can zip up, but wouldn't be able to sit comfortably, so :idea: I need to lose about 10 Lbs. is my guess. :?:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu May 16, 2013 1:12 pm

H. started drinking joint juice this week if any thing he is worse so that is not helping could be the weather.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri May 17, 2013 1:03 am

Nancy, That's too bad about the joint juice. I use Mega Red Joint Care and have noticed a remarkable difference in having less pain in my osteoarthritic hips. I still get lumbar and sacrum pain, but that's probably from my scoliosis, too.

Also, changes in weather aggravate my pain, too. :idea: :(

I walked 50 min. today, did 3 loads of laundry, but I ate a Hershey's candy bar, which didn't agree with me. :oops: :roll: I think, next time, I'll just have 1 - 2 little squares of the chocolate, once a day, as a treat and not the entire bar. :idea:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri May 17, 2013 10:36 am

I slept well last night had a nice walk after dinner that helped!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri May 17, 2013 8:05 pm

I've been doing a lot of outdoor activity and have accomplished the 20-minute Basic workout twice this week. So obviously I'd like to get these plants growing to the point I can forget them, have the other projects finished, and get back to normal.

Nancy, I think fish oil helps my joints.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri May 17, 2013 10:36 pm

Fish Oil is recommended to me by one doctor for joint health and mood.

I walked 1/2 hour.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri May 17, 2013 11:09 pm

I needed about a gallon of fish oil for my mood on Thurs.! LOL!!!

I did 10 mi. on the ex. bike walked 1/2 mi. and mowed the front yd. for my exercise today.

OKay

Postby OKay » Sat May 18, 2013 9:50 am

I did it.

I reached the point that I am ready to do what the doctor recommends to maintain a healthy weight. Doc says DH and myself are in excellent healthy, EXCEPT we both are over weight. Doc recommended Weight Watchers for both of us. I was very reluctant and kept trying various methods on my own. Everything I tried on my own works for a little while, but then I get distracted and stop.

Sooooo....I committed to Weight Watchers. I joined on Thursday and attended my first meeting on Friday. I thought about joining WW online, but decided to fully commit. Weekly meetings. The whole program. I'm all in.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat May 18, 2013 11:02 am

Best wishes OKay. Also helia goes to meetings still, I think. Kathryn and others know a lot about it. I have never experienced group accountability except online, which has helped me quite a bit. I hope you encounter friendly people.

My way of eating is keeping me within my range, with the expected bounces of course. (You bounce up with more calories, down with less the next day.) A few good rotations of low- high- days give you a sort of "run at it", lol, with a chance for loss. I always think maybe over the next few rotations I'll move lower in my range. Dd33's family can't come home this weekend, but maybe next. So on the horizon, I know there will be a flurry of activity and company meals/restaurants plus one mini-bday party. I will have several rotations to work with until then, and could scoot down a bit. I would like to settle lower in my range as I prepare for the grandboys to spike it up! Of course, lots of potential surprise stress still lies in wait until then. :shock: :lol:

OKay

Postby OKay » Sun May 19, 2013 9:13 am

Helia continual success had a big impact on my decision to commit to WW weekly meetings.

As with starting any new program, I am struggling to learn it. I know it will become familiar after I learn it, but for now everything is unknown and has to be researched/analyzed. This morning I baked our typical Sunday morning blueberry muffins, but I need to input the recipe ingredients before I know how many points to count for each muffin. I use this muffin recipe almost every week, so after i input the recipe, it will be quick/simple for future use.

I have an ABUNDANCE of points available. I have 26 daily points..... plus I still have all of the 49 weekly points available....plus I have 11 activity points banked. It is a relief to know that I can make a really BAD blunder and still stay on program. :) The amount of food I'm to eat surprises me. Because I'm a big vegetable/fruit eater this way of eating is perfect for me. When i was doing Low Carb, most of the vegetable/fruits were limited and/or forbidden. The last 2 evenings, I have found myself having to eat extra to use up my minimum daily points. Last night I had 2/3 of a frozen pizza to use all of the minimum points for the day. I was stuffed. I'm sure I will run into struggles, but so far it has been simple.....except for the learning curve.

Return to “Healthy Habits”