Health and Fitness, June 2013

Share healthy living habits.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Health and Fitness, June 2013

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:09 am

On the treadmill on my treadmill computer. The last time I was on here was April. I have to walk holding onto the rails and I'm walking at 2.5 mph instead of my usual 3.2.

The computer is too out of date to use at this point. I've had it on for 30 minutes and I finally got to the point where a browser would open. The computer needs to do updates to Windows and to Avast and the two are in conflict with each other so I can't get either program to do an update. So I've spent 30 minutes and my computer is still not usable. Avast is the problem (it is stuck in initialization mode) but, being an anti-virus program, I can't turn it off.

I'm on the treadmill because I'm just not moving enough around the house. In Kingston, I was doing 9500+ per day because I had to walk for everything. Yesterday, despite two stores and walking around the property, I didn't make it to even 3500 steps (I think - this computer is too slow to bring up the fitbit software to tell me.)

When we were away, ds wrote and asked if the treadmill had a bad rattle. It didn't (back in May, the last time it was used by dh) so we couldn't offer any guidance. Today when I used it, it was fine for the first 10 minutes and then the rattle started. Turns out the tread band has slipped to the side and just needed to be centred, something I can do by walking funny on it (my normal gait is off centre so pushes the band to the side very slowly and I'm guessing ds has inherited my gait.)

I'm done walking since I'm tired. Did 1.4 miles over 34 minutes.

Return to “Healthy Habits”