Health and Fitness, June 2013

Share healthy living habits.
Ivy

Re: Health and Fitness, June 2013

Postby Ivy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:40 pm

I stuck to healthy food ALL DAY LONG! :D I only need 1 snack to take with my antibiotic before bed. It'll either be a Nutrigrain bar, a few Wheat Thins or small bowl of cereal. :idea: Then I can celebrate I made it all day eating healthy! :!: It's a struggle sometimes!
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:47 am

Did 10 mi. on the ex. bike before dinner, walked a mile after dinner.For my ex. yesterday. I did good with my food yesterday then after dinner had a low ~sigh~ bs was up this morning. :roll:

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:43 pm

Stretching before and after walking 20 minutes today. It's all I can muster for now because FM is acting up. :roll:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:11 am

Did my ex. bike miles yesterday.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:42 pm

I waked 20 minutes today.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:17 am

DD called again, so I walked-talked again, so in total I walked about 50 minutes. I know it wasn't a full hour, but being as I've been keeping 20 min. walking in as a goal, because I'm supposed to rest, I thought 50 min. was nice. I'm feeling better since seeing the doctor on May 31 because of rest. I've been pacing myself out and have been using puttering around the house, dishes and laundry as activity, too. So the house is being kept up, while I rest and get stronger, too. :D

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:02 pm

I'm doing yard stuff today counting that as my exercise.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:49 pm

I'm supposed to be resting under doctor's orders, so today I used stripping the dining room table, washing it, drying it, washing and air drying the place mats, as my movement and activity. I get up every once in awhile and "roam" to other rooms to do light things, too.

I've eaten very healthy today. This past week I had a gain, but I'm "inching" down. I need to put healthy choices on DH's grocery list for his trip into town tomorrow and also, for another list for Costco day on Friday. :idea: I'm sick of muffins and angel food cake. I'm lactose intolerant, so can't and shouldn't have ice cream, but CAN eat cheddar cheese and Greek yogurt. DH boiled up eggs so I can slice them over dark leafy salads. I need dark leafy things because of my eye health as recommended by studies and my ophthalmologist.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:53 am

Yesterday mowing was my exercise.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:31 pm

Over the past two days I've done an hour of workouts between T-Tapp and Zumba.

I may not be able to get back to workouts until after the weekend.

I bought a new-to-me product (at the regular grocery store) called Justin's hazelnut-chocolate spread, which is an all-natural competitor to Nutella. They explain on the jar that you can't expect it to taste as sweet as competitors, but that it's actually good for you. Dd14 says Nutella is talked about as a favorite food quite a bit at her school. But the ingredients really sound like candy, if you think about it. Anyway, I used about a tablespoon to a tablespoon and a half of the Justins's on a banana sandwich on a whole-wheat-potato roll and found it to be a pretty healthy breakfast that was delicious.

Return to “Healthy Habits”