Health and Fitness July 2013

Share healthy living habits.
Twins' Mom

Re: Health and Fitness July 2013

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:04 am

Kathryn, you're an inspiration. If you can, I should!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:05 pm

Yes K in C you've been through a lot this spring.

10 mi. on ex. bike done.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:12 pm

I only did stretches, decluttering, and puttering around with lifting and hauling for exercise today.

My eating is on track, too. Evenings are the "challenge". :(
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:44 am

I dragged myself out of bed before 7. My morning routine is wake up when dh turns on the radio, doze intermittently, wake up when I can open my eyes without them hurting, read my smart phone and play a game, rush to the bathroom (if I get up without lying there until the urge comes, my BM will come randomly through the day, this way I get it out of the way first thing, then make bed and either exercise or go downstairs (still not s2s) and have my tea.

The issue is when I can open my eyes without hurting since it is not related to the time I went to bed. So Monday night, in bed by 11, out of bed at 9:30. Last night, in bed at 11:15 and out of bed at 6:50.

I remembered a watch this time to made sure I was out for over 10 minutes (the physio requirement.) Had to lengthen my ride to opposite outskirt of the village (we live on one edge, the other edge is about 1.5 miles away.)

Now I'm on the treadmill. The bike ride really gets my heart going since it is almost like a (short) spinning class. So my heart rate is in high intensity for my whole time on the treadmill. That makes this part of my exercise more efficient even though it is a shorter time than my usual routine (usually I'm on for 40 minutes but for now I'm limited to 20.)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:00 pm

I did get a short walk in took some papers I found that went for the camper we sold to the neighbors that bought it.

They are sweeping the streets in our area and it's very busy so I did an abbreviated walk. Will finish up with some time on the ex. bike, and some walking while I shop I think if I can get out. Might have to wait if the road walk is blocking access usually they do not close all the access roads at the same time.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:59 am

It is raining this morning so no bike ride. I am on the treadmill, though. Had to drag myself onto it but I did it.

Return to “Healthy Habits”