Health and Fitness July 2013

Share healthy living habits.
Ivy

Re: Health and Fitness July 2013

Postby Ivy » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:03 am

Yoga & stretching for 10-12 minutes.
20 minute walking.
Kept with healthy eating throughout the day/night, no sweets, except tea bread, which was cranberry-nut bread, after lunch.
Weight's slowly coming back down, clothes are fitting a bit better, and I plan on "being good" until the week of Thanksgiving. Then plan on maintaining until Jan. 2, 2014, will decide then if I need to lose more or gain back some, depending on how I "look" and feel health-wise. :idea:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:59 am

Harriet
from pathology report dated may 2012
suggested optimal treatment targets are // "normal boundaries" // my reading
LDL < 2.0 mmol/L ..........................// ( 0.0 - 4.0)........... // 2.7
HDL > 1.0 mmol/L ........................ // ( 1.1 - 1.9) ........... // 2.4 H
Triglycerides < 1.5 mmol/L ............. // ( 0.6 - 2.0) ........... // 0.8
Cholesterol .................................. // (3.9 - 5.5) .......... // 5.5
Chol/HDL Ratio ........................... // ( 0 - 4.5) ............. // 2.3

Maybe that helps.

I started looking at better foods for me, and alternate protein sources from towards the end of 2008, and my mid 2009 results were similar to above.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:19 pm

Exercise is done I did 2-3 mi. this morning to finish up what I did not do yesterday plus my 10 mi. for today on the ex. bike.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:42 pm

Did yoga and stretching this a.m. Am very stiff and sore. Why, I don't know. :?: I've only been doing laundry, hot spots, etc. with the 2 grsons here. They must give gma exercise. :idea: Will try to walk later. :idea:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:20 pm

I walked two times yesterday and did the ex. bike today shopping is my only exercise.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:39 pm

Only light housework and laundry were my exercise today, with running after a 4-year-old grandson. :lol:

My allergies are giving me FITS! :!: :roll:

My shoulders are KILLING me! :roll: :shock: I guess it's time to bring out my shoulder PT exercise sheets from 2010. I'm sure it's shoulder impingement syndrome again, only on the right side this time. I need the right side because I'm right-handed, I write for income, I use the mouse, etc.... Time to get proactive here. Don't want the dr., PT AGAIN, after having it 11 MONTHS in 2010, don't want x-rays, mri, go to the surgeon or have surgery again. I need to solve this problem myself, so I'll ice, do PT exercises, gentle stretching, the pendulum, when needed, to get me by. My physical's in Sept., so if it's still bothering me, I'll mention it then. I've been there, done that, don't wanna go there again. :(

I MUST get back with my walking program, not just stretching, but stretching AND walking! I'm gaining weight, I feel flabby, I have a week of no grandsons here, they come again the 20th-27th, so I'll try to keep on track better this next visit and this week, while we're kid-less. :idea:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:08 pm

I shopped in the morning and did 10 mi. on the ex. bike then walked in the p.m. yesterday.

Today walked some this morning at the berry patch along the pond.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:11 am

I'm back walking dog with a little more speed. I had stiff calf muscles a couple of days after a down hill wander.
Day 2 of better pace. Day 5 of walking.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:03 pm

WTG, Lunlee. :D

I had a weight gain, am up to 181.4 Lbs. :roll: I walked this a.m., will try moving more today, am timing myself at the computer so I don't get lost on the internet and sit too long. :idea:

Plan to do an on-and-off again house blessing today, too. :)

Stretched and walked 15 min., but leg muscle's giving me fits, from FM. Even with pre-stretching. :?: But will try to walk again later. Again. :idea:

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:39 pm

:D I spent 1 HOUR and 10 MINUTES, listening to Flylady's Weekly Home Blessing Podcast and was on my feet all that time cleaning, Go me! :lol:

I did do housework she wasn't talking about doing, but since we put freshly cleaned sheets on the bed yesterday, I didn't need to do that part. But I scrubbed 3 toilets, did the Swiffer sweeper, swept with a broom, etc... I'm really beat, kept drinking my water, which was a good idea because I'm sweating! :!: This is the first time in my LIFE I've figured out what a podcast was and that I could do it on my laptop! :oops: I must have been hiding under a rock outdoors. :?: I feel energized so this with 15 min. of walking this a.m. with stretching prior to and after walking has made me active this a.m. I don't need to worry about toilets, dumping trash, etc..

Anyway, I know I'm talking about housework, but it's healthy for me to move and get the job done. I got exercise, it'll help me get more fit and it helps not only my physical health, but my mental (endorphins!) health as well by giving me a good feeling about myself.

Have a GR8 Monday, Everybody! :D

Return to “Healthy Habits”