Health and Fitness July 2013

Share healthy living habits.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Health and Fitness July 2013

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:59 am

Welcome!

In this thread we chat about keeping ourselves strong and capable as we pursue our calling as homemakers. Our family members may need to lean on us, and we may need to lean on them. Proactive medical answers, sensible consumption of healthy food and water, getting enough rest, and getting enough activity, too - these are all part of our plans! Helping each member of our households work in all their healthy habits is priceless!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Health and Fitness July 2013

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:11 am

I'll start us off this month because Harriet was up too late last night so is sleeping in (I hope) this morning.

Back on the treadmill. I spent hours yesterday on this computer and now it only takes 5 minutes to come back to life from sleeping and give me a browser. Yesterday it took 30 so it was worth the time.

Yesterday I managed 8400 steps so that's better. Obviously, I need to treadmill to keep my numbers up. Tomorrow and Wednesday will be low step days because we are traveling with my senior friend who is in a wheel chair so we'll probably take taxis between the train station and hotel and hotel and ball diamond even though those are only about a third of a mile walks.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:09 am

I'm wearing Fitbit again today and planning to make a habit of it. Walked Macs/Moe one lap then took Moe out for a walk on his own. I've done 3,700 steps and 5 stairs this morning. I think that dh and I are starting WW on Sunday, meanwhile I am going to eat healthy today.

I have the appt today as the sleep apnea follow up so we'll see where that goes.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:41 pm

I've done my 10 on the ex. bike today for exercise.

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:20 pm

Good news...I slept through the night with out using my meds... bad news..woke up with an iffy headache. Good news...I stayed on my eating plan...bad new...I didn't exercise. Good news...I cleaned myself up, put on a cute sun dress and looked pretty going to W mart with Sweetie. Better news...a cute w mart worker tried to flirt with me until he noticed Sweetie standing hidden in the aisle. Best news...Sweetie noticed and teased me about it proclaiming that he, Sweetie is a lucky man :D
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:24 pm

This is some of my exercise today putting old sod out in the trash plus I did 10 mi. on the ex. bike. :idea: In this triple digit heat it's the way to go!
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:05 pm

Enjoyed Cowinkie's fortunately-unfortunately story, which got better as it went along.

Last evening, 30 minute workout, very tough.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:18 pm

I'm doing housework for activity today. Will try to walk daily while the grandsons are here July 4 - 14. :D DH has started a walking program, too, which blows me away! But happily! :D
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:55 pm

I was able to get in a little walking today. Yeah! I'll try to walk tomorrow after our 4th of July company goes home, too. If not, I'll just start over on the 5th. :idea:
My eating has been on track today, which is surprising to me. :o I've just not been hungry for treats or craving then either, which is a good thing. Our grandson turned 13 today, so tomorrow we'll eat birthday cake. I'll have that as my treat for the holiday. :idea:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:22 pm

30 minute workout today.

I'm sure it's partly these tough workouts that are making me eat more. Trying to moderate.

Back to more protein a la Cruise, I fall into the same old trap of not enough fiber. That takes planning, if fruits are not on the program. May have to drop it and make another run at it later.

Also needed a nap today after returning recent sleepover friend. But that is social tiredness. DD14 has friends who want sleepovers and then we must reciprocate here, or at least feel we should. With my ddad's confusion, that becomes problematic and makes me fret. I end up on the road a lot for transportation, trying to look socially acceptable, meeting new people, lol. And also end up trying to offer foods that will be accepted :roll: ("Oh, THAT macaroni and cheese. I should have told you I only eat Velveeta.")

Return to “Healthy Habits”