Health and Fitness July 2013

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness July 2013

Postby Nancy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:55 am

Yesterday did my long walk on the way back h. had forgotten his water for that trip so when he went by on my walk asked me to bring him some. I did that he was working up the street.

Vits. are helping with the cracks in my fingers I've even stopped drinking as much water to test and see if the cracks get worse again yea for finding what helps! Must have been a vit. C or some other vit. missing. Finally some help had to stop for a while and then re-start them to get results. :idea: While looking for foods idea that have zinc in them last night saw peanuts and chocolate so got out the Peanut M & M's for that!
Also crab so that's on the menu dd & fam. will be back from crabbing hoping they have some to share for crab Louie! mm good! Also in honor of the new baby royal for a theme dinner if you are in to that sort of thing.

102* for a forecast hi. again today I'd love to send some of this heat to Boston. Need to get out before it's too hot. Ex. still to do.

Today's exercise included 20 min. of mowing front yd. here and next door. Plus going up and down stairs for sewing & laundry need to consider ex. bike for the rest of it.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:41 pm

I did stretches and walked 30 minutes.

I'm doing laundry and housework, too, for extra activity.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:15 am

Back from my walk on the hill and 1/2 mi. extra so my heart got pumping.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:25 am

I could, barely, touch my toes yesterday so that's 3 days to get 4" extra stretch in my legs.

In a few more days I'll be doing straight leg bends at the waist to pick things off the floor. I'm glad I get this additional perk while waiting for my knees to get stronger, otherwise it is hard to stick with the physio for 30+ minutes a day with my knees actually getting worse at first before getting better after 4+ weeks.

I biked on Friday but aside from that, I didn't do anything exercise wise Friday or
Saturday. Today I biked and am doing 20 minutes on the treadmill before s2s and then a part icing/stretching. Last night I couldn't walk without pain so I need to get moving with lots of physio in order to get over this.

Weight is up but that is to be expected (water retention to repair muscles that haven't been used for 2 months.)

I didn't measure so I won't know when I start to lose inches but normally that comes after a month.

From after surgery and then second illness my tummy is now back to roughly where it was before I got sick.

Still get ripping and pressure pains in abdomen at random but doc says that will go on for at least another 6 weeks and not to worry about them or push myself less.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:37 pm

I did stretches and yoga moves this a.m. due to stiffness, pain, and a change in weather making "things"act up. :roll: I did housework and laundry for activity. I'm running a fever now, so will drink fluids, rest this evening. Will play it by ear tomorrow, as to what I'll do for exercise, depending on if I've still got the fever or not. If I do, I'll just walk in 10 min. increments on and off throughout the day, will rest and drink fluids. :idea:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:37 am

The 99.2* fever stuck around for a few hours, I don't know why. :?: All I did for it was rest and drink plenty of fluids. I'm fine now, except for being tired, so I'm off to floss and head to bed.

Happy Monday tomorrow! :D

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:27 am

Ivy feel better soon.

I did get ten mi. done on the ex. bike last evening while watching Doc. martin a rerun but I'd missed 30 min. of that 45 min. show and it tied it together for me.

H. got the pills yesterday he needed but for got to get vits. for over 50 so will be getting those later on. I've noticed the gummy vits I'm taking are missing some important things like B complex vits. but my hands are not cracked yea!

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:41 pm

Nancy, It was only a short-lived fever. :D But thanks!

I walked 6 ten-minute walks today to total 1 hour.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:34 am

I walked a total of 90 minutes today. :D

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:48 am

Back on treadmill after skipping yesterday. But, because of grocery shopping at 4 stores, I managed 6800 steps yesterday. No wonder my knees were so sore last night. And I was so tired, I skipped the 30 minutes of icing/physio before bed. Will do that this morning after I finish s2s.

The biking went better this morning. It was still hard but easier than it has been. If the weather holds (it could turn stormy), dh and I will bike to the store for the mail later today, so I'll get 2x the biking in today.

Return to “Healthy Habits”