Health and Fitness, August 2013

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Health and Fitness, August 2013

Postby Harriet » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:32 am

Welcome! Please come in and chat with us here about gaining and maintaining good health, strength and stamina. First, because we are worth it! And also because it prepares us every day to meet the challenges of our wonderful calling, homemaking.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness, August 2013

Postby Nancy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:14 pm

I did my miles on the ex. bike today yea for that!

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:45 pm

I strolled the hall a couple of times at the eye clinic, then strolled on the phone with a business call, and later strolled 20 min. on the cell with DD.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:15 am

Yesterday's post (I posted in July by accident)

It is raining this morning so no bike ride. I am on the treadmill, though. Had to drag myself onto it but I did it.

Today's post:

Not raining so did the bike and am now on treadmill. Knees are improving (or at least not getting worse despite more movement on my part.)

I'm getting closer to 7K steps per day so that's progress. I'm doing icing and at least some physio each day (days I don't exercise enough I do a full physio routine.)

Haven't weighed myself. Am eating too much though so am staying away from the scales. Need to move the jelly beans to the safe.

I switched to green tea in the morning and decaf English Breakfast if I want something after dinner. That seems to be helping with the energy level through the day. I'm not getting a lot done each day but I am getting a bit more done. And every little bit counts.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:18 am

Raining here today & packing to get ready for an outing so will be getting plenty of ex. doing that.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:05 pm

I'm on a med increase temporary for 1 month, which can cause weight gain, bloating, withholding of fluids. :roll: But I'm aiming to increase fluids, eat more fruits and veggies, to exercise, eat healthy, and if I gain- I gain, it's not the end of the world, and like I said before- it's just temporary. :D

I am having a battle of the bras. My rotator cuff surgery was 11-9-10. I have been shopping around for comfy bras ever since. I guess I'll continue to do as I am. I wear no bra, if nobody's coming to visit, if I'm staying at home all day. However, if grandsons are here, I wear a bra, just switch them from day to day. Athletic bras help a lot, I want shoulder comfort and not pain from straps, so I guess I'll continue to play "musical bras". :lol:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:12 pm

I'm using heavy housework as my activity today. I ached to the point of a couple of short naps. Tomorrow, the house will be clean from today and I'll take it easier, but will try to get in a walk. :idea:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:16 am

I did ten min on a ex. step type machine and 20 min. on ex. bike here at the ex. room yesterday. we are on the 3rd floor so I take them as often as I can.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:27 am

I lost 3.3 Lbs. :!: I'm so happy! :D I also woke up without pain, which is unusual, but with weight loss, pain lessens for those with osteoarthritis and Fibromyalgia. I've been more active, getting ready for the grsons coming, which has been very good for me. :D

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:56 pm

I did leg/calf stretches, walked 20 minutes, and did leg/calf stretches.

Return to “Healthy Habits”