Health and Fitness, August 2013

Share healthy living habits.
Ivy

Re: Health and Fitness, August 2013

Postby Ivy » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:27 pm

I did my stretching exercises this morning because of "Arthur Ritis" hitting me today. :roll: Then, I did calf/leg stretches, 20 minutes of walking, no matter how painful it was, to "wake up" and get the old hips greased, oiled, so they could move better.

I lost 3 Lbs. on my 1st day of Weight Watchers, but know it'll even out and sometimes there is a bigger loss at the beginning, then it slows down.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:14 pm

Sunny, thanks for telling us about the lingonberries. To reach an IKEA would be a day-trip for me. If I ever do have occasion to go there I'll look for those jams! Good job on extra walking with your dh.

I had to push myself to be sure I exercised this evening, because I was feeling mentally tired and socially spent. But I got it done. At this point I'm doing one third of the Total workout daily, so having some variety. When school starts and my schedule becomes set, I hope to change to more, every other day. Then when I'm ready I'll go back to harder workouts.

Lynlee, the "runner's stretch" I do with this workout would really benefit from yoga blocks, too, and some do use them for it. I usually try to go without, but in a pinch have found that another pair of rubber soled workout shoes set on either side will work. Of course, I'm not holding a pose very long like you would be, but changing more rapidly.

I'm not satisfied with consistent veggies/fruits or water yet. Working back up it, though. I finished up the last of the veggie tray from the party today. Finished the last of the fruit tray yesterday.

Hope you feel better, Ivy. That's nice to have a good first weigh-in when you start a plan.

Nancy, do you get into mosquitoes on evening walks, or have you been spared? Glad to read elsewhere that your sting is better.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:47 am

Not to much prob. with bugs on the evening walks / actives around here it's dry and away from water so that helps. My sting was bother some & itchy and swollen before bed last night I put bag balm on it and it's great today yea! Took a stroll last night we have to do it earlier now.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:32 pm

Did stretches, yoga moves, and walked 30 minutes.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:14 am

i got to the pool for 40 min or so on friday. I think things a little better.
walked 3 k both days. - yesterday and today.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:44 pm

Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:36 pm

That's really interesting, Cowinkie. Yes, proud of you for getting all the help you can for that :) you would do well to never have that happen to you again!

Lynlee, I mentioned to you in PWYC that this sounds good - I couldn't remember which forum you had posted it in!

Tomorrow starts the first day of the rest of my year, with the switch back to the different daily routine of the school year. When school ended last year I was so ready for the end of the dragging mornings and rush, rush, rush, plus the deadline to be at the school in the pick-up line every day. I was convinced I needed a more relaxed schedule, and how funny that now I am convinced I need the structure back again.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:18 pm

Well, I've been staying away from this thread except to read a bit now and then. I just couldn't add any more sad thoughts in, and had (have) no energy to change anything. So...thinking I'm hopefully getting back on track means I now have to make a plan.

I got out all the charts, books, information, pamphlets. I had a good part of the dining room table covered! And I have a plan, a bunch of cards, and a hope.

I'm not up to exercising yet, so I'll be starting out slow.

Cowinkie, thanks for sharing all that. I'm still not convinced I don't have sleep issues. I do sleep up on a wedge pillow. Sunny, what does that berry taste like?

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:21 pm

I did calf/leg stretches before and after walking 20 minutes. I did the cleaning out of a junk drawer and adding order to two top office built-in shelves for activity, too. When I was done, I was all sweaty.

I read in a book that the secret to getting into shape and losing weight is SWEAT! :idea: If I'm doing housework and am sweating, isn't that considered a workout, too? :?: In my book, any activity as long as we're moving is good. :P

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:04 am

Harmony - your's might be related to arithmear / hear beat concerns too.

Just did full set of physio exercises for shoulder. Saw orthopedic doc this morning. MRI is next before he knows what is what. Inference is - shoulders weren't working before hand. So we will see.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Healthy Habits”