Health and Fitness, October 2013

Share healthy living habits.
Ivy

Re: Health and Fitness, October 2013

Postby Ivy » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:11 pm

[color=#004000]I was up to 186.9 Lbs. this a.m. :o :oops: Wasn't feeling well yesterday, napped a lot, and wonder how do people lose weight while they're ill, if they're eating and resting? :?: :?: :?: I've always had that problem, while ill. Gaining from resting. :( :roll: :oops: I can't do cartwheels or marathons! :? [/color]
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:16 pm

Yesterdays activities included shopping a bit of walking and trips up and down the stairs moving t.v.'s

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:38 pm

Today I did calf-stretches and walked 25 minutes. :P

I learned one of my medications cause water retention, weight gain, and you need to eat a low-sodium diet. :o I best be upping my fruits and vegetables again and exercise, too. :idea: I don't want to gain anymore weight. :x :oops:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:43 am

Harriet! YOU are responsible for my NOT snacking all night long tonight! When you told me how you moved the time up for a p.m. snack/med, I realized a few weeks ago, how my long-term antibiotic was causing me problems! GERD just terrible, yeast upper and lower, :roll: and this not being able to have dairy within 2 hours of it, before or after, twice a day, 12 hours apart was a HASSLE! :x I said it wasn't worth it, I felt the ophthalmologist who prescribed it didn't realize I didn't need it, so quit taking it. I feel so much better, healthier, and the GERD isn't like it was either!

And if I don't need ANY snacks, I can go WITHOUT EVENING after dinner food! :!: :P :idea:

My dr. wants me on a low-sodium diet full of fruits/veggies and exercise, too. He falls just short of asking me to go on a firm diet and to lose. Which is nice. But I need to try harder, will, and did great today/tonight! I'm so happy! I'm glad, Harriet, when you mentioned your snack and p.m. med and what YOU did! THANKS! :!: :D

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:20 am

My Fitbit went through the washer last week and can't be revived. I'm trying to decide whether to buy a new one. I want to get to the YMCA this week to join also.

I'm still journalling WW pts although the weekend has seen some off program snacking not captured.

Weigh in is Wednesday p.m. so will push to stay solidly "on program" for next three days.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:28 pm

I listened to a Bee Gees cassette tape on my walk man and walked 45 min. I did calf/leg stretches before and after walking and yoga stretching, too. :D My weight was down to 184.0 Lbs. this morning, too. :D :D

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:24 am

Yesterday my exercise included shopping, a bit of walking like a half of a block. Painting and I got my miles in on the ex. Bike.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:26 am

I found a link on the Fitbit website to email regarding the washed Fitbit. I tried what they suggested - rice, then to plug in and try to restart, but they offered a link if that didn't do it.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:54 am

Ivy, I'm glad that is working out for you and you feel better.

Twins' Mom, Get Well Wishes for the FitBit!!! (Sounds like it was almost a burial at sea.)

Congrats to both Twin's Mom and Ivy for losses.

My weekend was awful, healthy-habit-wise, and set me back. I just can't handle so much company. 9 members of HRH's extended family visited in 4 groups of 4, 2, 2 and 1, none of which knew the other was coming. The stress of having an (outdoor playing) accident happen while 3 little boy cousins were visiting was tough. Ice packs, worry, realizing the little boys felt badly about it, poor things. And my dear stepfil is so sick. He had an (bathroom) accident while he was here and also had an emotional moment in tears. :( Very difficult visit, especially to come right after such an intensely social church day. Then having the 2 darling toddlers right during and after he had been taken home was a struggle. They were so excited and cute, but also way too thrilled to play with each other!!! Zoom, zoom! Their daddies decided to help HRH with small chores and going for ice cream, and left me and dd to care for them, and of course dd was "walking wounded" at the time! Thank goodness for PBS children's programs, although that didn't last long.

So I had both emotional and stress eating, including just having no choice except to eat what was available for younger, thinner folk because there was zero time to fix for myself! Pizza, especially, I could have done without.

I would never say a bit of this anywhere but here. Each person is a delight individually, greatly loved, just ... ... wow... ... :?

So with a Monday that barely made it up to par...

I've now settled into a good healthy-habits Tuesday! I made a green drink for the equivalent of 2 veggie servings this morning, have had half of my supplements for the day and already know that scrubbing the bathroom and changing the shower curtain qualifies for exercise even if I do no more.

Imitating Nancy - if it's good hard work around the house, notice that it's exercise, too!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:17 pm

I walked 1 mi. W dgd today. Took a break from painting
My hip was twinging and figured I needed the rest.

Return to “Healthy Habits”