Health and Fitness, October 2013

Share healthy living habits.
Ivy

Re: Health and Fitness, October 2013

Postby Ivy » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:38 pm

Yoga, stretching, calf/leg stretches before and after walking 30 minutes. Will do more yoga and stretching this later afternoon and evening. My Fibromyalgia trigger painful points have STOPPED HURTING because of my exercise regimen and I'm only taking 1/4 of a 10 mg. tablet at bedtime, too. I'm sleeping well, most nights, feel stronger, happier, and my muscles feel more limber and stretched out, too. So it IS true what my doctor AND authors say! You can heal Fibormyalgia with gentle movement, exercise, and get a good restorative night's sleep, which leads to less pain. It's wonderful! :D
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:44 pm

Will probably not be a great weigh in tomorrow night at WW.

However.....my replacement Fitbit will be here tomorrow in my mailbox, and I just joined the 3-minutes-away YMCA. I have an appointment tomorrow at 11:30 for "orientation."
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:16 pm

I have done my exercise and rode the ex. Boke for ten mi. Today.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:42 pm

Thinking about Ivy's statement that climate affects scales. So if I put my scale in the refrigerator tomorrow morning before I weigh, the number will be lower? :lol:

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:02 pm

Harmony! This is SERIOUS business, the scales! :lol: I should put MINE in the FREEZER! Maybe that will help! ;)

While going through list pads 2 weeks ago, I found one that lists Monday through Sunday on it. They have 1" of color for each day. I put on each section of color:

My weight for the morning.
My 5 fruits/veggies marked off throughout the day.
The date of the day.
My calories at the end-of-day eating and KITCHEN CLOSED! :!:

I finally had a loss! :D

I also figured out if I want to be 140.0 Lbs. and lose -1 Lbs. a week, on 9/22/14 I'll be 140 Lbs. Of course, I know that will go up and down, due to the scales and WEATHER, :lol: and the fact that there's sodium in Turkey Thanksgiving dressing, yadda-yadda....... I've determined days I'll eat normal, but still write and count, on holidays, but will get serious again the next day. :idea:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:35 pm

Orientation and evaluation at Y today. They have a software program that spits out the next workout based on the evaluation and some other parameters so it looks interesting. The software can be accessed from home and includes instructions and a video for each machine or exercise so one can view "in the privacy of ones home" LOL. I did a 12 minute warm up on the treadmill when I got there and another 10 minutes after the workout at just under 4 mph. My shins were beginning to feel it so I didn't push it.

Now I have to weigh in at 5:15 and I'm drinking water.... :roll:

Also received my new Fitbit in mail today - was after walking ddogs but I have 3600 steps so far. Unfortunately, I can't get it to sync with my computer, tho. I'm going to try rebooting the computer in a few and see if that makes a difference.

Oh, and she said I was above average in the number of crunches I could do - I got up to 40. THAT is amazing. :lol:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:06 pm

I did calf/leg stretches before and after walking 30 minutes, I did yoga moves and stretching.

I also found something to share here, which was in a book or on-line somewhere. :?:

THE 5 D's OF DIETING

1- DELAY
2- DISTRACT
3- DISTANCE
4- DETERMINE
5- DECIDE

I think it has to do with snacking when you shouldn't be, and if you go through this list, you might make the proper decision.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:40 pm

I did my ten mi. On my ex. Bike today and raked leaves in the back yd.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:36 pm

I'm "allowed" 1 day off from exercise, suggested by my doctor. Today was that day. I've lost -4.1 Lbs. in 1 week by counting calories, eating more fruits/veggies, less in the evening, and by exercise. I'm a Very Happy Camper. If I lose -1 Lb. weekly, by 9/22/14, I'll be 140 Lbs. :D I'm looking forward to the journey, rather than dreading it. I believe attitude has a lot to do with it. I know that weight can go up or down, plateau, etc.., too, but I'm prepared for that and refuse to let that get me discouraged to the point where I stop counting calories, eat lots of fruits/veggies and exercise. I've been 280 Lbs. before (1990) and I know I can lose the last little bit. I have -44.3 Lbs. to go. However, if I look good, feel healthy and better at 145 - 160 Lbs., I may take the option of accepting that weight range, too. This means I'll have -30.3 Lbs. to -24.3 Lbs. to lose. That's doable, too. I'll be 62 in the New Year, so feel it's "time" I finally let "go" of this excess weight that's left, get more fit, and might be going back to hiking, gardening, and climbing the ladder to do things about the house, too. I think the neatest thing of all, is how with more exercise, better sleep, the body restfully sleeps and heals itself so Fibromyalgia pain's nearly nil. I'm sure enjoying Life again.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:14 pm

I got my 10 mi. On yhe ex. Bike done today while I helped dgson with his home work.

Return to “Healthy Habits”