Health and Fitness November, 2013

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness November, 2013

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:50 pm

I did my regular daily work outs with the gazille and raked some leaves today.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:44 pm

Yesterday I did 25 minutes of T-Tapp. Realized that my knees felt better - they had had a little pain on Monday when I worked out. So that was good news.

Added some cucumber to my green drink and didn't hate it.

Managed to be satisfied with some coffee instead of any other kind of treat a few times.

Bad news - absentmindedly snacked on Dor itos. Can't even imagine what I was thinking. Sigh. They are so bad for me, both because of carbs and sodium, and because they cause acid reflux. They are dd15's absolute favorite snack, and she leaves the large bag out in view. She doesn't buy small bags because it seems like that's not thrifty, but I would rather spend more money on little bags, and have no extras around the house. I guess you could say I would pay to be rid of them.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:41 am

I stay away from Doritos or other sharp triangular crackers or chips. 2 years ago, I ate that "type" of chip/cracker, scratched my mouth roof, my dentist came unglued, kept an eye on it for 1 - 1 1/2 years, before he sent me to an oral surgeon. I needed to have a specimen taken, to biopsy at the U of W, last November 2012, and it wasn't "fun" to hurt, to heal, nor to await the biopsy results either. I still have a little scar tissue from the biopsy, but it was benign, and I KNOW not to EVER eat those types of triangular hard ANYTHING ever again. I learned my "lesson" the hard way. :shock:

I did yoga and stretching, sweeping, and running back and forth from the bathroom and back all afternoon into evening. So I got my "walking" in. :mrgreen: :oops: :o

I fixed medications for the week, too. I ate healthy today, didn't have evening snacks nor any sweets, except for an apple breakfast bar, which is like an apple Fig Newton, only longer. ;)
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:07 am

Today we are supposed to get windy weather hoping it takes the rest of the leaves fall to get raked up.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:55 pm

I read this, about getting a true weight loss average from week to week.
Weight yourself daily, log it, add up the 7 days of weigh-in numbers, divide by 7, to get your average.
As the weeks go by, you'll have an average weight loss/gain/maintaining, over a several week period.
This eliminates the "ups and downs", which come with daily weight losses and gains.
This eliminates the OMG when you gain or or darn, when you don't lose.
It also reinforces the fact how many of us can yo-yo from day to day, yet still lose or remain a steady maintaining weight.
My average for the last three weeks, has been 187.3 Lbs., 187.6 Lbs., and 187.5 Lbs.
I'm maintaining, wish to lose, but am very happy I'm not going up, and will work a bit harder on my activity level, a healthy diet.
It's so nice to be at a steady number. I used to weigh 280 Lbs. I've come a long way.
I'm not too hot, nor too cold, when weight gains and weight losses occur, too. I feel like my body thermostat is right on!
As long as I maintain, throughout the holidays, without gaining, I'll be happy. I accept a loss will come- someday.
I refuse to obsess about not losing week after week because at least the scales isn't going up.
What's more important to me, too, is how during my mid-Sept. physical, all of my lab work results were excellent.
My blood pressure and heart rate are good and sound, too.
Sure, I might not be a size 3, look slim and trim like a celebrity or model, but being healthy with healthy labs is a priority.
My clothes are beginning to fit better, too. I'm very satisfied with my appearance, I'm overweight, but can wear a 16/18. :D My head and my heart are in a good place, too. I feel at Peace about the weight loss journey. It's not a battle anymore.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:03 pm

Walk x
Ex. Bike x
Gazelle x (30 min.)
Plus leaf raking

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:03 pm

Ivy, I agree there is something not too bright about considering a hard, abrasive pointy thing with powdered hot sauce on it to be a good snack. But all my kids like them a lot. I never eat them without wishing I hadn't.

That's a great attitude toward your fitness.

Great variety, Nancy.

Yesterday I did the 25-minute workout that concentrates on arms. Today I've done 15-20 minutes of an advanced workout that actually lasts 30 minutes, and decided that was enough for today. All this is standing work, no floor. Somehow I have lost one exercise DVD which would be a very nice one, at 25 minutes, to enjoy at this stage of fitness for me. Just realized today that it is missing. Sigh.

Happy for news from PWYC, that Cowinkie is back into a favorite exercise program for her and OKay has formulated a plan for her way-of-eating.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:08 pm

I did 45 minutes walking and calf stretches. Hope to do yoga this evening.

The power keeps going out, 3 times so far, since later afternoon, so am keying this quickly before we're without again. :roll:

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:41 am

Harriet, I got to thinking today about your hot sauce and Doritos. Would it help if you used salsa or guacamole on them, rather than hot sauce? :idea: :?: Would that make your acid reflux better? Just a thought. :D

I walked 35 minutes this morning. :)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:04 pm

saying great job to all of you!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Healthy Habits”