Health and Fitness November, 2013

Share healthy living habits.
Ivy

Re: Health and Fitness November, 2013

Postby Ivy » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:02 am

Did some yoga, cleaned kitchen counters, and stretched.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

OKay

Postby OKay » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:00 am

Applauding those who are so faithful to post in this thread.

I read your post and wish I was doing more like you.

I have let my weight loss efforts disappear into the background. I tell myself that trying to eat as healthy as I can MOST of the time is enough for now. I focus on eating several vegetables and fruits each day and I do attempt to find replacements for the "white stuff" (aka processed food).

Although I am pleased I haven't given up ENTIRELY on taking care of myself, the truth of it is I have gained most of the weight back that I lost. I'm thankful my body is able to carry this extra weight without any aches/pains but I know I am not doing myself any favors.

So, until I am ready to commit fully (again) to getting this extra weight off, I'm going to focus on small habits that have big pay back (health wise)

** Drink 1/2 of my body weight in water. I use to always have a bottle of water with me wherever I went. I have let that habit slide. Time to establish it again.
** Eat healthy breakfast (this is easy because it is already a habit.....but I want credit for doing it!) :lol: Our typical breakfast is below 300 calories and full of protein, veg & fruits.
** Eat salad every day.
** Eat a cup of legumes every day (for cholesterol control)
** Wear pedometer (fitbit) daily to track steps and sleep.

That's as much as I can commit to. Hopefully establish those few consistent habits will help when I am ready to commit to a full blown weight loss effort.

OKay

Postby OKay » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:00 am

Posting to remind myself. Health and fitness is important!

Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it & staying with that plan. -Tom Landry

I dearly want to set a goal of losing weight, but am making myself wait until I can decide how to go about achieving it.....and knowing that I will commit to staying with that plan.

In the meantime I continue to work on baby steps.

And cheer for your successes!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:24 am

Twins' Mom , happy to hear about your maintaining.

Ivy good job on yoga.

Lynlee said she was getting closer to the Downward Dog yoga positioning she hopes for.

Nancy, you always seem to get good workouts when it's fall and the leaves need raking.

OKay, I wanted to comment to you that I think those are very mature decisions. Making progress in almost any health/fitness related area takes a lot of mental energy. Sometimes we do have to give ourselves some time to come up with the right plan. We need to see our paths to the goals but we ALSO need to see how we can get TO the paths :) and sometimes that's a longer process than we'd like to admit! I think it is s~t~r~e~s~s that obstructs us.

I continue to have portions of days that are right on track, but seldom a full day of truly healthy habits. Obviously, I've been under more s~t~r~e~s~s than I should have been if we lived in a perfect world. Will keep trying. Each day seems to hold its own frantic-ness that is either expected or a big surprise. Both are hard to take.

Healthy moments (if not days):
A good T-Tapp workout Monday.
Big tossed salads for the last two days.
This morning I've had a green drink that was actually tasty, so I'm going to remember how I did that. (Maybe I'm just getting used to the taste of spinach and celery in the morning. LOL )

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:48 am

Yesterday I got the time in on the ex. bike.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:16 pm

Yesterday I did yoga & stretching, calf/leg stretches and walked 30 minutes.

Today I walked 30 minutes while chatting with Ddil on the phone talking about the crocheted gifts I'm making 3 baby/toddler youngest grands. :D
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:38 pm

I did 30 min. On the the gazile, and 10 mi. On my ex. Bike.

Lowered the seat on the other ex. Bike and grandchildren are using it and the gazille having a blast! Who knew?

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:43 pm

Did stretching, my Miracle Ball Method on the wall this a.m. and massaged the spot bothering me on the upper spine area.
Later, I did calf/leg stretches, walked 30 minutes, worked up a sweat, then rested.

I plan on doing some Yoga moves with stretching this evening. :idea:

I did Yoga and stretching later, while listening to a sermon on-line. :D

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:13 pm

I am getting more used to the gazelle a new to me elliptical machine, did 30 on it yesterday and 10 mi. On the ex. Bike too.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:36 pm

I stretched, walked 20 min., and stretched again. It's a painful FM day for me, so I'm trying to not over do it. I'll do yoga and stretching again this evening, with hopes it won't put me asleep in my recliner at 10 p.m. like it did last night! :lol: It sure did relax me. :)

Return to “Healthy Habits”