Health and Fitness November, 2013

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Health and Fitness November, 2013

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:56 am

Let's do something healthy with November! There's a 30-day clean slate awaiting us! For some of us it's the month that leads up to the season of more social engagements, more visitors and more acquaintance-renewal than any other time of year! :shock: For others, it's going to be a month of recuperation back to strength, so we're making plans to feel a lot better by it's end! No matter what, we can see a positive change a month from now with a little Habit Forming!

:idea: Can you "put your finger on" the change/trend you'd enjoy seeing over the month? What is it?

:idea: What is the habit(s) that, in 30 straight days (or 15 "every-other-days"), could offer you that change?

If you'd like to, commit with us to the new habit(s) you choose for November and we'll cheer each other on for 30 days!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness November, 2013

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:37 pm

I have rode my 10 mi. on the ex. Bike and doing trips up and down the stairs for my ex. today.

sat. Did the ex. Bike and raked some leaves.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:09 am

I walked-talked on the cell phone with DD for 35 minutes this a.m. It was a spontaneous phone call on my part, so I didn't do my calf/leg stretches prior to the call and later my legs hurt. :roll: I didn't do my yoga today either, got very ill with IBS :roll: , and read a book. :P

My habits I'm doing right now and would like to continue in November are:
1- Counting daily calories
2- Walking 30 min. daily, but REMEMBERING the calf/leg stretches 1st
Would like to remember to:
3- Do yoga and stretching exercises in the morning and before bedtime, but also am thinking of doing them in the later morning, perhaps during the 11 a.m. news and about 2 p.m., our incoming snail mail time.
4- I'm going off a FM med, am down to every other night right now, until about Nov. 30, then in Dec. go every other 2 nights. It's a habit I'd like to continue, as the goal via my doctor's orders are to get off it.
5- I'd like to refrain from eating any of DH's ice cream drumsticks, ice cream sandwiches or sherbert since I'm lactose intolerant (except for yogurt and some cheeses :P ).
I ate an ice cream sandwich last p.m. and paid for it today with IBS. :oops: :roll: :?

The only other habits I'd love to do, which would be good distractions from snacking and/or eating ice creams, are reading. I'm way behind. :o
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:57 pm

Today I walked to hill, raked leaves did the ex. Bike miles also.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am

I was sick today, I didn't walk, but I did a goodly amount of yoga/stretching. I'd been stiff, this really helped me, and I could feel my muscles stretch like rubber bands, which relaxed me and I felt better. :)

I did some heavy lifting, carrying a low, very long bin out of the office, down the hall, and into the bunny room. I did a lol, too, so I got exercise. Plus I ran back and forth to the office all day. ;)
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:05 pm

I have more to lose, but the trend I like seeing is that the previous weight I got off is staying off. That's huge for me. I haven't gone back to all the bad eating habits I had before the loss. So that's a change. Got another goal set for this month. May be a bit too ambitious, but we'll see.

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:37 pm

I rode my real bike 3 miles today and want to continue to increase the distance. First though I want to make sure both the bike and me are in shape to go the distances I have in mind.

Gotta start somewhere ;-)
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:04 pm

Did yoga, stretching, then calf/leg stretching and walked 30 minutes. Did light housework/dishes/laundry for activity, too. I'm very tired after my walk. :?

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:25 pm

Yeah. I don't know why it was so hard to get to Y, but I felt I had a successful workout. I used the iPhone app to follow the prescribed workout and to enter the reps completed. I walked 15 minutes to warm up and then 10 more minutes after. I really enjoyed working out and feeling strong!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:25 pm

Has anyone tried, or know anyone who has tried, the garcinia cambodia weight loss supplement? I am very wary, but it does seem to have Dr. Oz's stamp of approval, and he's not known as some kind of quack-doctor, is he?

Y'all haven't seen me in this thread, b/c the harder I try to lose weight, it seems the more I gain. :roll:
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Healthy Habits”