Health and Fitness December, 2013

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness December, 2013

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:48 am

Yesterday I only did 15 min. on the gazelle but I got the rest of my workout done I did some shopping too.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:04 pm

Dr. Mercola recommends Krill Oil instead of fish oil. He says it's better. I don't know how you feel about Dr. Mercola, but his recommendation of this seems good to me.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:08 am

I was reading through the Jan. 2014 issue of Woman's Day Magazine and on page 95 there is an article on a page called "Path to Health." A woman lost 172 Lbs. and she decided to go public and to start blogging about her experience. I bookmarked it and signed up for her newsletter. If you're interested, here's the link:

http://www.BrookeNotOnaDiet.com

She went to Weight Watchers with her Dmom. She has a secret to stick-with-it and it's to set all kinds of goals.

I didn't exercise today. I did 4 loads of laundry and put fresh sheets on the bed, with help, but I'm the one who washed, dried, and put away all the laundry today. Also, I was running a fever for awhile, so I thought it was best to rest instead of exercising. :idea: My fever's gone now, I feel fine and plan to exercise tomorrow. :)
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:59 am

I keep hearing commercials on an Atlanta radio station for some kind of combination of krill oil and fish oil. If one is worried about one versus the other there are combos with both. I use an "Ultimate Omega" with additional supplementation and no fishy burping.

Since we were discussing it, I just went ahead and ordered my Ultimate Omega on Amazon instead of waiting for a trip to Whole Foods. I've been out a couple of weeks and never seem to go that way at a time when I can get in and out efficiently.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:22 pm

Yesterday I did my ex. Routine.

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:33 pm

I've eaten well for the past few days...but no gazelle. Yesterday my headache kept me down...today i was way too busy to even think about it ;-)
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:22 am

I did yoga, stretching and only walked 10 min., but have been washing, drying and wrapping afghans, blocking hat bills, wrapping gifts, which was a lot of activity. I ended up with a 99.6* fever, took medicine and am taking it easier now. I feel much better, too, but tomorrow will be a lighter day for me, activity wise. I will do yoga and stretching, but if I walk, I'll do it in 10-min. increments and total them up throughout the day.

I know this may be TMI, but when I had a hysterectomy in 2005, I was on Vicodin, which stops you up. To counteract that, EVERY time I snacked or ate a meal, :idea: I walked 10 - 15-min., tallied it up and by the end of the day, at bedtime, I'd often walked 70-90 min. that day and LOST WEIGHT! :!: :P It was such a great idea that I'm thinking about doing the same tallied up walking after meals and snacks in the New Year. It's fun to add up the minutes and at the end of the day, I feel so good, physically and emotionally because of endorphins. :D It's a great idea for those who are just starting out on an exercise regimen, too. Baby steps. :idea:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:04 pm

Yd. Work was my ex. For today.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:27 pm

Dr. Sears likes fish oil instead of krill oil because it requires less processing. I think both Dr.s we've mentioned recommend their own products! (I like both Doctors and am sure they are sure their products are high quality.) I have thought of breaking over and buying Dr. Sear's fish oil instead of mine, but am still taking the one that is similar but less expensive at local Vitamin Shoppe, which I believe is the same Ultimate Omega Twins' Mom uses, by Nordic Naturals ?

The new year must be bringing great health habits for me, because I sure have fallen behind on my attempts at the end of this one! :roll: Ah well, January is often a good month for me.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:44 pm

Krill Oil caused me to have Gerd. :roll: So I had to go back to Fish Oil Omega 3 Fatty Acids by Kirkland. Works great for me.

Does anybody ever start up a "New Year's Challenge" here in this thread? :?: :idea: I guess we don't "need" one. :?: But I need to be more accountable, get my daily exercise, and eat 5 fruits/veggies daily. I've been slacking off on my exercise, getting in yoga about every other day, forgetting to walk, because I'm so busy. :oops: :roll: I need to get with the program, be more proactive, and get on track. I've only lost 2.2 Lbs. in 8 weeks, too. :( But it's gone down. :mrgreen: I need to walk 30 min. daily, as per doctor's orders, do yoga/Pilates as he suggests, too, but he never gets on my weight because I've lost 100 Lbs. I need to lose about 30 - 40 Lbs. more. I just don't have the big drive to do it because I've lost so much, but I wear a size 18-W and 16-W now and would like to get back down to a size 16-Misses and 14-Misses. You need to move and eat healthy to do THAT! :!: Maybe I should schedule exercise and do it do a certain news program or something. :idea: I feel good, my lab work numbers were fantastic during my Sept. physical, so I'm healthy- just too heavy. Also, the joints, from osteoarthritis and muscles from FM would be less painful, so there IS motivation there, which would be good to keep, in the New Year.

I need to report here more often and just try harder and quit slacking off like I've been doing. Good grief. This just isn't cutting it. :? :( :o

Return to “Healthy Habits”