Health and Fitness December, 2013

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness December, 2013

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:05 pm

10 mi on ex bike x
30 min. On gazelle x

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:12 pm

About 5 min. stretching and yoga
30 min. walking
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:07 pm

Raking two 45 min. sets in a back yd. Counts for my ex. Today.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:04 pm

On Monday I did 30 minutes of T-Tapp. Don't know when I'll finally get back in the swing of daily or every-other-day. Some kind of fire to put out all the time.

Most days I am getting veggies/fruits in.

January will be a good month, I just know it.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:28 am

I have a dfriend who's going to start counting calories on Dec. 30 when her DD goes onto a Dr. supervised starvation diet, which my dfriend said is expensive. I plan on re-starting on New Year's Day, to be honest, because so many begin anew in the New Year, too. I've only been doing occasional stretches, yoga and walking, have been eating unhealthy and get IBS and don't feel well when I do this to myself. I need to be really good this weekend and upcoming to Christmas, because I don't want to be "sick" on Christmas with DD as our guest. Also, I have things to get done still and who likes being sick anyway. :roll:

I'm hoping to challenge myself better in the New Year and I "heard" there is a "Weight Watchers Simplicity 101" program, which entails not counting points, :idea: but it entails eating until full, listening to your body, and quitting eating once you're full. It's really a no brainer, but I think it will take training or re-training myself to do mindful eating. :idea: It will also help to journal my thoughts, too.

I only need to lose about 30 - 40 Lbs., which shouldn't be too awful hard, but since -100 Lbs. have been lost, it's like I'm at a standstill again. :roll: I was 168.8 Lbs. on Thanksgiving 2012, this Thanksgiving I was about 188 Lbs. :o It crept up so slowly, over 12 months. :!: It's harder to get it off now that I'm older, too, it's winter, and have been sitting to crochet, read, write stories, write letters, etc... It seems like on "some" days- the only activity I get is dishes, laundry, and tidying up the house. :oops: I also COULD start setting my timer, for 25 - 30 minutes, get up and MOVE! :idea: I guess the good thing about all of this is that I love myself, I don't "hate" myself, and I'm happy where I am in life, but need to weigh less and be more active because of osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia. Oh, by the way, I've not had any fibromyalgia medication since Dec. 3rd, the only "problem" I had was an occasional headache for about 5 days, since I'd tapered off really well. Also, I have no more of the med in the house, so look forward to getting muscles stronger, exercising for better restorative sleep, and being healthier now. :D I'm so ecstatic I'm off that FM med. It was causing patients in their 60's on up to walk wobbly, to stumble, fall, and break hips, so the word went out to all doctors to get their patients off of that particular muscle relaxant taken at bedtime. I had 1 close call, which scared me to death, nearly fell at night in the dark in the bathroom in mid-night a.m. hours, but we have the foot kick-back string lighting along the floor of the cabinets, so I could see. I was so lucky.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:47 am

Got ex. Yesterday and yesterday doing snow removal.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:31 pm

I'm pleased with my eating, actually pleased that I'm not starving and craving junk. I've been eating mostly veggies and protein, very little carbs. I think my sugar count is way down, and it's interesting I feel satisfied because the first time I tried that I couldn't do it. Today I had a big salad with a hard-boiled egg, had some broccoli with a little cheese on top and a cup of chicken broth (homemade). Also had a small piece of corn bread and of course a christmas cookie. Milk in my coffee. I guess that's not much food is it? But I'm not feeling hungry. If I get hungry I'll get a healthy snack of something.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:08 am

Had our family Christmas brunch at Ddil's/Dson's today, so indulged a bit. :( I did some yoga stretches at my computer while listening to/watching a Vlog. Hoping to walk tomorrow and get back on track, too. :idea: :mrgreen:

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:40 pm

Today I did calf/leg stretches before and after walking 25 min., worked up a sweat :!: :mrgreen: and I've been such a "slacker" lately, :oops: but today I feel so proud of myself. :D I'm planning on doing some yoga and more stretching later, plus housework for activity, too. :idea:

So far, my food has been healthy. DH did get a nice-looking cherry pie for Christmas Day though. I think we'll send some home with DD, to share with Dgrson-17, when he returns from his DDad's.

Baby-stepping the housework is smart because I'm getting in movement, exercise, while gaining a cleaner home, too. I don't want to overdo on Christmas Eve, be worn out on Christmas Day. It's just DD, DH and me. DD doesn't pay attention to every detail. I think it's nice to set the timer for 30 min. and then go-go-go cleaning, take a break, put up my feet, drink water, and there isn't much to do. :D

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:47 pm

I took a walk today. It helped with my emotions that have been all over the place the last couple of days.

Return to “Healthy Habits”