Health and Fitness January, 2014

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness January, 2014

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:33 pm

Shoulder is good thanks for asking Harriet.

Last week had some strange upper body aches last week I am fine now.

Yesterday I did after wind storm clean up and ex. Bike for my ex.

I suck at getting more water and fiber.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:18 pm

Did yoga, calf/leg stretches before and after walking 30 minutes, a lot of heavy housework, working up quite a sweat, and will do yoga again later, as the upper back's hurting. I did something stupid! :oops: I was putting a cutting mat, paper cutter, and short stack of scrap paper, under it, inside my left shoulder (rotator cuff surgery one!) and was laying it low, inside the closet onto a bin, about 2 1/2 feet down, so my left arm was at an angle, as I dropped my load down. :oops: I walked away down the hall, the shoulder "smarted", so will be prepared with ice tomorrow, if needed. :idea: Sometimes I get in such a rush, don't use my head, :shock: and then do something totally goofy to my poor body! :roll:

DH bought me a black cover spiral notebook. It has silver lines, making a diamond pattern, with rhinestones at every point of every diamond all over it. It sparkles so pretty! :P At first, I thought how it'd be a shame to put short stories inside it. :( I decided to make it my W. W. motivational diet journey notebook, will write in pretty colors, add stickers to make it even prettier, and will write my ups and downs with my plan. I begin on 1/20/14 and end 8/3/14. If I lose -1 Lbs. a week, I'll be 157 Lbs. when I'm done. I'll try my best to lose -2 Lbs. a week though. :idea: :mrgreen: I think I'll write out a story board in the back pages of my dieting journey journal, too. :idea:

EDIT: I ate 5 fruits/veggies today! :D
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:45 pm

I've lost another pound. Sheesh. It took me a month. Well, the right direction, anyway. But I thought it looked as though there would be more weight loss. I have 2 hollow spots, one on each side just below my ribs that were not there before. That's new.

Got out my "hopeful" suitcase of too-small clothes and tried them all on again. 3 more pair of jeans fit, one blouse, 1 t-shirt, 2 skirts, 2 capris, 1 bra, 1 slacks, 1 pair of shorts, 1 sweater, and the rest went back into the suitcase for the next try-on (hopefully). Mediums are beginning to fit again. A nice black dress I wore in 2002 fits again. I've been here before, glad to be getting back there.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:54 pm

So far this year I've been a non starter for this thread. Today I am tracking my food using the WW online site; I'll eat all my pts and more probably but I just need to keep recording it instead of not recording it once I eat too much. :lol:

I've been wearing my Fitbit this week as well and have been over 5,000 steps every day since Sunday. I need to kick it up but right now I'm just glad I'm wearing it and doing something.

Tomorrow I'll go weigh in at WW.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:37 pm

Although I have my exercise back in line, I feel a little like
Twins' Mom, in that I seem to be a non-starter on weight loss. Great job remembering the Fitbit, Twins.

Harmony, what happy news for you, especially for the clothing you can wear. Delighted for you, and hoping the only reason you're experiencing new tiredness is because you are back to packing a lot into your days.

For me,
exercise has been a consistent 20 mins of T-Tapp daily. I either do the Basic Plus (plus meaning adding the aerobic "hoe downs") or an intermediate of the same moves (without hoe downs) that requires 10 reps of all the moves rather than 8. The daily consistency has done wonders for the pain I was experiencing.

Pretty consistent on a minimum of 5 veggie/fruit servings daily. Today I've actually had 2 large tossed salads, which, added to veggies in a breakfast omelet, probably takes me over 5 servings.

Water is good but not the best it could be. Vitamins are fine.

So I'm feeling better, but the concept of wearing more of the clothes I'd like is still a pipe dream for 2014. Weight also won't be impressing any doctors when I have those appts a couple months from now. Maybe the other things getting back in line will make blood work numbers, at least, look better than they might have.

I'm eating well, guess I'm just not eating little enough. Well, I'm not as strict about sugars, that's surely the thing, time to be honest. Sigh.

side note - HRH had blood work done and nurse called to say "all the numbers within normal" and he immediately thought to ask for a hard copy of that, so she's mailing it. He was very proud to tell me he'd thought to ask - says I've trained him well, lol ! We both looked at each other and shook our heads with suspicion at her call, though, since he had had a spaghetti supper with dessert the night before the appt, with no idea the blood work was due, and they pricked his finger and everything. He was pretty sure he'd get some fussing. Hmmm... ... this will be an interesting piece of mail.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:40 pm

I got the last ten minutes of exercise done on the gazelle this afternoon. Had to stop this a.m. bc my tummy was a bit upset. It is better now.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:53 pm

[color=#FF0040]I walked 30 min. twice on the phone, once with DD and once with DSon. I walked 1 hour in total. But I ate afternoon b-day cake and will again after dinner. I'll be going on my W. W. diet plan/journey again on the 20th, so hope to get on track and stay that way until 8/3/14. :idea: [/color]
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:41 pm

Have decided I need to have more tea.
Less creamer & sodium than the other
stuff I consume. Herbal tea is on the groc list. Now.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:32 pm

On the news reports today, they talk about being ill and exercise. They stated, from the neck up, if you have a stuffy nose, you can exercise. But from the neck down, if you have nausea, body aches, are lung-coughing, etc... It's a good idea to rest or if you exercise, to do it gentler and at a slower pace. I had a doctor tell me, once, to "listen to your body." He stated, if I had a chest cold, wanted to walk in the sunshine, I could, but if I got out of breath, started coughing, to stop and go home. I guess we need to listen to our minds AND bodies. :idea:

I checked my Weight Watchers At-Home Program year and it WAS 2006. It's the "Turn-Around," W. W. Plan. You can turn around to do Flex points one week, turn around and do regular points. I've decided to count points today. I have 21 pts. a day to stay within the range of, 37 weekly points allowed, extra, can earn activity points and/or eat up activity points. Originally I was planning to "officially" begin Jan. 20, but I got ill from b-day food yesterday, today when I woke up, not feeling so "hot". Decided to count points today, the 16th, to slowly ease into my plan on the 20th. I'm just .1 under the weight limit for adding 1 point to my daily points, which I'm not happy about. 189.9 Lbs. this a.m. :shock: :!: :oops: I'll try to be much better now, about my choices, will measure, and be proactive. I don't plan to exercise today, except for yoga and stretching. I walked one hour yesterday.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:49 pm

Ivy I like that kisten to your body.
I got gazelle time in and for arm work used hand saw to cut that branch for the chicken run. I raked in the chickens run cleaning it and the roost today too
Walked while I did a bit of shopping.
I still need to do the ex. Bike.

Return to “Healthy Habits”