Health and Fitness January, 2014

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness January, 2014

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:32 pm

Tweeking my work out a bit.
Did 20 min. On the gazelle
10 min. On the total gym
I will do the ex. Bike later on.

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:07 am

Day 5. 3 miles gazelle 1 mile doggies ditching this pedometer

Stayed focused ate right scale the same. Not worried. Going to gym class in a while. Hardest part is gearing up to go. Once I'm there I will be fine.
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:39 pm

Yesterday Day 6 Weight the same Zumbaed for an hour steps 8734

Today. Day 7. Didn't get on the scale. Got flu shot and now have a cough and other flu like symptoms. Had to use cough drops and such for most of the night. Drank a diet soda which I am trying to stay away from.

DID drink tons of water yesterday and through the night. Will with walk doggies or use the Gazella later today as I have committed to a walk a mile a day for 30 days program.

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:46 pm

Ment to add I have lost 3.5 lbs in week one. I was hoping for more but am happy for this. Need to remeber this is a journey and a commitment neither a race or a "diet". Need to stay focused as Week 2 is always a make or break time for me.

Rereading people's mag they lost half their weight is a great motivator for me. They certainly didn't reach their goals in two weeks..it's my brain not my mouth I need to work on.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:03 am

I am posting from the gazelle this a.m.
Did it last night too.
Did my 10 mi. On the ex. Bike.

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:13 pm

Day 8.... Had flu symptoms yesterday so very few steps and no gazelle.

Today I did my gym class and walked 2 miles on the tread mill. I am already approaching 10, 000 steps and still need to do my doggie walking tonight.

I've decided to only weigh once a week...I guess I can cheat and look before each week is up if I feel like it. It also occurred to me that I usually take my measurement when I start a program like this and I forgot to do it. Took care of that today.

Have eaten clean except for the hard peppermint candies, only 7, that I ate during my coughing fits and the two diet sodas yesterday. I so enjoy drinking them and hate to give my sodas up. Then I remembered about the sodas that are made with Sevia. Bought some today. Don't want to drink one every day,, but they are there when I need them. Drinking the sodas help when I get a sweet craving going on.

I saw some leather bracelets at the store the other day that I want. They come with letters that slide onto them. You can spell words or messages with them. I want the one that says fearless, because Sweetie always tells me that's what I am to him, and I want to make the other one say Don't Give In.

I am the oldest one in my gym classes...that's usually the way it works. One of the girls was teasing me about it and I told here I was the TOB of the class. She asked me what that stood for and I told her it meant tough old broad. That cracked her up and now thats what she is calling me ... :lol:

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:36 pm

Day 9 Yesterday.... Did Zumba at the gym 2 miles on the treadmill,,, walked doggies a mile 13313 steps

This morning I went to the gym and did another Zumba class. I have two left feet plus suffer from the results of mini strokes. That makes Zumba really hard for me, but its really good rehab for my body. I stay in the back then I don't care if I like a fool. ;)

Only did one mile on the treadmill this morning. More tired than usual so I gave myself a break. Will still walk another mile tonight when I walk doggies.

Stayed on track with my eating. Did a cinnamon truvie coated almond roast, have no idea how they turned out yet. I think I'll rest my body tomorrow although i may do a few floor exercises. Measuring my body yesterday really gave me an extra shot of motivation.

Didn't quite know the proper way to measure my "sisters" as they are no longer where they used to be. Figured if I wore a bra, that would be cheating. Did give me the giggles though..........

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:10 pm

Hurray for your weight loss, Cowinkie! Measuring with the same bra on each time is a tried-and-true way of taking measurements that has the advantage of consistent measurement across the same place/level. Of course, padded or push-up bras wouldn't make sense, but an ordinary bra that you use each time is fine for noting changes. Some people don't bother with the bust measurement, and just do the above-bust and ribcage measurement each time. Frankly, I'm not so sure the flu vaccine is much more than a wash for you. But then I don't put much stock in them anyway.

The fact that any of us might be the oldest in any class or activity is a show of POWER. Of course anybody could do it at 25. Yawn. Doing it when you're the oldest in the class? Formidable.

Nancy, how is your shoulder now?

I'm eating a little better. Very little sugar today.

Some machine, I suppose, at My Calorie Counter, sent me an impersonal "digest" type email from their Help and Support forum. I had asked my questions there in August :roll: , trying to understand why all my information was gone when they started a new page style. Lots of other people did, too, and as we compared notes none of us ever got responses and no one came onto the forum to answer. So from August to January - not very credible, huh?

I don't trust this email to mean there will be anyone there to help people - it's just that some automated sequence has been started up again. But my own "journal" is back in existence there, such as it is, in the previous format. No personal info except an old weight record of one date, 12/07/2010, that says I weighed 159 on that date. That might have been when I became a member.

I could consider using this on a day-to-day basis, if I happened to want an online calculator. But I would never believe any records were safe there again.

Just a cautionary tale for anyone who's using an online site - they disappear with no one to help you, so make hard copies, save to your own computer, or be willing to lose the info.

Zumba - added back to the lineup for me as well. Something different for some days.

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:27 pm

Harriet .....
I don't trust any online anything with my stuff...photos, emails ... To always be there. I make hard copies of anything that matters to me. I've had lots for friends that have had site close and then they can't retrieve important stuff.

Zumba is challenging and the foot steps can be complicated. At my gym different instructors teach on different days and each routine is their own and different. Due to my stroke my response time is slower and my brain has a difficult time with my body left and right. Plus normal people naturally go right foot left hand and vice versa. My brain gets confused.

If I concentrate on the foot work first it helps. Though it is very frustrating... Think Baby on the bridge in Dirty Dancing....I know the more I do it the better my brain will get. That's why I'm considering rehab as much as exercising.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:06 pm

Today I got in these 6 veggies/fruits

half a large apple - 1
8 big raspberries - 1
coleslaw - 1
one small sweet potato - 1
big tossed salad - 2

4.5 pints water
all supplements

15 minutes T-Tapp

Fighting what may be a piriformis muscle inflammation. Being very careful to do what may help.

Return to “Healthy Habits”