Health and Fitness, February, 2014

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Re: Health and Fitness, February, 2014

Postby Harriet » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:46 pm

Most days, multi, vitamin D, fish oil, evening primrose oil, ubiquinol (CoQ-10), astaxanthin.
2 or 3 times a week, a probiotic capsule, vitamin K

One more important supplement in our house is HRH's B-12 sublingual.

I take the multi later in the day to keep it "away" from the thyroid pill, in case that matters.

My ep oil capsules are big, too, Nancy. I noticed Dr. Andrew Weil was recommending ep oil and said you could take a smaller capsule twice a day. I would probably forget one or the other. Thankfully, they are smooth.

Had a great Monday, reported here. Tuesday was not bad but the worst was the addition of ONE breadstick from an Italian place where HRH had craved some. They came with dipping sauce and even though I dipped very little of it, both HRH and I had heartburn through the night last night. Obviously we must never go near their sauce again, and I would question it on their other menu choices. He is suspicious of the breadsticks themselves, which were super yeasty-thick and heavy. But I have to think it was the sauce. At any rate, we should have known better.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:13 pm

Back from my walk.
I think I forgot to take my thyroid pill today.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:57 pm

What are your workout clothes?

Today mine are:

undershirt and bra
skirt and slip
pantyhose and flat slip on shoes.

I figure it is more important to get the steps in a few moments at a time than worry about my clothes and taking time to change, etc. That frees me from having to exercise before I shower in the morning or before bed at night (never a good idea.)

I'll let myself cool down a bit before I put on my pretty sweater and get ready to have a quick bite before heading off to church at the retirement home.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:56 pm

My workout clothes? Oh, the honesty! (gasp) are y'all really ready for this?

Maternity shorts in teal blue (you asked). Black sports bra with a teal blue tank top over it. Sketchers black shoes and ankle socks. Always black shoes so if needed, I could use the same ones through the day to run out on errands.

About shoes - lately wearing a slender running shoe by sketchers, but SHOULD be wearing the sketchers sport Energy shoes in my closet, which have the roomier "toe box" for room at the ball of foot and toes, and therefore more stability for balance.

OKay

Postby OKay » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:37 pm

Interesting discussions.

wondering WHY we sometimes don't go back to what worked before.

Hum.....I used to post first thing in H&F which started off my day well. Why did I stop?

So what suplaments do you take?

Multi, Fish oil, Psyllium. I was taking calcium supplement until reading recent research, I replaced it with extra greens, milk and OJ each day. I've had bone density tests done and it is good so I'm going to try and do without the calcium supplement until can discuss it with family doc at yearly appt later this year.

What are your workout clothes?

I work out in my normal clothes.....boots, jeans, shirt. I've tried wearing "work out" clothes however I find myself resisting changing into them, so I just exercise in what I have on. It eliminates that excuse. :roll:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:10 pm

Today I walked outside, coat jeans, boots, and light jacket under neath.

OKay

Postby OKay » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:22 pm

Posting here to remind me to keep H&F in mind.

I am logging food and have started losing....but I need to keep on keeping on

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:52 pm

Bs was up at lunch time so I am on the gazelle in wk. Out clothes aka pjs.

OKay

Postby OKay » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:23 pm

Posting to keep focus on H&F in my mind

Logging food.
Sleeping 7-8 hours a night (I usually sleep 5-6 hours, but am making myself sleep more)
exercising daily
tracking healthy habits.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:46 am

DH and I walked 1 hour or more today, to and from the car to the dr. office and back, into the store, shopping while waiting for a prescription, but then when I asked about the other 2 prescriptions emailed over, it'd be another long wait. :roll: :lol: So we shopped some more, went back with groceries to the car, chatted, walked back to the store. The pharmacy's in the back of the store, too, and we'll return on Thursday, too. I'm fighting an infection, which can be brought on by a Vitamin B & B12 deficiency, so we'll get a combo pill 2-in-1 for that. I was tested with a normal B level in 2008, but hey! This is 2014 NOW! So I figure the B-B12 won't hurt, it says on-line how our bodies need it, so I'll be taking that.

I didn't do so hot on my eating today, but I wrote down EVERY MORSEL and counted them, too! :mrgreen:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Return to “Healthy Habits”