Health and Fitness, February, 2014

Share healthy living habits.
Ivy

Re: Health and Fitness, February, 2014

Postby Ivy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:16 am

I did calf stretches, walked 30 minutes, did calf stretches and then some yoga stretching in the upper body today. I'm within my W. W. Pts. range today, too. I decided to NOT have a small slice of a small chocolate bundt cake, as it made me sick yesterday, from eating it on Tues. evening. :x I hate using up WPA for cake anyway. I'm trying to LOSE; not gain! :!:

Last night, I took stickers and colored pens, wrote out goals, when I'll weigh what, if I lose 1 Lbs. weekly and/or 2 Lbs. weekly, for how many weeks I listed; about 6 different choices. It was fun, also, to write a list of new clothes I'll need/buy when I'm down to a size 12/14 on the bottom. I wrote some positive affirmations, in addition to these, in different colors of ink, too. It'll be nice if I'm having a difficult day sticking to my W. W. Plan, to go to those two facing pages, to read what I wrote, to motivate myself again. Anything that works, right? :mrgreen:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:15 am

I boxed up clothes that did not fit me even if I loose wt. They are the wrong style. I did my exercise routine tonight.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:13 pm

I re-started WW on Wednesday. I was up 2.2 pounds from last time at WW in early November so I'm okay with that. I have done well counting pts since Wed except that dh and I went out to eat last night and there weren't really great choices available unless I ordered a salad, and I felt too cold for that. I ended up with a glass of wine, a biscuit, tomato bisque soup and 1/2 a massive cheese sandwich. I counted the sandwich as 20 pt total and ate the other half for lunch today.

Dh had indicated that he had a meeting and would be home later so I had planned to cook something simple for myself. But I was pleased that he called and wanted to have dinner out and it was nice to be together (he is so late a lot of evenings) and decompress from seeing dmom yesterday.

Tonight dinner is at temple.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:33 pm

Ex. = snow removal for today's ex.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:33 pm

EX. = Conga today, 1 lol, and just plain active.

Lost 9 Lbs. since a Jan. date. Have 7 - 8 to lose to put me at 175 Lbs. Am so HAPPY! :P
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:59 am

great d ivy!

I am working on a higher plant based diet per doctors orders - I have to have life style changes.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:12 pm

Back from doc. Who is actuallya PA physicians ast. sigh the reason I can't get the Lantis on the 430B prog. Is bc he is a PA.

But he did recomend O'Kieeff's working hands so I got that and will try it for heels too. Found at wmart and acemhardware here. Under $5. Also Crisco works for heels not butter flavor.

BP 105/72
wt. Down a few like 5 lbs. From last time.
A1C up to 8 or 9 now (I forget) surprised bc I had been ill.
They want me to go to the clinic in the neighboring town across the river for my blood work. Got an application for free lantis. Meds. Renewed but only for 3 mo. Sort of felt like I was fired as a patient sigh dr. Visits upset me but this more so because of extra paper work thst has to be filled out each time. It is like the deal with sick people
so much the do not know what to do with alo well person check up.

First time I had been to this guy I like his approach even better than nothing my last doc. I am supposed to call the hosp. For help about being uninsured here and the one across the river.... and call some one a out diab. Something....got brain overload I have a number & name.
Got my Lantis pens this time.
Sorry for the long post I am still processing.
Over all I am a healthy gal.
I could tell the gals in the office were busy and stressed over this and that program on the PC.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:46 pm

Ex. = shoveling wet snow, fed hens some walking involved.
To do get calicuim chews.
Get Rx refill x
Had brunch out with h.after apt.
I need to make a list of calls to make.
We are going to get our blood work done together sort of a Val. Thing we're doing we are both due for it.
Have not had cholates for nearly a week!
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:08 am

Last p.m., DH and I looked at the little W. W. book quiz, where you learn your daily allowed points. I'm supposed to have 23 points a day and NOT 21. I ate healthy today, but went over, and counted it with Flexible Points.

I did shoulder/back P.T. exercises, as taught to me by 2 different clinics for 2 different things: The back; the shoulder. :lol: I did it for 20 minutes, earned 1 exercise point, walked 15 min., earned 1 exercise point, but have been ill today, so didn't push myself.

I ate healthy today, didn't have any sherbert, and hoping I'll feel better tomorrow, so I can get back to FOCUS cleaning, etc.... I overdid the Conga on Sunday the 9th. :oops: :( I should have paced myself out better than that, but did sleep very well.

I'll continue to eat healthy, so I can get back on my feet as soon as possible, too. :idea:

I enjoy reading what everybody's eating and are doing for exercise. My "Diet Buddy" from Virginia, is so easy to report to, to be honest with, and help motivate her, too. With her AND YOU HERE, I've got the best of both worlds, as I journey down. I don't feel like throwing in the towel, on bad days where I feel ill, because I feel accountable to you, my "buddy" AND to myself, too. I wanted to thank everyone for talking about health, supplements, etc.... I learn so much.

DH goes to Safeway grocery store tomorrow. I've asked him to pick up either fresh Swiss chard or fresh spinach. A Doctor once told me how to make wilted spinach, it sounds good, and I love the chewiness of the red stems on Swiss chard. :D When I make it, I'll report to how it turned out. It's ZERO points, too. I love warm soothing veggies, too. :idea:

Shoveling snow, Nancy, is a good form of exercise! :!:

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:46 am

I've increased my average number of steps using the Fitbit to 7,400 daily. Eating out last Thurs - Sat evenings didn't help me eat the right things and indeed I ate too much, but I'm still trying to estimate and track what I'm eating. In spite of yesterday's activity at dsis' house, I didn't eat fast food or order a pizza. :D
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Healthy Habits”