Health and Fitness, February, 2014

Share healthy living habits.
Harmony

Re: Health and Fitness, February, 2014

Postby Harmony » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:29 pm

You guys all sound like you are doing good!

Blessed, it takes a long time, but you can get used to eating more veggies and less carbs. I'm doing better with that. I love carbs and dairy. So, we'll be doing that together...for a while I was eating cauliflower and broccoli for lunch and sometimes even breakfast.

Not much to report except I did find my weight/measurement charts and started a clean one to use this month. The number's still the same, but at least not inching up.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:53 pm

I'm on Medicaid insurance with an insurance carrier, who oversees my pharmacy needs, healthcare, etc... I have 0 co-pays. I got a phone call from them today, talked quite awhile. They're sending me a packet of asthma control information AND Weight Watchers meetings in my area with a letter. I'll attend my first meeting for free, will show staff my letter, and then I'll call my ins. nurse working with me again, tell her I'm interested in W. W. So the ins. co. will mail me 6-months of free weekly vouchers, as long as I continue to lose .5 Lb. weekly, I can stay in the W. W. program for free, for 6 months. Also, I don't get the e-tools or anything on-line, unless I pay out-of-pocket, but DH and I cannot afford that part. I'm very pleased, I'm sure I'll enjoy my first meeting and will call for the vouchers and attend weekly meetings for 6 months. I need to be very careful on portion control though, as this is what W. W. concentrates on now and moving. So this is a very good thing that happened to me today, I'm over-the-top with joy and excitement, and know that goal is within my reach now! I need to lost about 33 Lbs. to put me at 150 Lbs. and a healthy BMI. :idea: :D I'm so happy this ins. co. is the only one my primary doctor carries, too, or these good things wouldn't be happening to me or for me. I'm so impressed. :D
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:23 am

Yesterday's ex. Outside included a walk and making the bottoms of snow people create trails for the hens then I put feed on top of those hens loved it one way to prevent cabin fever for them in winter. Love the outside temps. Yesterday yea!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:49 pm

thank you d harmony... my d mom (who is a slip of a woman) eats veggies all the time.. she steams them and leaves them in her fridge.

my weight hasn't changed but some of my eating has even though its hard especially at night. I love crusty bread but over indulge on it and it isn't kind to me - I feel even more like a stuffed balloon. ;) giving up some of my dairy has been even harder as I love cheese. I thought eating and drinking dairy was mandatory for good bones and health but I did over eat it...

I am eating many more veggies and I eat so fast (I didn't think i did that much) that I get overstuffed very fast. But I will learn.

Lunches are easiest to be meat free and bread free. today I had tomato soup I made last night - easy - and 1/2 cup of left over rice I put in the soup. I am stuffed ... weird.

have a wonderful day everyone :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:38 pm

Ex. Today includes walking, yd. Work 2 rounds, one was filling in holes in the back yd. Also filling 2 trash cans of yd. Waste.
Stairs doing laundry.
Bs before dinner was 81 a perfect # I needed / wanted raisen bran so I am happy. H. Had leftovers.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:24 pm

I'm doing laundry, have eaten healthy all day, but never exercised. My lumbar's bothering me, where I have osteo at, so I've decided to do yoga before too much longer. :idea:

Being under the weather's taken the wind out of my sales. :( I hate to "Whine". :oops:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:19 am

great job on those blood sugars d nancy! the walk sounds lovely...
I do hope you feel better d ivy. great on eating healthy.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:25 pm

Bs was awesome this morning 91 yea. Heading out with the stroller for a walk in a bit for some exercise.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:43 am

I'm feeling better today because I realized my cold-virus bug (it must have been!) was feeling like it was going into my lungs. :( I used my peak flow meter, got a low reading, so used my rescue inhaler. My chest was hurting, so I decided to up my maintenance inhaled daily steroid from 2 puffs twice a day, to 2 puffs 3 times a day, for a week. My doctor allows me to do this, even if I need 2 puffs 4 times daily. So my chest felt better, I never had a fever today, and was able to exercise. :D (I took a little nap, too.)

I did calf/ankle/leg stretches prior to and after walking moderately to a bit faster than moderately, for 1/2 hour. I sure worked up a sweat and took a shower, after DH got home.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:05 pm

I was coughing a bit when I got up this morning.
Feeling better now.
Did not do outside ex. Yesterday
Nor the ex. Machines inside.

Today I did one round of leave raking filling 2 - 30 gal.
(I think) trash cans. Counting the for at least some of my ex. Today.

Return to “Healthy Habits”