Health and Fitness, March, 2014

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Health and Fitness, March, 2014

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:55 pm

March is here. How are those goals you were thinking of in January coming along? Remember, Just like 1/1 and Groundhog Day 2/2, March 3rd can be a fine time for resolutions! :lol: Any time can be our goal-setting time.

Lynlee reports that her last day of summer just passed, autumn arriving. Spring and autumn gift us with good outdoor weather for getting fresh air. Will you march outside in March? :D OKay and I march indoors, too, to walking workouts. Careful to start outdoor activities gradually. Spring is also the worst time of year for surprise back aches and pulled muscles. The garden needs work, perhaps, and we get a little overzealous! You're a VIP 8-) so start new outdoor activity a little at a time.

OKay

Re: Health and Fitness, March, 2014

Postby OKay » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:28 am

Posting in H&F to keep focus....even if it is a bit depressing....

The last 24 hours has been horrible health wise. I stopped tracking what I was eating and started eating everything in sight. Hunger had nothing to do with it. Treating myself with tantalizing tasting food had nothing to do with it. I just ate and ate and ate and ate for no logical reason. I'm not trying to be Debbie-Downer. Just admitting to my failure before starting again.

Once again.....I am tracking food, sleep, exercise minutes, healthy habits.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:41 am

Some of todays exercise snow removal.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:01 pm

13 K steps yesterday in Vegas. We were exhausted w time change and long day.

I think that was my best day ever.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

OKay

Postby OKay » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:14 am

Yesterday was a better day. My blunder is behind me and hopefully I will learn from it.

tracking nutrition, exercise & sleep

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:22 am

Yesterday I did my 30 min. On the gazelle.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:41 pm

Today 15 min. On exercise bike, plus doing floors.

OKay

Postby OKay » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:35 am

Still progressing the right direction. Weight was down this morning. However, I am finding this difficult to "keep on" trying instead of giving up and doing whatever I want.

Last night I took LO to his school to check if the basketball gym was open. It was! We played basketball (5 year old style) until LO asked to stop because he was tired. Mission accomplished. We both worked up a good sweat and had fun.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:57 am

I'm slow on the uptake. It is March!

Here's my post from March 2nd

Checking in from the treadmill.

Didn't get on it until bedtime yesterday and then only for 10 minutes. Still ended the day under 5K but that's ok.

aUnless I do about 15K today, I won't make my goal of an average of 7.5 per day. But I definitely won't make it unless I start off on the treadmill so I promised myself one mile on here or until "I really, really, can't be on it any longer or else I'll be late for church."

I'm really pushing with incline today since that gets my heart roaring.

And my post from March 3

Didn't get to do the second long run on the treadmill yesterday because of the fall. My plan had been to listen to my friend's church service while walking. Instead I did physio and icing while listening to it.

That plus lots of ibuprofin seems to have worked since I'm on the treadmill again this morning. It is a beginning of a new week and I'd like to average 8K steps a day this week. Last week I ended up with just over 7600 a day.

My knee is making its presence known but it isn't stopping me from at least getting in a mile. We'll have walking later today, doing groceries both here and in the US (doing a border run after choir.)

Today marks 2 days after the fall and I'm much stiffer. On treadmill but taking it easy again today. Which means I'm really just wasting my time (although less than if I was typing this from a desk.) My heart rate isn't up enough for either fat burner or heart strengthening. So really, why bother?

Did get the 10K steps yesterday without having to get on the treadmill at night but I spent some time going up (and down) stairs to get my 10 flights in. That fascinated me because on Sunday I had 15 flights in before lunch and couldn't recall how I got them so tested to see if the incline on the treadmill was giving me stairs as well (I get credit when I walk hills.) Nope, the stair count is based on height you go up (there's an altimeter thingy in my fitbit.) Since my body doesn't rise on the treadmill, no credit for incline work.

Now to read what you have been up to while I've been posting by myself in Feb's H&F!

Edited to add:

My weight is the same as when I got home (after I lost the water gain from flying.) So no change for the month. I really need to get back to tracking my diet but dh is not sleeping and compensating for that by eating comfort foods so my diet is awful.

I intend to give up soda with high-fructose corn syrup for Lent (and cane sugar sodas are rare around here) so that will make a difference of 6 WW points per day, although I'll probably drink at least 4 of those as I sub in juice.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:23 pm

Whopping 22,000 steps yesterday in Vegas, my Fitbit is on eastern time so 3k of those were after midnight the day before. My feet are a little achy, ibuprofen and adjusting laces seemed to help.

Today's walking is in airports along w 4 hrs in plane and a couple more hrs driving. I have a head start of 2K steps from last night.

At least I'm somewhat offsetting the bigger meals and drinks. :D
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Healthy Habits”