Health and Fitness, May, 2014

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Re: Health and Fitness, May, 2014

Postby Harriet » Sat May 31, 2014 11:35 am

Lynlee, thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about the muscle spasms and hope they are on the way out. Hoping ball helps with flexibility.

Grocery stores as stand-ins for fast food - good idea. While on a trip, there would be choices of fruits for hand-held eating that would help. Hadn't thought of tuna/cracker. They would have bottled waters to bring back to the car. That is available at fast food but at a premium price. You could visually judge some of the deli offerings that might be okay for on-the-go.

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Sat May 31, 2014 11:52 am

I'm with you lynlee abt keeping hunger at bay. I now walk around with a small amount...16... Almonds in a small baggy, plus I make sure to drink water.

I made it through the party last with good results. I did sample a small amount of a kale salad. I keep hearing about how good it is for you and my past attempts to make something failed miserably. Glad I did as it was delishious so I now have a new vegetable to eat. Also ate two tiny forkfuls of cake with most of the icing scraped off. My friend who has lost 60 lbs by eating no sugar wanted me to split a tiny piece with her since she brought the sheet cake.

The only other " bites" I had were two corn chips to taste my same friends bean dip which is something she has made for many many years. As we nibbled at our two chips we got to laughing... She looked at me and said.. I haven't tasted this in two years... I looked at her and said .. Me either. What a pair we make.

My same friend has kept her weight of for over a year and a half. It's fun to be around her when food is around cause it helps us both to stick to the plan. I usually eat out with her and other friends one to two times a month. She was the one who encouraged me to look at sugar and it's effects, and I am grateful that she did.
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat May 31, 2014 9:34 pm

bottled water is one of my must buys when I'm out, and I can't always take enough water for a long day on public transport etc, or forget. I keep a zip bag with teaspoons/ cutlery in my glove box great for yoghurt.

Speaking of regular eating - I'm late to eat breakfast so my head is aching. Must go and attend to that.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:42 am

I did 15-minute increments of 6 for my round robin today to = 90 minutes of activity.

Later, my timer was set for 45 minutes, DD called, on our/her cell, & I walked 45 minutes + 8 minutes to = 53 minutes. :P :o

How, I'm all sweaty & am heading to the shower. :idea: :!:

Hmmmm.... I "wonder" what my week's calorie king summary will say my waist measurement & weight are, compared to last Sunday morning. :) Hope it's good. I could use some good news on the exercise-weight-loss-waist inches front. ;)
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:28 am

Well my weight has been stuck for the last few days... At least it's nice to see it's not going up.

Ivy ... You have reminded me that I need to measure myself. Now if I can only remember where I put that information.

Okay it's great to see you've been climbing on your treadmill. I know you've mentioned some long phone calls in recent time to your mom and others. My phone calls to my mom last at least an hour and usually more. We don't am daily because of time differences. Now instead of sitting around when we talk, I climb on my gazelle and walk and talk away. Yesterday I talked to my mom and walked 2.5 mile. Win/win situation.

I am trying many new recipes to keep boredom from setting in. Last night a made a roasting pan filled with chix thighs, two kinds of bell papers, onions, and potatoes. I coated them with Tuscan bottled dressing, garlic and basil and baked the whole thing for 40 minutes... One word to describe how it taste... Yummmmie

I didn't eat the potatoes but could have everything else. Sweetie had ice cream for dessert. Because I'm not eating much sugar and knowing that research suggest the first two bites of any thing taste the best I had a rounded teaspoon. Believe it or not it satisfied my desire for something sweet. Anything with sugar in it now taste super sweet to me.

And to satisfy my some time sugar craving I have found a hot cup of orange spice tea does the job. So I've been reaching for tea bags not cookies. Also since I have a ... If I see it I want to eat it... I have put those types of food, cookies bread and such. Where they are not in direct sight when I go into the panty or open the refrigerator.

Boy that's been a big one for me ;)
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

Return to “Healthy Habits”