Health and Fitness, May, 2014

Share healthy living habits.
Cowinkie

Re: Health and Fitness, May, 2014

Postby Cowinkie » Mon May 26, 2014 10:46 am

I made it... YIPPIE. :lol:
Finally in my 130's ... I've been hovering above 140 for days. Have those migraines didn't help. I stayed on my plan, didn't use being sick as an excuse to eat what I shouldn't and stayed focused.

Last night we went out to eat. This place has a huge bowl of peanuts in shells to eat while waiting for your food. This time I brought my own almonds to eat while Sweetie munched on peanuts. I always carry my own salad dressing these days.... Use a clean pill container to keep it in... When I know we are going out to eat. Last night I had a chicken fajatia salad. I ate half of it, plus I drank water with lemon instead of diet soda. Can't drink unsweetened tea cause it will keep me up at night.

When I got on the scale this morning I didn't believe what it said so I reweighed myself again :)

I am proud of me.

Okay.. Just stayed focused. I find the digital scale has become a great motivator for me. I count every tenth of a pound loss a victory...
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

OKay

Postby OKay » Mon May 26, 2014 1:08 pm

Celebrating with COWINKIE!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Mon May 26, 2014 1:37 pm

Thxs Okay...

Made Sweetie blueberry zucchini bread.. Tasted the batter, which is a bad habit of mine when I cooked and immediately stepped back from the bowl. Closed my eyes, took a deep breath and visualized this morning's number on the scale. It worked .. Then focused on the urges when I was going to eat the batter again.

By doing this, here's what I learned... I like my fingers when I spill batter on them or spoons or such and things get messy. Didn't realize that, so I made sure I rinsed my fingers or grabbed a dish cloth to wipe up the messes. That worked too.

Now if I can focus when cooking and remember that lol

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Tue May 27, 2014 11:34 am

Well I'm getting closer... I'm only .4 lb away from winning my two dietbets and have 7 more days to do it. I am more than excited to see this downward trend on my scale.

We walked doggies last night and then because there wasn't much on tv I climbed on my gazelle and did two miles.

I thought of you Okay and your comment abt getting on your treadmill before you went to bed. Figured if you can do it, so can I ;)

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue May 27, 2014 12:06 pm

Cowinkie, you are doing great!

Drs. office called this morning. Dr. has been sick this last week. They wanted me to see the nurse practitioner, but I declined since I have thoughts of dealing with another problem and finding out about that other stuff that I don't think a nurse practitioner can help me with. Last week when I went for lab work I popped into the office and had them order me another week of meds, for which I paid a premium, being that it was only 7 days' worth. So, again I'm out tomorrow and she is calling another week in.

I feel as though I'm just barely hanging on (mentally) waiting for this appointment, and this sure doesn't help. Well, putting this in the big basket I've labeled "another thing gone wrong". I don't blame the doctor. We can't help it when we get sick.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 27, 2014 2:05 pm

back from my walk today

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Tue May 27, 2014 3:42 pm

oh big hugs Harmony... you sound like you could use a few ;-)

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue May 27, 2014 7:48 pm

Walked 40 - 45 minutes at Wal-mart today.

Am sticking to my diet, am within my normal caloric range.

Am busy doing laundry & light housework, to get in more activity.

My diet will change, somewhat, after upcoming dental work.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue May 27, 2014 9:39 pm

More big hugs to Harmony. You should be able to see the knowledgeable/aware person you expect to see, yes, and have a little control over that. Maybe with the prescription having to be done by the week they will make your next visit a priority.

Happy for you, there right on the verge :D Cowinkie!

Walmart is tough on me, Ivy - I just don't do well on that concrete floor and everything being so far apart, I guess. I don't feel too much discomfort in grocery stores, and they are concrete floored. Hmmm... ...

Yesterday my calories were up. But I had another 750-calorie day today, possibly because I was really coasting on yesterday's nutrition. Have not had hunger, so I'm going to count it good and head for bed. Actually, I think I'll amend that and say I'll go snack on a cucumber before bed, just because I'm not sure I got enough veggies.

OKay

Postby OKay » Wed May 28, 2014 10:16 am

(((Harmony))) Hang in there

I'm thrilled to be logging food again. It is empowering and energizing to actually follow through and **do it** instead of just wanting & wishing.

Scales are not going downward so I have adjusted the settings on MyFitnessPal website to not add calories earned from FitBit steps.

Keeping on....

Return to “Healthy Habits”