Health and Fitness June 2014

Share healthy living habits.
Cowinkie

Re: Health and Fitness June 2014

Postby Cowinkie » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:00 am

I am frustrated this morning ... Weight bounced up .8 lbs this morning, no reason why. Ate on plan, drank water and exercised. At this rate I won't win my dietbet... Not an option.

So I am off to the gym this morning. That's about all I can do. Not eating sugar or bread or starch. Can't change much. Will up water even more although I'm ate 70-80 ozs daily. I keep bouncing around this set point... Don't understand why but I'm not giving up.

I can tell a difference with my excercising. Stomach muscles much stronger and I find I am standing straighter and walking much better... This morning is an ab class at the gym then I'll get on the tread mill and put my miles in there instead of my gazelle....
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:00 am

I ate way too much yesterday - I had made lasagne for our supper and garlic bread and then there was peach pie with vanilla ice cream. Also didn't do so well on Saturday at at the luncheon. So today is getting back on track. I won't be able to weigh in on Wednesday evening - will see dsis on Wed and won't be back in time, but need to weigh in on Thursday a.m.

Had very short walk with ddogs, Macs isn't able to walk far. Will either go to YMCA or walk on treadmill upstairs today.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:30 am

Best wishes to you, Cowinkie. Don't know when your deadline is, but definitely take a day off exercise, or possibly two, immediately before the deadline so that muscles can release moisture they are holding from the stress part of the cycle of muscle exertion. They swell with moisture as they repair, then the rest time releases that excess.

Twins' Mom, so easy to have a day that just won't cooperate. You'll be back on track.

I've been waiting for normal!!! Spent so long expecting a trip, then made the trip with all the usual difficulties of staying on plan while hotel-skipping. First day we were back HRH's old asst manager spent hours here and I felt obligated to entertain (guests are usually right in the middle of our open floor plan, sigh). Then Sat dsecondmil and dstepfil visited plus we had driveway graveled. Yesterday church then Father's Day party, and HRH's friend stayed hours - now we find out that he "must" come back today because he left computer things here. (All he really wants is HRH's attention to computer doings. Sigh.)

I just wish I could say to the world, "okay, spread out!" :lol:

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:32 pm

Back on track with my regular walk schedule. :mrgreen:
Did that today.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:07 am

Found these simple printable workout calendars in different colors/designs if anyone would like a separate calendar - just add month and year. http://www.workout-calendar.com/

Dd15 says a gym experience would be nice, but obviously not in her price range :) plus there's no one to take her. Therefore she is stuck with "Mom's gym". :lol: I told her I will absolutely work out with her this summer if she wants. If she's going to seriously join me in T-Tapp, though, and I think she should, she needs more time with the Instructionals again to get better form. It's been a while since she did the basic moves and she's only watched the total workouts. She doesn't want to approach it with poor form. So we "read" (watched) the Instructional 2 today. I've got to scrounge around here and come up with Instructional 1 - it's around here somewhere.

And I'm sure she's ready for hula-hooping again as well - I might not join in with that except a little at a time! She knows she's got the elliptical if she wants time on that.

OKay

Postby OKay » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:49 am

I'm reading and cheering for each of your successes.

I'm still following healthy habits. Some better than others. I'm still logging food daily at MFP, walking on treadmill (limited), drinking water, etc. My weight is staying the same.

A week ago I found several sores or bites on the side of my foot. I don't know when they happened but when I found them they were inflamed. I've been giving TLC to them and they are slowly getting better. I am not wearing shoes/boots to keep from rubbing them. This has limited how far/fast I can walk but I am still keeping the habit of getting on the treadmill first thing of the morning. It's the habit that I fear losing more than the amount of miles walked (or not).

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:04 am

I'm beginning to feel like a Ping pong ball... I'm down 1.8 lbs, but am wondering what tomorrow will bring. Drank 100 ozs of water yesterday... That didn't include my 2 large cups of coffee and the same of tea.

Survives my gym class but I credit that success to my ab challenge. I have 100 sit ups to do today... Will do my class, coundt what I do there and then finish the rest afterwards.

Gotta get ready for class... Later taters :D
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:38 am

Time to myself seems to be a BIG factor in whether I have good follow-through with healthy habits. I'm noticing that more and more. When I have time to gently remind myself of habits, they always get done. But when things get busy, I am putting out fires and habits get lost in the shuffle.

Problem is, I want to assure healthy habits no matter WHAT the day looks like! (Or turns into.)

I've decided to add to my cardfile some cards that give me the ORDER through the day of all healthy habits. I may have 3 cards for Morning, Afternoon and Evening Habits Order. I know what I want to do - I just need the written sequence. No habit is ruined if it isn't done at an exact time. I just need help to notice what's been forgotten and add it in a timely manner.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:12 am

I am trying to figure out which 'spreadable' margarine to buy. Dh ends up getting the largest possible of the cheapest margarine when he comes in the spring. I know for pretty sure it's not the best bet. I did just read that when looking to look at the nutrition facts & add the numbers for saturated fat and trans fat which should add to 1.5g or less. At least that's something to go by. Was also looking at what ones are good for cooking. Know this one when I put it on veggies, I have to put it in the microwave & it takes forever for it to melt. That can't be good! I may end up just tossing this container if I get some I think we'd be better off with. We both take cholesterol lowering drugs and I want to help that all I can -both of our counts stay well below where they need to be thank goodness. But that's with meds. Dh doesn't really have a 'cholesterol problem' but because his arteries fill so rapidly and unexpectedly (mostly from his history of radiation and not because of cholesterol), they just want to be sure the cholesterol is out of the mix. He takes 1/2 a 10mg tablet a day since that's the lowest they can get. I take the 10mg. Would love to be off it or down to a 1/2 as well.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:26 am

I use either butter or coconut oil or combination for everything, so I'm no help, Dee. Well, we sometimes cook with olive oil. We do use an olive oil spray for pans sometimes.

Meant to say I hope OKay heals soon and can get back to shoe variety! Good job on sticking with morning habit.

And congrats to Cowinkie on what appears to be a one-pound loss over two days. Wonder if differences in sodium is driving the differences in daily weights? Still thinking there's some muscle water retention after heavy exercise as another explanation when there's gain.

Return to “Healthy Habits”