Health and Fitness June 2014

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness June 2014

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:29 pm

Got the other 5 mi. Done in the a.m. yesterday and a long walk too.

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:41 am

Did my abs class yesterday but the instructor focused on arms and quads.. Spent half the time with 5 lb weighs in each hand with arms. The rest of the class was working quads with same weights in each arm. Glad to do it, but came home really tired and figured I'd be very sore...however I'm not. Did bunches of crunches and stuff with 10 lb weights on my stomach.

Stayed on my plan. Cane tell by looking in the mirror my body is changing. It's exciting and I can't wait to see where all this work will lead me. Great motivation now that I can see and feel my body change.

Have monthly luncheon with my girls today... Luckily I can order the chicken salad. Eat half there and bring the other half home. Got my water ing too :)
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:41 pm

Did my walk this morning.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:28 pm

I was 177 Lbs. this a.m. If I lose 17 Lbs. I'll be 160 Lbs. & if I lose 27 Lbs. I'll be 150 Lbs. Dr. said to be between 137 - 160 Lbs. b/c that what his 2 insurance company slide round rules say for my age, height, etc...

Once I'm at 160 Lbs., I'll have lost 120 Lbs. since 1991 & if I make it to 150 Lbs., I'll have lost 130 Lbs. WHOLE PERSONS!

My triple chin is gone. My breasts & upper above the waist belly & arms are smaller. The feet & calves are smaller, but I still have a wide rear end, wide hips, big thighs, & that little saggy below-the-waist belly. I think, as I lose this little bit left, these parts of me will shrink up or be a saggy-shrunken look. :lol: Nonetheless, no "matter" what I look like, beneath my clothes, I'll be camouflaging, & the stress on FM muscles & osteoarthritis joints will be less. I'd rather vote for less pain than the "Twiggy" look. :idea: It's health that matters- not the svelte-look.

I just did housework & laundry for exercise today, for about 1 hour, roughly.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:00 pm

I am back from my walk went to a yd. Sale got a scooter bc H. Grounded me fro. Yhe skate board & dgson got off with the last one lol.

Trying to figure out what to do for our ann. & my 60th bday this yr. Limo ride maybe! :roll:

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:57 pm

Nancy ... I want a scooter. My son banned me from purchasing a motorcycle years ago. I always rode as a passenger for many many years, but when I got rid of my husband I lost my ride and I really miss it. I wanted to buy a small Harley but my son was really against it... He said... Mom there's a reason your nickname is Gracie. But hey I didn't promise not to buy a scooter :lol:

After I got dressed for the gym this morning I almost didn't go. The electricity went out around 4 this morning and I ended up working out in the yard. The temps were really high once the sun started up and I continued to work when I shouldn't have. Meaning I got overheated and that spells trouble for me.

I came insides to put my gym clothes on and knew I needed to cool my body down. I couldn't find my bathing suit fast enough so I dug around till I found my old one. I really didn't care what I looked like I just needed to get into the pool. Imagine my surprise when it FIT and looked good on.

I jumped into the pool to cool down. Course Willis wanted to join me. Swam around for a while till I felt better and then came in to change my clothes. Got my gym stuff on except for my shoes. Looked at them and though... No one will care if I don't go today and contemplated staying home, thought about some more and pushed myself to go. Glad I did.

My scale is acting weird... Every time I step on it I get a different weight. Batteries are good so think the scale may be toast. I've had it for ten years. Meant to buy a new one at w mart this morning but I forgot.... Darn.. Will buy one on Monday when I'm over that way.

Ivy ... You're doing a great job with your weight. Not sure I could have hung in there after so many years.

Already drank 60ozs of water and it's not even noon. Drank 36 ozs while in my exercise class. That aught to tell you something ;-)

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:16 pm

Cowinkie, You've drank a LOT of fluids. Is it really hot there, too? :?: Hydrating is good though. :idea:

On Sunday the 22nd, it'll mark the very last day/last page of my 10-week Calorie King Food & Exercise Journal recording. I get to measure my waist, weigh-in every Sunday a.m., & tomorrow's "different" because I'm summarizing the 10-week journey to find out what I've lost in inches in the waist & Lbs. on the scales in 10 weeks.

I had ups & downs, I know, I confess. I believe I'll only have lost about 4 Lbs., if even that, total in 10 weeks. I had 2 weeks, of a few evenings, where I ate emotionally, to relieve stress, which made my weight go up. :oops: I figured that the way to look at my past 10-week journey is:
1- I kept my journal logs EACH day. :)
2- I moved, most days, even if it was only puttering around the house, doing housework, lol & DW. :)
3- I didn't give up or throw away my journals. (I have 5 more to go, for 10-weeks each, into 2015!)
4- I decided to just stick with it, regardless if I had gains on some weeks. :idea:
5- I've been rewarded with smaller fitting clothes, being able to buy newer smaller clothes, & was able to get an ARC donation of too-large, but Very Nice clothes, together.
6- I've decided to keep on trucking into the New Year. I'll be 63 in January, would LOVE to be at goal by then, will keep using the Calorie King journals, & hope in 2015, he has a newer version out, b/c I'm using the 2014, currently.

So regardless of what my verdict will be in the a.m., if I've gained in 1 week or gained inches in my waist, I'll keep going forward. The thing is, I can't cave in now, I refuse to give up, I only have -17 to -27 Lbs. to go, & you never know! I might be able to attain it by Jan. 2015. :?: :!: :) ALSO, once I'm at goal, I will continue to count calories, for maintenance purposes. There have been way too many times in my life, where I get to goal, then stop counting W. W. Pts. or calories, & the weight inches back up on me. :shock: :( I don't want that to happen again. I'd like to be even more active, work on muscle strength & balance, & become a more fit lady in her 60's, than I am now. Just because you're slowly getting nearer to Medicare age, doesn't mean you need to give up health, fitness, & strength. You can run around with your toddler grands, etc... I'd love to get into gardening again, be able to paint a small bathroom, & just start trying new things again, as I did when I was younger. Being an empty nester, there are no kids here day in & day out, to interfere, so I can concentrate on a new life's experience. In closing, I'm looking forward to my future & my future health & body. It's hard, at time, yes, I admit, but it's so worthwhile, too. When we love ourselves, it's a good thing. :idea: (Don't mean to make this sound like a "sermon"!) :oops: :lol:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:34 pm

Ivy... I don't know about my weight because I'm highly suspicious that my scale has gone kafooy. One minute it shows my weight at one point, the next 3.5 lbs lighter. And although I would love to claim the lower weight, I know its wrong. I meant to by a new one this morning, but forgot it when in the store. I'll make sure I get it on Monday.

Monday is my measuring day. It's been two weeks and I hope to see some good results. :D

And yes it is hot here. Daily temps are around 108* I never leave the house without a water bottle or two in hand. Plus when I am in my abs class I sweat so much and get so thirsty that I usually end up drinking at least 3 16oz bottles of water, other wise I get cramps in all parts of my body....

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:25 pm

I only lose 3.8 Lbs. in 10 weeks, but had "challenging" days of a few binge eating evenings, I confess. :oops: Also, DH said at least I had a loss & did NOT gain! :)

But my waist lost TWO WHOLE INCHES!!!!! :!: How did THAT happen???? :?: I know it's a "good thing", but I'm so shocked! :shock: Is my fat turning to muscle (behind my back), although I'm not losing a lot, very fast? :?:

Since I'm 177.0 Lbs. now, my next 10-week goal is to lose 7 Lbs. & get down to 170 Lbs. I KNOW I can do this, if I work hard at it, too. It's a day-in & day-out journey that needs to be repeated & means my being faithful to it, too. I cannot do binges & expect to lose. :idea:

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:22 pm

That's a great report, Ivy. Your clothes will fit better.

Nancy is mistaken. She cannot possibly be nearing 60 already! :D I would say 40.

Best wishes, Cowinkie. Hope you find the scale you want.

This evening dd and I worked out together to the seminar DVD she's been watching to learn more. It's called Super Slow and takes 40 minutes to slowly instruct on moves that would usually take only 15 or so. She dropped out after part and I couldn't blame her - it really makes your legs start shaking to do those T-Tapp moves so slowly. I continued for the 40 minute workout, but I did take a break.

I really enjoyed it because it's something different to see a seminar atmosphere with lots of people in good moods, chatting, but serious.

Important to me to have an
"attitude adjustment" right now :| :idea: and work out more, take care of myself, get some worry out of my system.

Return to “Healthy Habits”