Health and Fitness June 2014

Share healthy living habits.
Cowinkie

Re: Health and Fitness June 2014

Postby Cowinkie » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:44 am

Yeah for okay... I hate it when I loose something. Thought I lost my new computerized car keys and hunt them for a week. Turned out they were in the bottom of a zip pocket in my purse. Pocket was black and so were the keys.. And I had checked in there many times.

A yeah for me.. I won my two dietbet and am down .8 lbs this morning. Don't know how much I've won but that doesn't really matter. I'm at my lowest weight in almost 3 years and am keep on keeping on ;D

I entered another bet which starts today. It costs $100 but I will use my winnings from the other bets so my cost should be low. I don't expect I will need to loose more than 5 lbs during the next month but that's certainly doable. I lost a little over 7 this month and 8 the month before so that means 15 lbs in the last two months. I am 7.2 lbs from another huge for me weight goal so I am aiming for that by July 1.

Next challenge... I am meeting friends for dinner tonight. I choose the place to eat because I can eat there and stay on my plan. ;D
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:01 pm

Twins...and any one else...

I know you do a lot of outdoor grilling so I wanted to share this with you.

I am now grilling my vegetables along with my meats and just love the results. I take what ever veggies I have in my house, slice them up, stick them in a container with a little olive oil,balsamic vinegar and spices..like basil, garlic, salt and pepper. let them sit for about fifteen minutes, place them in my veggie grilling basket and cook them on med high for about 10-15. The results are a mazing.

Last night I cut up two types of squash, onions, red and yellow peppers and asparagras. I grilled enough for two meals. Boy do I love the stuff. Sometime I use tomatoes and sometimes I just grill on type of veggies...and I've been known to grill corn as well.. I never get tired of doing this and I am now dreading the end of the summer LOL

OKay

Postby OKay » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:08 am

Grilled vegetables .... OH YES!! Just the thought and memories of how the flavors are intensified makes me want to run out and start the grill right now. Thanks for that reminder Cowinkie, I haven't grilled much lately and need to fire it up.

I'm back to tracking. Yesterday stat's =
10947 = steps
1176 = calories
90 = oz of water
7 hr 17 minutes = sleep

Keeping on.....

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:57 am

Yd. Wk. & walk = ex. Today.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:33 pm

I haven't finished journaling meals for yesterday and I'm not sure what to even put down for the fabulous dinner. Had two glasses of wine, a few bites of a smoked trout bruschetta, a caesar salad (not dripping in dressing either) and about 1/2 of a small thin crust pizza with mushrooms, truffle something or other and mozzarella cheese. OTOH, I was under on my pts for Monday and Tuesday so I'm equating it to Harriet's low, low then higher calorie technique.

I did weigh in at WW before going to dinner. 1.3 pounds up from end of April when I was last there. I was gulping down water all afternoon yesterday because I was out in the heat in and out of the car so I good with it.

Cowinkie - yes, I do grill veggies sometimes. Should do more often instead of heating up oven to roast veggies, and I bet the balsamic vinegar adds to the taste. Will try it!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:34 pm

Well after three intense weeks of staying strictly on my eating plan, I decided to give myself a half a day off. I didn't exercise either...

So yesterday along with what I was suppose to eat I allowed myself...a real diet coke, four cookies, and a heavenly piece of bread. Not all at once of course :lol:

It was easy to see how this type of eating would quickly change the course of my program resulting in an upward trend of my scale.

But fear not, I am back on track this morning....I need to lose 5.5 lbs in order to win my $100 bet. However I am shooting for 7.2 lbs which will send my scales down into the 120's. I can do this, I can do this, I can do this... LOL
Last edited by Cowinkie on Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:38 pm

Just read your post Twins...

Red wine has far less sugar than white. On Jorge Cruse's no-sugar plan you are allowed 2 glass of red wine every night, or...on square of chocolate that is 72% or more to the dark side. I love being able to do either and the chocolate really satisfies my sweet tooth.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:25 pm

Drs. appointment today. My urinalysis came back ok. I asked her what could have caused that blood in it the last time, and she said it was either a false positive test result or just a cell got through...whatever in the world that means... She said if it had shown up again she'd have had to order some scans to rule out cysts, tumors, stones.

Anyway, we had nice chat about my lack of coping ability these days. She ordered 2 meds for me to try...and wouldn't you know the darn insurance refused them and the pharmacy is checking on it. I really hate this insurance company. Thank goodness I'll be changing in August.

OKay

Postby OKay » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:09 am

Twins - IMHO you have done awesome to maintain weight while juggling the trips & your many responsibilities. That one pound gain could all be water. Do you have a goal for this month?

Cowinkie - I am enjoying watching your success! YGG!!

Harmony - I'm glad your test came back clear this time. I hope the doc & insurance company will soon agree on your meds. (((Harmony))) Hang in there GF!

Yesterday stats were not so good, but the scale went down .4 this morning anyway
1598 - calories
5941 = steps
140 = oz of water (it was hot outside!)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:04 am

Okay, thank you so much for pointing that out! I'll have my chest puffed out all day now. :D

Goal for June? Just to lose a little every week? We have a "calendar" type event (large wedding, cocktail attire) on July 5. I'm not ambitious - we do a lot of socializing and that also plays havoc with my eating plan. But OTOH I must learn to eat well (healthy, w/o denying myself) at events. I'll set a 5 lb goal.

Must also integrate exercise into the picture!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Healthy Habits”