Health and Fitness July 2014

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Health and Fitness July 2014

Postby Harriet » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:54 am

It's the half-way point of 2014!

Time to give ourselves pats on the back for healthful eating, increased activity, getting back to postponed check-ups, meeting goals.

Time to revisit specific resolutions we made at 2013's end, or other dates.

Time to share here goals to meet by or during 2014, and plans for consistency over the NEXT 6 months.

Time to plan record-keeping of the things we find important to our physical well-being.

A vital mind-body connection to reconsider is our habits. Many of the things we do right now as daily routine may be because our bodies get started on it while our minds aren't even engaged, so lets notice them and make sure they pass muster. If there is a habit, make sure it is a POSITIVE one or transform it!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness July 2014

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:42 am

Working in some a.m. ex. This mo. As well as a p.m. walk
Got some weeding done yesterday.
Today tree branches to deal with loading small one in the utility trailer. Did one round of that.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:29 pm

This crisis with the malfunctioning Fitbit One seems to have been resolved. No more gratuitous sets of stairs for me, lol. I'm considering tomorrow's weigh in as the "end of June" for my June 5 pound loss. I only need .4 lb to make it a five pound loss for June.

I'll go for another 5 lb loss in July. We have some scattered social events but no large trip planned.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:34 pm

Nancy, I guess when tree limbs fall, they do offer some exercise opportunity! Be careful.

Twins' Mom, congratulations on your June weight loss.

My report from the first 6 months of 2014 would be a lot more certain if I had kept good records! I let that slide some, I fear. But I am going to try to make RECORD-KEEPING a high priority for the second half of the year.

I did print out a "My Workout Schedule" blank calendar page for June. I like those. I chose the wood floor background (like a workout room floor I guess). Maybe next time the island with palm tree. 8-)

Last week I see that I put in more formal workout hours than I have in a long time, partially due to misunderstanding the length of the long workout. :oops: It was almost 4.5 hours last week.

PLAN :idea: - for the last half of 2014 I plan to go back to 3 Full workouts every week, with days off in between. And always at least one of them will be a Total workout. ("Total" is a T-Tapp phrase for doing all the rehabilitative moves in the correct order. "Full" might be a workout that's just as long or hard, but isn't necessarily the rehabilitative work in total.) I also plan to commit to one per week of those being a floor workout. Very glad to have the slow and calm new DVD for that in the mail to me now, to be sure to start a new floor work program thoughtfully.

Anyway, this probably means about 2.5 hours or more of the SERIOUS CINCHING STUFF :D per week. After doing a similar 3xweek schedule for that year from bday 50 to bday 51, I looked considerably better in my clothes than now!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:46 pm

Walked 3 miles today outdoors.
Tomorrow is another day.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:20 am

[color=#800080]I continue to lose weight on the Gastritis Diet. I usually follow it faithfully, but do encounter occasional slip-ups, pay for them with a bit of symptomatic discomfort, so get right back on the diet again.

I've used doing housework, laundry, and dishes a LOT for activity and exercise lately. For instance, my buns hurt a lot! :lol: So I must be doing "something" right? :?: Also, clothes in smaller sizes fit now and the other clothes fit better or are a bit looser.

The main point is that I feel good, have energy to do physical things, take care of myself and I think that's important. I sleep well, too. :D I'll be on the Gastritis Diet for 6 more weeks, then will stop the generic Prilosec, to see how I "do". If I get the Gastritis symptoms again, I'll get one of the available H. Pylori tests done.

Here's to Happy Health for us All! :D
[/color]
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:03 pm

Drink water! ---》Habit to focus on today.
Did more tree branch clean up today.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:33 pm

walked 3 miles outdoors
Tomorrow is another day.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:30 pm

[color=#800080]Did 10 minutes of yoga/Pilates moves, did stretches and rode my recumbent stationary bike 1 mile. (I'm taking it slow because of the ankles). My PT and Podiatrist, both, said to slowly build up. My ankles feel fine tonight. :D [/color]
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:02 pm

lucylee, have you been at 3 miles recently, or is this an increase for you?

Completed the Total workout this evening. Dd joined for the primary stretch part only. Sitting here with my water, sweating. Shower time.

So both Mon and Wed have had serious formal exercise. One hour and 50 mins so far this week. If the package comes by Fri, before I work out, I will definitely "read" the instructional DVD and, if possible, try to do it either Fri or Sat for my third workout this week. If not, I'll choose something else for Fri and then just "read" it, plan on working it in next week.

I took my measurements this morning for first of month. (Thought about Twins' Mom also choosing today for record-keeping. Since June was a "short" month in a way, making notes on the 2nd is as wise as the 1st. And it worked out with my exercising to do it this way. ) Had a slight panic when I couldn't find my binder. But after 10 min looking realized HRH had put it into a box on the other desk, which he probably told me about. This is symptomatic of my lack of attention lately to record-keeping. Needs to be corrected ASAP.

Return to “Healthy Habits”