Health and Fitness, August 2014

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness, August 2014

Postby Nancy » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:37 am

I had a low bs was #45 that kicked my but t at 5:45 got up delt with that and then the fed the hens. Time to do my a.m. pages aka journal.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:04 pm

((Nancy)) Sigh. Glad dh is around to check on you. Will you just take this in stride and continue and hope it will level out eventually?

Red onions are hard on me, FFriend - I think they are often the worst of all the onion varieties. There are two places that taught me this. Of the fast-food chains it is Hardee's (Carl's) that uses red onions, so I just don't chance it with them and always say "no onions". Grocery store deli items such as pre-made salads or sandwiches will often use the red onions. I actually tried to get my fav grocery to switch to another onion and they said nope, that's what all their recipes call for, because they want to get the color. In a salad, you can't pick that out - it is just not feasible, so, too bad.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:43 pm

Nancy ... Glad you were on top of things. Sounds scary to me.

I can eat onions just not many at one time. Have to be careful with them because believe it or not onions have
sugar in them.

My gut still can't figure out what it wants to do so I am still eating easy. Trying to drink fluids in any form that my body will accept and that won't make my stomach hurt. Tea seems to be my best option at the moment.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:28 pm

DH and I talked food choices and restaurants over. We decided that almond chicken with Emperor's rice was the best bet. No spices, very small amounts of very small green onions in the rice. Can pick around them.

Ham strings are causing problems. I don't know if it's from my ottoman and chair, from bending over the other day, searching through the bag on the floor, or exactly what. Did some stretches this morning, to help with the discomfort. So far, so good.

Eating's on track, so far today, but have ONLY had breakfast! :lol: The "challenge" time is from 7 p.m. on to bedtime. :roll:
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:00 am

Ci -had a hi #428 last night after very lg. Brownie unfrosted no carb info. on the wrapper. :roll:
Low again today #65 not as bad. Had cheesecake for breakfast. ( At three p.m. reading #106 so no insulin needed. )
At least it is not boring. LOL!

I started my food med. Log.
Harriet yep just keeping on keeping on. Thinking of 70/30 insulin dson used to use and trying to remember how he dosed with that might try to get some of that but I do not mind doing 2 shots if needed with diff. Kinds of insulin. Morning readings are better than I had with the other long term insulin I was using.

Ex. Yesterday was yd. Work in the a.m.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:09 pm

C. I. I did well on my eating yesterday. Did NO evening snacks! :P I walked 30 minutes, did LOL, and was active, too. :mrgreen:

Today I'm off on the right foot, too. ;)
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:52 pm

Well I have a headache this morning... Which means I'll have one for most of the day, but was able to eat chicken last night. Had an egg and toast this morning. Need something in my stomach for when I take my meds.

Will push through the day and drink plenty of fluids.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:13 pm

Nancy, I wish you success getting that all straightened out, and a plan of action that works. Cowinkie, you sure keep on keepin' on with the headaches and all.

Yeah, stress sure messed me up. I don't "feel" as stressed right now, but one can't always go by their feelings. I know there is still plenty of stress in my life.

And I sure am tired of feeling ill. Apparently UTI is much better. I still have a couple days of antibiotics to take. I have some symptoms of that flu hanging on, can't do much about that.

I have lost a total of 4 lbs. since watching my weight again. I thought it would come off quicker / easier but I haven't been moving around a lot either.

And about moving, I have a question to those of you using pedometers. How do they measure steps? Is a right foot left foot considered one step or two? Whichever way it is I know I'm not getting many steps in.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:08 pm

New jeans in same size as old ones same brand do not fit gr-r! Now I have to take them back. I have to try on bras too.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:17 pm

I checked on theold style 70/30 insulin is avalible for $25.00 A vial so I will get some of it later maybe next for next mo. for now I need to stay with this I can not tweak to much at once.

Shoulder is sore again now.

Had Arby's french dip for lunch.

Return to “Healthy Habits”