Healthy & Fitness - September 2014

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Healthy & Fitness - September 2014

Postby Nancy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:40 pm

I have vits out as a reminder for my 2:00 Rx dose. To ask myself at three when I feed hens if I have taken it.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:45 pm

Yup Harriet, slipping clothes on gives me a much better idea of how far I have come. I can look in the mirror and see my change of life results, but its hard for my brain to compute what it is seeing. This has happened several times in my life when I have lost large amounts of weight. My clothes make the reality of my effords feel more real.

I have a WooHoo...I have now offically lost 27lbs. I haven't been this weight since 2004. See me smile :D :D :D

Still have 6 lbs to go to reach my ultimate goal and know this will be a tuffy. The weight is not coming off as easily as when I started. I understand all the whys so I'm ok with it. I just have to remain focused and stay on plan. I can do this, I can do this, I can do this....

Ya'll have tought me to record my daily progress. Just wish I had been doing it all along. I have been tracking the miles I walk ...not including regular walking around doing house work or such..but the combined time spent in milage walking the dogs plus on my gazelle. Yesterday I clocked in 9 miles...two when I walked my pup...our course is a mile and I walked Willis twice...plus 7 miles on the gazelle. Six were accomplished while talking to my mom on the phone...it was a marathon 3 hour converstation. ;)

Any time I find myself talking to someone on the phone I climb on my gazelle..samething goes when I'm watching Perry Mason. Its easy to do and I get the benefit from both. Its a win/win thing.

LadyM...its good that you are tracking your treadmill results. Are you planning on increasing your monthly milage by a certain percent???

Its fun to see all the positive monthly health goals that are now showing up...Way to Go to ALL OF US don't ya think ;)

Yeah Nancy...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:47 pm

Been working on my closet and am so happy with my results as much of my "some day" clothes fit. My wish for ya'll is that you can feel has happy when you reach your goals as I am at the moment. :D

And though everything is fitting rather well, its easy to see that I need to start working on some body exercise. That will certainly improve the way my clothes look. My body isn't what it used to be 10 years ago.... :lol:

I'll tell ya all a secret... I have a beautiful diamond belly button ring that my son gave to me for my 51 birthday. I've never taken it off and I can finally see it again :lol:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:23 pm

It has been a productive month for me.

1. I did turn my stinkin thinkin around. It is amazing what a stupid book on how to not look old can do. I spent time mocking most of it but putting small things into practice, mainly focusing on makeup and hair and thinking more about my clothes. Have yet to actually get around to putting on nail polish. A couple of days of feeling well turned out helped my mood a lot.

2. I started MyFitnessPal 23 days ago. I thought it was stupid. I was wrong. In the past week, I've stopped bothering with my written food diary since it doesn't make sense to track it in two places. I still think in terms of WW points so when I'm out, I'm adding those in my head. But I don't write those down, I use MFP instead. It takes a bit more time but I think it is more accurate in the long run.

3. I had 8 oz of Dr. Pepper today and 12 oz of Pepsi earlier this month but aside from that abstained from HFCS in drinks. I no longer like the taste of Pepsi but unfortunately, I do like Dr. Pepper.

4. I'm moving a lot more, probably 2000 steps more a day on average. And this week will be insane because of the moving. I'm at 27/70K steps already and it is only day 2. I haven't biked in a few days (too busy) but I can keep going walking which is nice. I joined a gym today so that will add swimming and eventually weights and yoga.

5. I flirted with changing the eating pattern with the Now Eat This books. Wouldn't follow the diet but I have implemented some of his cooking techniques and am thrilled with the results. He really does make cooking easy and flavourful.

6. This week has been crazy so I'm living on Stouffer's frozen dinners (portion control) and Subway. I'm working hard on improving my snacking this week and made small progress, mostly with making sure I have soda water with me at all times. I will get back to cooking in a week. I have to - I have two entertainment meals coming up next week.

7. One of the highlights of this month has been reading Drop Dead Healthy (not finished it yet.) It makes me laugh, think and move. His is a long-term process (the book is written over 2 years) and I love watching him slowly get more fit and listen to him talk about what is working and what isn't working. He does comment on how the project is consuming so much of his life and is not sustainable. I look forward to reading what changes he did keep and what he gave up.

8. My weight has started to go down (it was up at the first of the month.) So far, I've lost 5.5 pounds from my highwater mark at the beginning of the month. Only 9 more months as productive as this and I'll be approaching my goal weight.

I look forward to next month and seeing what the gym does for my energy levels and weight loss.

Return to “Healthy Habits”