Healthy & Fitness - October 2014

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Re: Healthy & Fitness - October 2014

Postby Harriet » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:49 pm

FFriend, I have been thinking about this nurse. She wore what the whole staff was wearing - white with teal. But her actions were crazy-making. She kept interacting with me before my appointment as she rushed past. The first time, as I was reading a magazine and she came by, suddenly she was tapping my magazine page (right in front of my face) with her glasses, to point out a photo she saw, and I remember I physically jumped.

I know it's silly, but she was silent except for that and I didn't know she was there, plus her glasses were cheetah or leopard print, very wide sunglasses-type, and it took me a second to think what that was! The photo was on the left and I was reading something completely different on the right. The photo was an advertisement of a pumpkin pie with lots of whipped creme and she was commenting on "my" recipe I was reading, but I wasn't. She was so loud talking, and saying that recipe was not healthy. Sigh.

Then she said come get my bp taken, but changed her mind and said, no, go to get weighed first in a different direction, but no, had I emptied my bladder, well then, no, go to bathroom down the hall first and she would wait on me. I remember feeling rattled!

But HRH pointed out that I was so tired that morning and that that might have to do with it.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health & Fitness - October 2014

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:30 pm

I had my walk inturupted then finished most of it had dh drop me off at my turn around spot on the way back from an errand so I could resume my walk. We got the jeep lisc. Plates but the property tax office was closed already so I have to go back to do that, the farm lisc state web site it not functioning, ack so we are a bit snippy when he said he needed me to help I groaned bc I have been to that site it is only marginally better than early days of Obamacare! Ack! Is there a name for state & govt. bs stress?
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:35 pm

Harriet , That nurse shouldn't be good to keep somebody's blood pressure DOWN. I wonder if she had way too much coffee????

I ate healthy today, all day, don't "feel like" snacking this evening, as we had a late dinner.

I did well on my exercise and activity today, too. It's 7:34 p.m. here and I've gone 12,347 pedometer steps. (I've walked 1 hour today).

I drank a cup of International Coffee this afternoon, then saw an "aura" and got a migraine headache. I don't know why this happened to me, I rarely have migraines, but somebody told me how coffee and caffeine can cause a migraine to happen. Is this true with you, too, RRose ?????
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:35 am

End of the month healthy habit review.

1 - drink Water - Successful. This is almost automatic. I rarely drink less than 100oz a day. It will be interesting if it remains as easy since our hot temps are going away.
2 - Plan meals - Successful. I must remain vigilant and work at this habit daily. Success starts with having a weekly meal plan, but I don't assign meals to a day until 24-48 hours out because of activates. Having a well stocked pantry and freezer makes pulling meals together much easier.
3 - Fruits - Successful. Usually 3-5 servings of fruit daily. Still working on learning proper portion size.
4 - Vegetables - Successful. I'm tracking this on a spreadsheet. I usually eat 5-8 vegetables a day.
5 - Fast. Needs improvement. My goal is to fast from 6pm to 6am. This translates into no late night eating.
6 - Stop eating before full. Successful. As I learn portion size it is becoming easier. It is rare that I'm stuffed. I don't like that feeling.
7 - Weigh myself daily. Total success. I give credit to the digital scale for this. If I am afraid of what the scales will say - I don't have to look. They automatically record it.
8 - 10,000 steps minimum - Needs work. However, I am very pleased with my progress, but I have a way to go still.
** 6255 = Aug 2014 average daily steps
** 6681 = Sept 2014 average daily steps
** 8020 = Oct 2014 average daily steps
9 - Chew gum. Successful. I order gum from Amazon and have it on Subscribe & save. We always have my favorite gum handy.
10. Below 1200 calories daily. Failure. However, I'm not giving up on this.
11. Record positive, blessings & successes. Needs improvement. I miss not posting more frequent with SHE friends. I need that.
12 - Sleep 7 hours daily. Success! I am over 7 hours average sleep.
13 - Laugh - have some fun! Success. Laughter is contagious.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health & Fitness - October 2014

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:10 pm

Harriet at least now you know your #'s on the upper end for you. I close my eyes and focus on my breathing and when I sit in that room I calm myself and can bring bp down by doing that.

Lovely weather time to think about a walk later on this afternoon. X
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:10 pm

I walked 1/2-hour at 2 stores, slowly, but at least I did it, at a slow-light pace.

DH started the DW, so when it's done, I'll be doing some LOL, to add to activity, too.

I plan to stretch, do yoga moves, and putter around in the house today.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:29 pm

I'm walking 10 minutes per pen pal letter I'm writing tonight, to catch up with pen pals before the busy weekend.

I know it's not exactly "healthy", but--- DH and I ate chicken pot pies, made from the store's deli dept. and they were very delicious, without that funny "after taste" you get from store-bought freezer ones you bake in the oven. I presume the "after taste" is from all the preservatives in them? :?:

Return to “Healthy Habits”