Healthy & Fitness - October 2014

Share healthy living habits.
FelineFriend

Re: Healthy & Fitness - October 2014

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:44 pm

Kathryn, That's a good idea :idea: to use your 2-hour wait in the morning, swimming.

I didn't know that about flying and weight gain.

But I do know how eating out affects my weight. :( I wonder if it's because of more sodium or larger portion sizes. :?:

I forgot. I need to run and take my gen. Zantac and eat dinner.

Oh, I forgot to exercise, but was super busy today with the house cleaning, etc... I might walk this evening, so I sleep real good again. :idea:
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:04 pm

Back from my walk.

I need to exercise my back muscles. I can do modified pushups on the Total Gym aka Chuck Norris work out machine I will elevate the settings soon also.

Thinking what to have for lunch & dinner.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:04 pm

I drank almost a gallon of water today... It's hot outside... Plus I am going to my body combat class tonight. Joined in with a bunch of friends to do several 30 day challenges. They are doing swats... It was day three an 60 were required. You don't have to do them all at one time.

I started doing the push-up challenge... The real kind not the girlie ones and discovered I can do way more than what was required at the beginning. I was quite surprised at that... Anyway I did those as well. Need to work on upper body strength for the feb challenges. Squats will address some of the leg work I need to do.

Haven't a clue what my weight is, but I'm not stepping on the scale till monday. Five days worth of migraine meds play havic with my weight so why get discouraged just keep on keeping on and stick to the plan

Nancy how do you like the machine you are using???
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:03 pm

I like the gazelle the best, ex. Bike is a nice change up too and the total gym for floor rowing type stuff not so fun but needed and great for arms especially in during bad weather.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:59 pm

As I mentioned in J and C, HRH had lots of tests done by new doctor regarding kidneys, but all negative for various maladies. Back to the understanding that stones and some blood sugar elevation over the years have been the only culprits. But he was so complimented by the doctor about trying to have veggie-based meals often, that he now sees it as more of an imperative. Dr thinks it is great for kidneys - the way of eating he recommends.

Bought another magazine with veggie recipes today. HRH sees the value, but he is still a picky eater, so it's not just as easy as trying a new recipe and springing it on him. He's very suspicious of taste blends (as in casseroles or skillets) and wants to amend the recipes himself if there are things he doesn't care for.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:46 pm

Hi! :D Yesterday, I joined http://www.presidentschallenge.org & it's sure working for ME! :mrgreen: I did 60 minutes of housework (or MORE) & walked 11.156 steps! I was "wondering" why I was getting so TIRED AND ACHY! :oops: :shock: Then, when I looked at my pedometer, I about fainted! I logged the amount, then took it off. I didn't want the "temptation" to go more-more-more being there anymore! :lol:

My weight was only up .5 Lbs. this a.m., but it's still down from Sunday, by about 1.9 Lbs., so that's really good for me.

RR, WTG on those push-ups! :!:
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:14 am

After hitting that big number earlier in the week, I'm now at the lowest weight I've seen since I started tracking.

Just need to continue eating well.

Challenges ahead - we will have house guests sat afternoon until Tuesday.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:43 am

Yesterday ...
I drank a gallon of water :o
Did 60 squats
Did 10 real pushups
Did 20 situps
And went to my combat class and sweated like a pig :D

Oh, and ate on my plan ....

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:58 pm

I have wts. And I am thinking I can do some wts. For back exercises w those.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:48 pm

Nancy... I am adding weights to my routine as well. I do have a bar that weights can be added to...the bar its self weighs close to 15 lbs so I can start off working with just that. Plus I have hand weights ...2,5,8, and 10 each. Oh, and a bench, not a workout one, and a big ball I can substitue as a bench.

Just have to figure out a routine, start and stick to it. I think you're smart to work with weights. Many studies show as we age, especially for women, weight training is very beneficial to our bodies.

My mom was a runner till she turned about 79. Ran 5 days a week 3-5 miles a day. Then she had to give it up when she started taking care of my dad. She's almost 87 and going strong. However for the past several years she has had difficulties with her balance. I think part of it is because she never really worked her core muscles. Since I seem to inherit all of her health problems I am concentration on mine.

Return to “Healthy Habits”