Healthy & Fitness - November 2014

Share healthy living habits.
Twins' Mom

Re: Healthy & Fitness - November 2014

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:30 am

WTG, Kathryn - when do the results from the tick test come back? Do you still have to hold your breath or can we exhale with you yet?

I'm more conscious of trying to get in steps, but typically of the weekend, got in fewer steps than I do most weekdays. Ddogs only got one walk yesterday - but Moses had a doozy of a walk - almost 5K steps and 21 floors walking this neighborhood.

My weight has trended back up from hitting a low the day before our dfriends arrived a little more than two weeks ago. Focus, focus.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:37 pm

This whirlwind weekend sent me up 1.4 pounds. That's actually not as bad as it could have been. There is a lot of sodium when trying to provide for guests, especially children. I'm thinking it may subside quickly. But I also know that I had a slice of cheesecake and let's be honest - that's just excuse-proof. LOL. (Dsonil's bday cheesecake was just a few slices for those who would like it, not a whole one. In that way, we were wise.)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:04 pm

I have done legs on gazelle ~ arms done on total gym.
I did my full circuit yesterday.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:37 am

After day one, I'm in the last or next to last place in the fitbit workweek challenge. OTOH, I got in my 10K steps yesterday so it was a successful day. THe leader, after one day is at 29K steps.

Weight down a little from the high pt earlier this week. I keep gaining/loosing the same 5 pounds.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:26 pm

I have done 10 mi. On the ex. Bike. Gazelle next up and the total gym still to do. Total gym is helping. My arm shoulder and back my waist line too but still need to gdt a few lbs off so pants fit better.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:26 am

I walked, stretched, marched, did housework today, and ate healthy, stayed within a healthy calorie range, for me, and have NOT snacked, since dinnertime. It is now 9:25 p.m. I am not "hungry" or nor do I have any "emotional-eating" intentions this evening. I'm busily working on snail mail, then shall write tomorrow's PODA and read, prior to bed. I've gone 12,993 steps so far, I don't go to bed for 2 hours and 10 minutes, so I'll get in more steps. By logging my activity and exercise at The President's Challenge, I find it very, very motivating to earn points toward goals of attaining medals. It's super for me, anyway. I tell all my friends, and they're interested, too, in joining. :mrgreen:
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:58 am

Second day of five day Fitbit challenge and I am third from the bottom of seven. OTOH, I have gotten in 10K steps each of the last two days so that is a big sucess for me, whether I'm "competing" or not.

Sigh. Must start eating healthier. DH wanted pizza last night when we got home and of course I couldn't stop at a reasonable portion.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:44 am

Breathe.

Breathe.

Just make it through this crazy busy time without major health mishap.

Counting on healthy habits to carry me through.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:18 pm

Lady M you have been on my mind. I noticed you did check on us yesterday and it made me feel better.

Steps - Those doing almost 30 thousand steps really are not candidates for a competition of steps, IMO. Their lives are completely different from others. Maybe their job is walking, such as reading meters or urban delivery or something! Gee, don't compare yourself against that!

I had had no symptoms of my leg pain for a long time, all through the hectic weekend, for instance, and well back before. Went to the grocery yesterday and halfway through the aisles felt it starting up. :( I believe if I never encountered concrete (or intense days on my feet such as the Ren Faire day) it simply wouldn't happen.

A competing healthy foods store has opened in the next town, not at all too far to drive, in fact only a mile beyond dd's weekly youth group meeting. This is the same chain for which dsecondbil works as an expert in organic meats. He has shared enough info about what I'll find there that I am interested to try it out. So far, the parking is still too tight. They say that at first when one car left a space, an employee would wave the next car into the lot. People are really interested in healthy foods these days. Anyway, I am waiting for the "new" to wear off ... ...

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:12 pm

My scales are reading the same...no ups or downs which at this point is fine for me. I wondered how hard it would be to maintain...I have to pay attention and focus on good things to eat.

I have added oatmeal with a few dried cranberries to my breakfast. I needed a change of pace and it hasn't effected my weight nor my appetite.

Hiked ten miles with a group of friends on Sunday on the desert floor and then another mile that night with the pups. Am adding free weights with a routine that should just take 15 minutes and of course I keep my gazelle moving most days.

Thankfully my son likes to eat healthy so our Thanksgiving meal will be easy. Just cooked fresh veggies, turkey and some stuffing. He wants a cheesecake instead of pie which works for me.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Healthy Habits”