Healthy & Fitness - November 2014

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Re: Healthy & Fitness - November 2014

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:14 am

Happy because I learned a new "tweak" for a move in my Total workout today. Hmmm... ... had a little pain in a shoulder, too, but that's more likely due to all general activity rather than the workout. Otherwise it felt good to get that hour under my belt when generally I've been doing shorter times.

I have been able to positively affect my leg pain, which happens after long periods standing, by getting into T-Tapp stance (probably the specific help is the tucking the bottom under to change the curve of the spine). Have tried that in concrete-floor stores with good results.

I wanted to recommend the Tasty Bite pouches of Indian dishes, which can be so easily microwaved in the pouch with no fuss. The Vegetable Korma and the Jaipur Vegetables, for instance, are so good over rice. I can eat half the pouch with rice for one meal and mix the remaining half with rice, refrigerate, and the next day it seems to taste even better. A very good meatless meal, although I must admit HRH doesn't enjoy them as much as I do - he has the feeling they are "hot" because of the curry taste, I suppose. I don't find that they bother me at all. I told him he should look up some recipes and make his own replicas to his own taste.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:46 pm

Sweeping leaves and raking straw has been my ex today. Toddler n is ill and at her granny's I am a bit releaved.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:31 am

Walking 90 minutes today, doing 2 LOL, and light housework were my exercise for today. I've gone 10,063 steps, it's 9:30 p.m., and I don't go to bed until 11:30 p.m. or later, so I'll get more steps in, too.

Plan on getting eating turned around tomorrow, too. Wasn't too bad today, for a change, too. :mrgreen: Have a mid-December weigh-in for an appt. to get thyroid level results, etc... I want to lose a couple Lbs. before then, too. :idea:
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:17 am

I seem to be capable of one goal at a time. And I can't seem to layer goals.

My goal for November was to walk 10K steps a day and barring a broken leg, I'll achieve that as I only need 5K steps today and tomorrow to achieve it. And I should get that much!

Yesterday I picked up 4K shopping and so ended the day low, but not too low. I crossed over the 290K for the month. My numbers are way down in the past week but being well over during the beginning of the month is helping me now.

On the other hand, I haven't logged food all month. I know I'm up in weight, just not sure by how much.

Dh is away so I'm using prepared food for the majority of my meals. That gives me portion control and the ability to not have to cook. I'm away from home for at least 3 meals this weekend but will take a frozen dinner with me today and tomorrow so I don't have to eat out. Since I'm in the villages, I can't really eat out healthily with having to drive 7 miles to the nearest Subway. And I'll be tight on time so won't want to take the time.

The calories saved from poor eating out choices will be lost to the dessert party tomorrow night. There's no way I'll escape that unharmed.

Monday is a stuffed turkey breast with ds so that will be lower calories. He'll have potato with it but I'm still eating up the squash servings in the freezer so will have that instead. I find it as satisfying as mashed potatoes but much lower in calories.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:38 am

Weight is still up in the higher range...some emotional eating for lunch yesterday on the way to see dmom, but did better the rest of the day. Supper was veggie soup from Costco (probably high in sodium, tho) and a grilled cheese sandwich. Thanks to dh wanting a trip to Tar-jay last night, I got to 10K steps. Seems that last three weeks for the "workday" challenge I've gotten to 10K steps at least three days a week. Weekends are usually lower tho so in reality I'm only getting to 10K steps three days a week.

Kathryn, I'm trying to find monthly steps on the Fitbit dashboard and it only shows me a graph?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:08 pm

One more day of DGD3 here then I will return to my "normal". DD arrived here this morning so I have dedicated my focus doing things with her and DGChildren. Lots of visiting and socializing so my steps are close to lowest for the month (barely break 5K). But that is TOTALLY okay with me. I'm willing to give up my H&F efforts SHORT TERM to have this time with DD and DGD3.

Twins - When I look at the Fitbit activity page it shows both the graph and numbers. On my page the numbers are shown below the graph for Today, this week, this month, this year or a customization date span
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:34 pm

My weight was down 1 Lb. this a.m., which was nice AND surprising, as Thanksgiving was just 2 days ago. :o I'm not going to quibble over it. I'm glad. ;)

I need to get more activity in tonight, but since it's only 5:33 p.m., I have plenty of time prior to bedtime around 11:30 p.m. :mrgreen:
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:33 pm

Ff wtg!

I have done leaf raking this a. m.
10 mi. On the ex bike after lunch & and done the total gym arm work out.

Now after dinner I still need to do my 30 min. On the gazelle.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:35 pm

For some reason, I did another near-60-minute workout yesterday, too. I must have been ready for the longer ones somehow. I guess the switch to consistent 20 mins per day seemed smarter on paper than in practice. Maybe I've just spent too long with alternating days between full workouts and off days, and it didn't feel right. Took today off.

Dd made a "date" to work out with me tomorrow.

A funny from those disorganized among us... ...
Had put my workout shorts through the wash yesterday and hung them to drip dry, then realized I wanted to work out. :roll: Other shorts exist but they have recently disappointed me, feeling binding, not cotton, etc. So I grabbed a pair of black jockey shorts of HRH's in the style with a few inches of leg, called "boxer briefs". They were perfect!!! Who knew. (Not him, I assure you. Shhhh!) They simply looked like black shorts under my overshirt, so I was (literally) covered, even when he and dd walked right by me. Soft and elastic. (However, there is that obvious style flaw if the shirt is not long enough ;) so I won't do that again except in a pinch.)

Return to “Healthy Habits”