Healthy & Fitness - November 2014

Share healthy living habits.
Lynlee

Re: Healthy & Fitness - November 2014

Postby Lynlee » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:49 pm

cheering from the sidelines

yesterdays lesson for me.
Don't have a make do meal. In the long run I eat more. Pit on .5k to be just .1k below my line in the sand, which is 5k more than my one stable weight.
I need to plan for a w/e away. People will have what will be contraband for me.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:44 pm

CI from my ex bike half done with this one!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:01 pm

I'm doing a new Fitbit challenge this week. Some of these people are big-time walkers! Last night I was third from the bottom out of nine, I think. Right now I'm fourth from the bottom. I don't mind as long as I'm getting in close to 10K steps daily - and I didn't get them all in last Thursday and Friday.

With the cold weather, I'm picking up some steps on the treadmill upstairs.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:09 pm

Last night at my new exercise group I RAN a mile...outside....without stopping :o

No one was more surprised than me.

The option was to either walk or run the mile. I told a gal I'd never been a runner so figured I would just fast walk it. Hooked up with a gal who started running and I stayed with her the entire way....I couldn't believe what I was doing and I wasn't even feeling pushed. I think all that time I've been putting in with my Gazelle had something to do with it.

Anyway I was amazed and am ready to do it again tomorrow night.

The guys who are doing this program are physical therapists as well as trainers. They had us divide up into 3 groups according to what we thought we could do ability wise. Group one had the hardest routine and I asked if it was too hard could I drop back down into Group 2. The answer was yes.

I did 10 real push ups at one time, next round I had to do 9, the next 8 and so on....till I was down to 1. I did them all....must have been the oatmeal, pop corn and granola bar I ate during the day...nah, not really, but my goodness was I proud of myself.

What I didn't realize is these trainers are Chris Powell's partners. The fun part of this group is I am getting to spend time with past contestants from the show and also meeting and spending time with the new contestants. It so interesting to learn about what really goes on behind the scenes of the show.

These are some really amazing people who's biggest goal is to get people healthy. I can not begin to tell you how blessed I am feeling at the moment.

Right before I was walking out the door the two trainers stopped to talk to me...there are about 18 of us in the group of all sizes, shapes and weight. They heard me telling my friend that I had walked two miles before I came to class. They had spent time with me during class answering my questions and making sure my form was right while doing my exercises.

They wanted to know if I would share my age with them....and when I told them...64 on my way to 65...they were stunned. They thought I was in my early 50's...told them I would take that answer. :lol: They know I want to work on my strength and core and promised to make sure my workouts address those issues.

They will be answering any food issues we have in the coming classes, so it you can think of anything that you want me to ask them, let me know. I'm going to make the best of these next 6 weeks of classes to become the best that I can be. I am excited and these classes are all about helping each other and lending support. I love the energy and the gals I am meeting. They have such amazing stories to tell.

This is my friend Sara...its weird because when I started hiking with her. I thought she looked familiar but I couldn't figure out why....Its hard to watch this episode knowing what an amazing person she's become. She's filled with love, laughter and positive thinking. And the person who she passes on her gift of Chris' bootcamp is also my friend Jill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE7hmY2DJxM
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:46 pm

RR - THAT is just waaaay to neat!!! I am thrilled for you!

I started watching the video and have it bookmarked so I can finish it later. I really like that show!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:17 pm

Good job, Ramblin'. Sounds like you are having fun, too. I also want to watch the rest of the video later - so interesting.

Lynlee, hey, you are on the correct side of your line in the sand! That's positive right there! Best wishes on the weekend.

LadyM I had assumed you meant you found youtube exercise to replace treadmill exercise! But this is even better.

Great job on walking and biking, Twins' Mom and Nancy. Twins' there will always be someone out there with more steps! At some point you have to say "so what" and challenge with yourself, more than challenge with anyone else.

I've decided to move to an every-day exercise time with just 20 mins a day for the rest of the year. I need a no-brainer schedule as things get hectic, and recently I've been able to make time not long after the school run and feel pretty well with it. (Not too early for flexibility) This will put me at 2 hours 20 minutes for each week, I just won't make 45 or 55 minute blocks of time, which was getting difficult.

Ramblin' I've done that 20 min Mills video a couple more times between T-Tapp days.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:29 pm

Got arms work out done. Finished ex. Bike and gazelle 30 min. Upped that from 20 min. last week challenging myself.
Did a bit too much on carbs today.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:33 pm

Oh watch out everybody...Harriet's gonna be coming out swinging :lol:

Fun isn't it Harriet ;)
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:24 am

Got in my 10K steps yesterday. Dh and I ate out at the neighborhood "tavern." Not great choices (Cuban sandwich and shared tater tots) but could have been worse.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:22 pm

Sara's story is impressive RR.

My weight is back 500g. Just need to keep it there or less. Or convert to muscle would be good too. Well better of course. I'm another needing upper body strength..
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Healthy Habits”