Health and Fitness, December 2014

Share healthy living habits.
FelineFriend

Re: Health and Fitness, December 2014

Postby FelineFriend » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:37 pm

Didn't begin the new IBS drug today, b/c the pharmacy said the ins. co. needed more info from the G. I. Dr. for him to fax to them, so they can do a pre-authorization on it. I discussed the best time to phone the pharmacy back, asked if 1-2-15 would be a better day to inquire about the med, and she said yes. If it's not approved, I'll just continue the current med I'm on, paying attention to my diet, and stay away from things, which bother me, like corn, oranges, tomatoes, broccoli, etc... I had hoped to get the new IBS drug, so I could be on more of a maintenance program, which would enable me to eat more of these foods and fresh fruits and fresh vegetables, too. If it's not approved, it's okay with me. I know what I can eat or cannot eat. It's not the end of the world.

I lifted heavy bins today, for about 10 - 15 minutes, have done light housework for about 1 hour and 10 minutes, my steps are right on track, too. I'm hoping for a 10K day, if I can, or at least 8K - 9K. Anything over 6K is good, for me. My back's sore from heavy lifting and sitting in the car yesterday and at Dson/Ddil's, too. Icy Hot helps tremendously, as does a hot shower.

I've found, since I have degenerative disk disease, osteoarthritis and scoliosis in my lumbar region and sacrum, how standing pelvic tilts help immensely. I went to You Tube, several years ago, to watch a video demo of how to do them. They also showed them laying down flat on a mat. One thing, which helps a lot, is when I get down on my 2" thick mat, do my back PT exercises and Pilates exercises. Oh, my! It's like getting a massage! 8-) Also, if I put my back to the wall, stand with my feet out about 1 foot, then put my back flat on the wall, inching down a bit, and then hold it there, with my back flat against the wall, it's very comforting and therapeutic, too. The inner thighs, and upper thighs and buns get a good workout, too. It's a good thing, as Martha would say. ;)
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:18 pm

Off track with this, so today moving compost & vacuuming the basement will be some of my exercise.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:18 am

Am just doing light housework for activity today, while I wear/use my pedometer. Didn't feel like walking or anything today. Did some lifting though. :mrgreen:
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:26 pm

Did my reading and ex while I was on the gazelle for my 30 min. Also did my arms on the total gym. 10 mi on ex bike done while watching the game. :mrgreen:

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:53 pm

I'm adding some yoga (or tai chi) to each morning (my intention at least) . Just 5-10 min to make it possible, and not too big a deal. I thought as I did it today, adding extra sessions through the day would help too.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Healthy Habits”