Health and Fitness, December 2014

Share healthy living habits.
Ramblinrose

Re: Health and Fitness, December 2014

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:50 pm

I am surprised that I am not sore after the work out I had last night. Maybe it will show up tomorrow.

I was hungry all day yesterday, but stayed away from junk food and such that was calling my name while out running errands. Its unusual for me to FEEL hungry and I could hardly wait to get home and eat my chicken and veggies. Came home after class last night...8:30...feeling the same way so I ate some Greek plain yogurt with some sevia.

Woke up in the middle of the night again hungry...geesh really unusual...but at least I didn't raid the kitchen in my sleep...something to be grateful for. I did eat some almonds and went back to bed.

I'm always hungry when I wake up in the morning... I know some people are not...so I was eating my oatmeal within 15 minutes of getting up. My mom is the same way and eats right after she wakes up. I'm really a breakfast girl...not too crazy about lunch or dinner. But breakfast??? Oh my, get out of my way when I get up.

I made 10K steps yesterday. I don't like my Mistfit much because I don't think its accurate most of the time, but at least it gives me an idea of where I am at most days.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:43 pm

I got in my 10k steps again today, for a streak of one week. I didn't weigh this am after restaurant dinner last night. Weight has been holding steady in spite of walking. No loss at all and probably up based on last night and bad choice for lunch. I atoned somewhat w a salad this evening.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:00 am

I swept wet leaves off the driveway 2x and did 10 mi. On the ex. Bike.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:39 am

Meet all 3 goals yesterday. When I woke up this morning several of my shoulder and back muscles let me know they received a good workout yesterday. Not painful just a good "I worked hard" type of feeling.

The more I read about THM type of eating the more I like it. I'm not ready to jump into it, but am continuing to ponder and consider. The things I do like about it are that
** vegetables are "free" and encouraged to be eaten (minus white potatoes & corn).
** there are three types of meals (Energizing, Satisfying or Fuel Pull) Each meal you pick one type depending on how you are feeling, activities or what food is available.
** Low carb is the basis of one type of the meals, but you don't need to stay low carb for every meal. (wondering if it is a form of carb cycling?)
** There is an abundance of information and support forums/FB groups available.
** I think DH would like this way of eating and it would be good for his diabetes.
Pondering and research continues......

FYI - we might start sleeping at Birthday House tonight. Our internet is scheduled to be moved on Tuesday. If I disappear for a couple days don't worry. As the famous movie lines says.....I'll be back. :)
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:22 pm

:idea: I raked the front yard for my arm back exercises today.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:26 am

MT: do you call your fitbit a misfit? I love it!

Mine is accurate for me. I know because occasionally I'm bored and will count my steps after checking the start number and I'm usually within 10 on a count of 200 or more (it is 10 short.) It often doesn't count steps if you don't move more than 10 so that means moving around in a small kitchen or bathroom doesn't count. Last night I didn't count steps but knew my distance and I know my steps/miles ratio (2200 steps = 1 mile) and it came out exactly where I expected it to.

Not doing anything here to make myself healthier except keep the steps up. And got my flu shot. My knees were bad on Monday and Tuesday but improved after that so I figure it was being in heels all day long on Sunday.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:04 am

Got the nerve to weigh myself yesterday. It was after breakfast and a snack but it looks like I'm holding steady.

My period arrived this morning. So my weight may be up (although how I could tell, I don't know since I had two desserts last night!) It explains why I felt ill last night - I thought it was from overeating!

Still on average to make my 10K per day although I was slightly under yesterday. I'm overtired now because I had too much caffeine, too late (dessert wasn't served until after 10) and was too wired to get to sleep when I went to bed at midnight.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:45 am

Did 10 mi. On ex. Bike yesterday.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:59 pm

DH keeps needing to increase his insulin/drug study med injections.

I get my blood drawn this week, to get my thyroid level re-tested, as it was whacky this summer. My med was adjusted, so we'll "see" if it's worked on my body or not. If not, I suppose Dr. will adjust me again, until my body gets it "right". It's not fun to freeze, it's not fun to lose my hair, or anything, having to do with Hypothyroidism, when it's out-of-whack. This is the first time, since I was in my 30's and was first diagnosed, that it has ever been "off". I'm almost 63, so I don't know if it's an "old-lady" thing, or what. Does anybody know if age has anything to do with a thyroid level changing? I lost more weight, but then, when Dr. adjusted my medication, I stopped losing, and struggle to lose again. I surmise this is a good thing, but I'm not "happy" being unable to lose. But if I'm not losing, because my thyroid's leveled out, my Dr. will be VERY happy! If my nurse lets me know ASAP, about the level, I won't need to wait 9 days, to get the results in person, during an appt. I hope it's leveled out, so Dr. is happier about it. He seemed concerned and asked me if I had an appetite, and I honestly did not know what to answer. I "think" I do. I eat when it's time to eat a meal, and snack, if I'm hungry. I hope this adjustment has helped. I'm going to think positive, because my nurse talked like it was a minor thing to be adjusted and she made it sound routine. I hope, if/when my thyroid level improves, I'll be able to start losing weight again. I'm at this 5-Lbs. plateau spot, which I hate being at, but I'm still VERY happy because I've lost 110 Lbs. since 1990. I need to lose 33 - 35 Lbs. more and.....

My BFF is pre-ordering "The 20/20 Diet," by Dr. Phil McGraw, for me, for Christmas, but the book's not going to be released until 1-5-15. I'm looking forward to reading it and doing what he suggests. I believe it'll be what I need, because I watched his show on it, and it was full of good, sound, smart information and life-changing positives. I'm so grateful for BFF. She always gives the best gifts, which truly help me.

I'm rambling, because I've been up since 4:40 a.m., but I feel good, as I got a good, deep, sound sleep, last night. Perhaps I'll take a nap, this afternoon, OR stay up, since DH leaves early in the morning, for his drug study appt. on his blood sugar readings, etc... I need to be up and ready, before he leaves, in case somebody comes to our front door. It's always a good thing to be prepared, like the Girl Scout and Boy Scout mottoes say. I wonder which organization came up with that motto first? Does anybody know? I guess I could "Google" it, too. :idea: ;)
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:19 pm

Started counting calories again today. Have a weigh-in in 2 weeks, when my thyroid is discussed. Wanting to be the same, as I was in October, or 1 - 2 Lbs. less, than on the Dr. scales back then. Haven't felt hungry today, for some reason, but ate light and nutritious.

Will be weighed mid-month in Jan., Feb., March, and April, too. In May, I may not need to go in, because the tapering off the anti-anxiety med with be over with then. The last month on the last little 1/-4 pill will be in April. :mrgreen: I went off the other anti-anxiety med because of it causing Tinnitus to be a lot worst, after I took it, plus causing dizziness. I've been off it before, occasionally, I've never noticed a help by taking it, so figure why do I need it? At least I'm honest with my Dr. and notify him, as to why I'm changing or going off a med. Some people just "do it" and don't say a word, until months later, when they're at the Dr. office again. I look at the patient-Dr. relationship as a partnership, so both partners need to do their fair share of communicating between each other, be open, and honest.

NOW, I'm getting HUNGRY! :lol: I'd better run, take my generic Zantac, and await my heated up leftovers. ;)

My weight was up on Sunday, so this is another reason I'm counting calories and beefing up my activity level/exercise again. That weigh-in at the Dr. office is motivating. :idea: :arrow: :mrgreen:
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Return to “Healthy Habits”