Health and Fitness, December 2014

Share healthy living habits.
LadyMaverick

Re: Health and Fitness, December 2014

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:35 pm

I'm over 12k steps today with no treadmill time. I wonder if I will maintain this level of steps once the move is over?

Weight is maintaining in the same oh area.

I received the THM book today and read a few pages. I am still interested but not committed until I learn more.

I am working on organizing the kitchen cabinets. I am getting frustrated because everything is twice as difficult to cook because nothing has a place to be. I want to be able to reach for >>>insert a food item<<< and know exactly where it is. I don't like having to search each time I reach for something.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:40 pm

LM, the answer to your question is No. Unless you make another lifestyle change.

I have found that 10K is now relatively easy for me to make each day, despite the fact that I'm not leaving the apartment every day. My rule about using the treadmill when I'm just wasting time on the internet has helped me raise my numbers.

I thought I was going to be short today (only 1.5K by noon) so hopped on the treadmill for almost 2 miles. Then dh took me on a 2.5 mile walk and so I'm well over my 10K already and I still have to go out this evening.

Weight is holding steady despite multiple bad habits that are forming.

Between stress over all the activities I have to do over the next few weeks and holiday treat temptations, holding steady makes me feel like I'm a success!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:58 am

I'm over 15K steps today with no treadmill. I had to make myself stop tonight and snuggle with LO, even though I wanted to keep on working. I am happy my energy level is high.

We have so many irons in the fire that it is getting ridiculous. We are spreading ourselves too thin but don't know what to do about it.
** The move continues - we moved 2 trailer and one SUV loads today.
** We are preparing to rip out the 2" high pressure water lines in MPB and replace them. Lots of pipe and fittings to order (none of these are available locally). DH spent most of the morning with local plumbing store as they tried unsuccessfully to find the parts. When DH was telling me about it at noon I searched on internet and found the oarts.. Now I need to stop long enough to put the order together and get them shipped here.
** DMom is going with us on couple day trip next week. I will slap a happy face on and grit my way through her constant complaining and being put-down.
** I just remembered today that we are hosting Christmas Day meal at BH for the extended family. I need to get a head count how many are coming. I suspect it will be over 40 family members here. Then the planning and prep needs to start in earnest. I told DH that I need the living room furniture to be moved before this happens so they can have a place to sit. :)
** There is more going on but honestly it makes me tired to think about it so I'm not. I'm just going to continue to do the best I can. Either it will work out or it won't. Either way - life will continue to march on.
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:54 am

I am feeling pudgy and clothes are tight, I dread the scales this mo. I can tell the upper arm workout is making a difference it is helping my waist line be more defined. The gazelle helps doing these helps my mood with shorter days I am grateful for these. Plus stairs doing laundry. Today leaf removal was my exercise.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:19 am

Oh my. Weight is highest it's been since I started recording daily, approaching a number with a "0" on the end of it that represents what I consider my highest ever weight outside of pregnancy. And it's not even Hanukkah/Christmas yet, altho the holiday party circuit is in full swing with another party this evening. :o

Have not gotten to 10K the last two days - was just too busy to get upstairs on the treadmill or get out more with ddogs. Ideally I should get my walking in earlier in the day so I don't get to the point that I need a lot of steps with an evening out facing me. I was in two workweek challenges this week and ended up second from the bottom in both with 48K steps for the week. I guess I shouldn't complain too much - that would have been a great total for me six months ago.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:06 pm

Fitbit is showing over 10K steps but i know I did many more than it shows. I spent the first 7 hours of my day in the kitchen organizing the cabinets that didn't get counted by Fitbit. At the end of the 7 hours of standing and movement I had less than 2K steps! Walking a few steps then stopping doesn't count on the fitbit steps. OH well, I may not get credit on the fitbit steps but I am one happy gal to have the Kitchen 80% done. After I finished this morning, I opened all the cabinet doors and counted the storage boxes that I organized and labeled .....63 of them! YIKES! And I still need to buy 7 more boxes like it is used under a bed. Those plastic tubs are the perfect size for the lower cabinet shelves. I am sooooooooooooooo very happy to have the kitchen organized and know where everything is located. Cooking lunch and dinner was a breeze. i want to use the kitchen for a bit so I can discover what needs to be adjusted.

Today we moved 2 trailer loads. The roll top desk is now moved & set up! WOW that thing is heavy! DH is incredibly strong - he lifts 100 lbs like it is nothing and carries it easily but this desk is so heavy & bulky that it had us both straining. I'm glad to have that done. The 2 leather recliner chairs were moved so we only need to get the sofa to finish the living room furniture. We also moved the outside furniture - 16 metal chairs, 3 metal tables, the grill and stand. We are slowly making progress on this move. The house interior is about 90% moved. I think the only thing left is washer, dryer, large bookcase and sofa. That should all fit on one trailer load. Then the moving will change focus to outside structure contents. Ughh.
1. Know what you want.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:10 pm

I lost 4.5 Lbs. this week, but am having thyroid problems, too, though. Get the lab results of 2 thyroid tests later this week, to discuss what's next on the agenda.

Am not having much success with my pedometer steps, with crocheting hats for gifts. Will try to make it a more active week, once the hats are done, have 4 to go, but have 11 days to get them done by.

I'm doing fine on my eats, but last night, I ate a snack at 11 p.m., then woke up at 1:20 A. M. STARVING with hunger pangs AGAIN! I don't eat, because of Gastritis and GERD , at that ungodly hour, so eat ASAP, when I get up. My hair's falling out, a lot, when I shampoo, too, the body thermostat's messed up, and this isn't fun! Whine-whine-whine! :oops: :roll: :!: :lol:

My book on Tinnitus left New Jersey last night, it's supposed to arrive here, on Tuesday, so I can read it before I see my Dr. :mrgreen:

Have a great upcoming week, Everybody! :D :P 8-)
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:45 pm

Did the arm work out this a.m.
I did my 30 min. On the gazelle this afternoon.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:25 am

Did 2 LOL and housework for exercise today.

Will try to do better on my activity level this upcoming week.

I did well on my eats today. I was happy about that.

Keep wondering if my thyroid med adjustment done a several months ago, made the level go back to normal or not. I'll find out later this week. It's nice to lose weight, but not to lose more hair, have wee a.m. hunger pangs, and a messed up thermostat.

At least my eating is healthy, and DH has a pkg. of cookies in the house, which he opened and put into a Ziploc plastic bag, in our breads drawer. I promptly took out a Sharpie pen, wrote the date of my weigh-in, and wrote several exclamation marks after my message to myself, so I don't binge on cookies! :!: :twisted: I have 2 health problems, which are worst, if I have sugar and/or white flour, (editing; spelled "flower"!) (Yep, I'm a writer, all right!) :lol: :roll: :oops: so it's not worth it to indulge anymore. I dread the goodies on Christmas Day, too. I need to be on guard! :idea: I don't want to gain back the 105 Lbs. I've lost since 1990! :!: :!: :!:
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:39 pm

Feeling a bit less pudgy this week yea! Time to think about getting on the ex. Bike & doing the totL gym & gazelle minutes.

Return to “Healthy Habits”