Health and Fitness, December 2014

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness, December 2014

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:48 am

Bs was up a bit accaplable took 1U less for night time dose of long acting stuff. Today I will try to repeat ex from yesterday, add some leg exercises on total gym & instead of those chores will incert vacuum.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:34 pm

Eat on plan and then walked pups a mile and did 3.5 on my gazelle. I carried two 25 lbs of dog food in from the car and then went back for a case of water of 32 bottles. Noticed a big difference in how much effort it took to do both.

Last night at my class I ran then walked up and down a hill 35 times...up and back is one lap in a little over 5 minutes. Did a bunch of other exercises with free weights and finished off the evening with group stretches and then a few yoga moves.

I taught yesterday and really didn't feel like going last night, but because I've been working with this same group for the past 5 weeks knew I would be missed. That in its self motivated me. Sat morning at 7:00 am we meet again...when the alarm goes off I sort of stumble through the house getting ready. I do set out my clothes the night before or I'd never make it.

More hard work in the coming future as my big event is Feb.7th. Nervous and excited to see how I do. Just hope its not freezing cold cause there are a few mud events and that means water. Several in the group have done this event multiple times so I am sure they will have good advice to share.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:09 pm

Dr. said I'm doing well on my diet/exercise.
Thyroid med got adjusted again, it's still a bit "off", and is causing Tinnitus to act up worst.
See the G. I. Dr. next week.
Looks like the colonoscopy will be in the 1st or 2nd week of January.
Happy New Year! At least it'll be done!

BFF is mailing me a book "The 20/20 Diet," by Phil McGraw, when it's released on 1-5-15. I plan on following that plan, to get the last of my weight off in the New Year. Only have about 30 - 33 Lbs. to go now. Lost over 105 Lbs. already. Planning to lose 5 Lbs. a month, for 5 months, to put me at goal by July 4, 2015. I feel that, at -5Lbs. monthly loss, it's slow enough to make it more permanent, rather than crash, rebel and then put it all back on and some more. Been there, done that. It's stupid.

Have a great weekend and upcoming week, too!
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:32 pm

I did my ten mi. on the ex bike and walked for exercise today.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:23 am

Dr. told me how I may gain weight now that he's adjusted my thyroid med again. <SIGH>----- But I won't be as sluggish! :) I'm hoping, with more energy to move more, this weight gain will be MINOR, and NOT MAJOR, and it'll balance each other, with more exercise and healthy eating. My nurse also said I'd have more energy, but could gain more weight. :roll: I'm hoping, with exercise, my weight will be maintained at what it is now, rather than by going up. A gal can "hope", can't she? :?:

I walked 50 minutes today, did 10 minutes of vigorous housework and 45 minutes of light housework. :mrgreen:

My eating wasn't out of control either. :)

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:19 pm

Got on the scale today. Wanted to get a reading before the holiday came...

I lost another couple pounds. Must be all the walking I've been doing and no time to eat!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:47 pm

I got a walk in.
Did 10 mi. On ex. Bike.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:08 pm

Posting from ex bike.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:14 am

Walked 1 hour tonight.
Ate salty food, had my feet down, traveling, and while at our DSON/DDIL's home.
Starting the new IBS med tomorrow; hoping it will work, so I can eat certain fruits/vegetables without a problem now!

Am dead-beat tired tonight, it's 12:14 A. M., so better run!

Happy Friday, Everybody! :D :D

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:11 am

I am continuing on my effort to comprehend the THM (Trim Healthy Mama) way of eating. I'm limited on my time to devote to it, so I am probably making it harder than it really is. A few minutes here and there makes it an extremely slow process to read through the book. The more I read and understand the better I like it. It appeals to me because every meal is an opportunity to eat different style (low/higher carb, low/higher fat, low carb/low fat, high carb high fat).

While reading and thinking about THM, I have discovered something about my eating. I eat all the time!!!!! When I'm tracking food on MFP, I just add what I'm grazing on to the last or next meal. One of foundations of THM is to have a 3 hour window between eating to allow your body to finish processing the food so the different food types aren't mixed.. I didn't realize honoring this 3 hour window would be such a big change for me until I gave it a try.

THM baby step progress -
** Breakfast is on track. I have selected an eating style (Satisfying) and have breakfast meals organized, planned and easily followed.
** 3 hour window - In progress.....actively working on this. I'm using an Android app (Time Meter) to help me know how long it has been since I last ate and to track the different eating styles.
** THM drinks.....in learning stage. They have several with catchy names that I want to try........ The Shrinker, Good Girl Moonshine, BulletProof Coffee, etc.
** Snacks.....next up for my learning/planning focus. I want to have snacks with me at all times. I want them to satisfy both my requirements and to share with the little ones and also meet DH diabetic needs. I need to think through this.......light weight, easily packaged, high protein, tasty......
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Healthy Habits”